Thailand Declares War On Piracy, Intellectual Property Violation: Nattawut

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a watch list that Thailand isn't on?

You got to love the crack down dog and pony show every year just before a review of progress

A fake watch list

Is there a watch list that Thailand isn't on?

You got to love the crack down dog and pony show every year just before a review of progress

A fake watch list

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good show, but just the tip of a very big iceberg. Has anyone tried to buy a genuine version of Windows 7 lately? Impossible.

Well that explains it. I took my machine in yesterday to a reputable repairman. He had a genuine Windows7 the way he showed it to me made me think he was trying to keep it a secret. As I say he is very reputable and has been in the same shop for 7 years that I know of.

It starts innocently enough, but look to the U.S. to see where it can go. Virtually everything is in copyright, and copyright now lasts forever. Eventually everyone can be targeted. But ask Aaron Schwartz, he'll testify.

• Like 1

Most posters make a joke of this.

But then where have gone all the small shops that used to sell fake watches?

But then have gone all the shops that used to sell copies of brand name jeans?

But then why sellers of DVD copies in open markets just do not show up for some days or weeks?

It varies depending on the brand and the product.

At the moment fake headphones like Beats and Monster seem to be all the rage. Pantip plaza, MBK and loads of other places are full of them.

Commerce Ministry to take serious action against IP rights violations

BANGKOK, 18 January 2013 (NNT)-The Ministry of Commerce will take serious action against any intellectual property rights violations after meeting with representatives from Motion Picture Association of America (MPA), who have pleaded Thailand for stricter control on illegal filming of movies in movie theaters.

Deputy Commerce Minister Mr. Nattawut Saikuea said the MPA wanted Thailand to put extra efforts in protecting IP rights for movie makers. According to him, the Association would like to see the sections of the amended property rights law dealing with illegal filming in the cinema clarified.

The Deputy Minister added that the issue would be proposed to the Cabinet for consideration during its mobile meeting in Uttaradit province next Tuesday. It is important to reinforce the law as illegal filming has become so sophisticated that the video shooter is now able to immediately upload the video clips onto the cyberspace via satellite transmission .

The Commerce Ministry has informed the MPA of its decision to propose to the Cabinet that it pass the law on the subject matter. In addition, the Ministry has sought cooperation from the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) and the Economic Crime Suppression Division as well as other related agencies to focus on combating IP right violations this year, said Natawut.

Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of every IP-related law to make sure no one breaks the law in future. The move will also help remove Thailand , now under the microscope for IP right infringements, from the US’s Priority Watch List, the Deputy Commerce Minister concluded.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-01-18 footer_n.gif

I wonder just how many poor Thai people depend on Knock-off to feed themselves and their families?.....10.000? 100,000? 500,000 1 million? I have no idea but for one thing for sure it's an awful lot...just about every cd dvd T-shirt and gawd knows what else they sell at markets street stalls and road side are counterfeit.

Yeah lets stop all the knock-off stuff the poor they can starve.......never mind they came in their droves for 500 baht wait and see what happens when you deprive them of the only living they have.

The won't be stopping anything....just another article aimed at the outside world to say look! we are trying.

• Like 2

Most posters make a joke of this.

But then where have gone all the small shops that used to sell fake watches?

But then have gone all the shops that used to sell copies of brand name jeans?

But then why sellers of DVD copies in open markets just do not show up for some days or weeks?

If you are inferring that they are not there why set up the commission that Mr Nattawut himself will head.

I am in Phuket. In Kata Karon and Patong, watch replicas were displayed in many shops on the streets and markets. Copies of Diesel jeans were in just about all open markets.

I am not inferring that they are not there any more, I KNOW that they are no longer there....

Now many other product copies are being targeted.

That is what is happening.

I wonder just how many poor Thai people depend on Knock-off to feed themselves and their families?.....10.000? 100,000? 500,000 1 million? I have no idea but for one thing for sure it's an awful lot...just about every cd dvd T-shirt and gawd knows what else they sell at markets street stalls and road side are counterfeit.

Yeah lets stop all the knock-off stuff the poor they can starve.......never mind they came in their droves for 500 baht wait and see what happens when you deprive them of the only living they have.

The won't be stopping anything....just another article aimed at the outside world to say look! we are trying.

Please-you have to be joking. Do you reckon the poor people in the markets are the ones who buy this rubbish? They are selling on somebody else's behalf-the stallholders will just get jobs in construction.

I seriously don't understand why it's okay to rip people off just because you are poor.

In Thailand, most rip-off merchants are the wealthy, the stallholders just work for them.

Edited by Considered Opinion

I thought they had solved this before

They have... many, many times.

All that changes is the equipment used to do so, with the excavator in the OP being a new one added to the list.

Thumbs up to the Out On Bail Red Shirt Leader/Deputy Commerce Minister Natthawut for his innovation as well declaring a war that doesn't involve burning downtown Bangkok.

2i_zpse51e62a1.jpg2b_zps8eb002db.jpg2e_zps2cd69524.jpg2g_zpscee1e13d.jpg2f_zps76d948c7.jpg

2d_zpsce2ae2a1.jpg

2a_zpsae67d0af.jpg

2c_zps4dbb0820.jpg

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

LMAO

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Anything new that hasn't been said?coffee1.gif

cracking down on piracy, etc. has been attempted numerous times, all seems to disappear after a few months of effort.

Probably once the official realized that they can get 'tea money' from the shops to turn a blind eye instead.

Hahahah And I'm cracking down on eating, sleeping, belching (or passing gas of any kind), and going to the bathroom! I'm tired of it, and I shall not tolerate it any more! No more! Yup, I'm cracking down! And that sirs, is the end of that!

Thank God for Nattawut! Intellectual Property shall now be protected under the Thailand's stringent laws!

In your face Lady Gaga!

She must feel so stupid now with this show of defiance.

I look forward to seeing no more pirated goods on the streets or in the malls.

I think Thailand has it right - one step forward, two steps back. That's the key to progress.

Not sure how to interpret you post. It makes no sense.

And the creator of sarcasm - rests peacefully in his grave.

• Like 1