How Much Do You Give To Your Girlfriend Each Month?

Renoir

Hi,

For those of you who are living with a Thai girlfriend who is not working, how much do you give her each month for her personal expense? I know that those who live with women who worked at bars will have to pay a lot to compensate the lost of revenue. But I am not talking about those. I am talking about a woman who had a more traditional kind of job before starting living with you. I saw a video on YouTube about a guy living in Thailand who was saying that $200 is a good amount but the video was put on YouTube last year. Is it a good amount?

Thanks,

Renoir

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welll, really unsure how you differentiate the ones who use to work bar and expect money to the ones who use to work and now also expect money.

1. Why would you want her to stop working? if you did want her to stay home i would say the same amount she use to make while working

2.Why did she stop working and changed to "living with you"? Again i would say same amount as she use to make working, though no doubt she would expect much more

3. If she now does all the housework and hence the reason she stopped working, i would say 8000 baht as a minimum as this is a wage for a live in maid.

Sorry to be harsh, but do not understand why a woman would stop working when she has a boyfriend, if you were married and she was pregnant it might be a different story

• Like 2

Welll, really unsure how you differentiate the ones who use to work bar and expect money to the ones who use to work and now also expect money.

1. Why would you want her to stop working? if you did want her to stay home i would say the same amount she use to make while working

2.Why did she stop working and changed to "living with you"? Again i would say same amount as she use to make working, though no doubt she would expect much more

3. If she now does all the housework and hence the reason she stopped working, i would say 8000 baht as a minimum as this is a wage for a live in maid.

Sorry to be harsh, but do not understand why a woman would stop working when she has a boyfriend, if you were married and she was pregnant it might be a different story

I don't want her to stop working if she prefers continuing working. However Thais work long hours. She may want to stop working to simply enjoy an easy life.Of course, if she continues working, then there is no need to give money.

I think it is easy to see if a woman is working in a bar or not. It all depends where you meet her.

I am not looking for a woman to do housework. I can do it myself.

Renoir

I don't want her to stop working if she prefers continuing working. However Thais work long hours. She may want to stop working to simply enjoy an easy life.Of course, if she continues working, then there is no need to give money.

I think it is easy to see if a woman is working in a bar or not. It all depends where you meet her.

I am not looking for a woman to do housework. I can do it myself.

Renoir

just because she does not work bar it does not mean she is not in the same trade.

if she wants to stop working because of the long hours, rest assured she is no different to a bar girl, just much smarter

Edited by lemoncake

Well you haven't really told us of your situation....you are referring to a video you saw on youtube.

So are you speculating, should you find yourself in a relationship...or are you already there and she is asking awkward questions regarding money?

More info, then maybe we can help....but my advice is, don't give one cent until you are married, otherwise you will more than likely be taken for a ride....but even after marriage, nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck.

Cheers.

• Like 1

So, she had a job and then quit to live with you? Big mistake. Now, you are responsible for taking care of her and her family. I would say B10,000/month or whatever she was making in her job.

Yep, when she was working her guts out in a factory she was getting about 12,000B a month with OT, so that was the bench mark. That included the ludicrousness request to borrow money form her family as well. If they wanted money, she could loan it out of that. Not once was it ever paid back. Anyway, she is the ex now. I pay nightly now, much less stress. giggle.gif

• Like 2

i do not have a girlfriend but i did ,she is now my wife she is not and never was employed by me so i "give" her nothing ,we share our life , i had two relationships before i met her and never gave or was asked for "a wage" never understood the concept of giving a woman money to live and share her life with you.

+1

The average wage of a Thai who works in a factory or elsewere, not including the Sex industry. is about 6500baht a month, so you decide,

welcome to year 2013, its 9000thumbsup.gif

This will of course vary by region wink.png

i do not think so, as of January 2013 its 9000 baht/300 baht per day minimum across the country(well thats what i read anyway)

i do not have a girlfriend but i did ,she is now my wife she is not and never was employed by me so i "give" her nothing ,we share our life , i had two relationships before i met her and never gave or was asked for "a wage" never understood the concept of giving a woman money to live and share her life with you.

+1

LOL

The average wage of a Thai who works in a factory or elsewere, not including the Sex industry. is about 6500baht a month, so you decide,

i do not think so, as of January 2013 its 9000 baht/300 baht per day minimum across the country(well thats what i read anyway)

Yes, but minimum and average wages are not always the same.

Well you haven't really told us of your situation....you are referring to a video you saw on youtube.

So are you speculating, should you find yourself in a relationship...or are you already there and she is asking awkward questions regarding money?

More info, then maybe we can help....but my advice is, don't give one cent until you are married, otherwise you will more than likely be taken for a ride....but even after marriage, nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck.

Cheers.

I have visited Thailand and love it. I am planning on living there next year and I will be looking for a girlfriend who is not working in a bar. I am simply trying to figure out how much money I will need to live there.

Richard

+ 1

I won't hold my breath for the esarn farmers and sweat shops to start paying this.

This is ridiculous, I won't start a relationship to pay her personal expenses. I'd rather befriend with an independent woman rather than someone whose intention is manipulating my pocket.

Well, maybe this is for those who look for a deal.

One assumes you are alone?

How do you mean ?

This is ridiculous, I won't start a relationship to pay her personal expenses. I'd rather befriend with an independent woman rather than someone whose intention is manipulating my pocket.

Well, maybe this is for those who look for a deal.

One assumes you are alone?

How do you mean ?

if he is expected to support a girl that sits on her ass, when she is fully capable of working he is better off alone.

• Like 2

Paying your wife a monthly fee? Nah, something wrong if thats happening.

edit. Sorry, re-read the thread title, girlfriend not wife.......still something amiss though....

Edited by mjj
  • Like 2