How Much Do You Give To Your Girlfriend Each Month?

Renoir

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much do you give her each month

how much do you give her each month

Seven and a half inches; 8-10 times a month; plus I pay her electricity bill (about 1000 Baht).

Well, Andrew. You'd certainly bowl her over with your generosity, and knock her for six with the alleged size of your bat. coffee1.gif

I will retire and will be 55 years old. I have never said that I want anybody to stop working. I was simply taking an example from YouTube of a guy who is giving his girlfriend some money each months because she is not working. I simply want to see what is usually done under those circumstances. If I find a girlfriend who has a job and is enjoying it, I would be happy to see her continue working. I have not decided where I will live. I am planning on staying in Chiang Mai for a while and I am also planning to live some time in Bangkok. I may end up living anywhere. I will go where life is good.

If the new GF is not working you obviously have to ascertain how she is supporting herself & probably some members of her family/children. Highly unlikely she would be living off her savings! Up to you how much you want to pay, she would not live with you without any income, but say somewhere around 10k per month, plus funding those occasional "family emergencies". I guess when faced with demands for emergency funds you will move along & find another "GF". Otherwise good luck in finding a "good woman" in employment, they do exist, but as you intend to move around Thailand there will be challenges.

Edited by simple1

I will retire and will be 55 years old. I have never said that I want anybody to stop working. I was simply taking an example from YouTube of a guy who is giving his girlfriend some money each months because she is not working. I simply want to see what is usually done under those circumstances. If I find a girlfriend who has a job and is enjoying it, I would be happy to see her continue working. I have not decided where I will live. I am planning on staying in Chiang Mai for a while and I am also planning to live some time in Bangkok. I may end up living anywhere. I will go where life is good.

You should stop asking others "how much do you give" and think about "how much does she need".

Now you will live together, so I assume you will pay for rent and food and all other necessary spendings?

What will the situation of your GF be, will she have kids, will she have older parents?

Do you WANT her to continue work (6d /week, 12h out of home / day) or do you want her at your side more often?

What was her financial situation before you met her?

Based on all those answers, you will easy find out the right amount to give her with the goal to make her situation better than without you (that it basically what every woman in the whole world wants...):

- she continues to work, you take care of daily living => give her nothing, but she can keep her salary and is better off

- she stops to work, you take care of daily living => give her a monthly allowance for clothes/cosmetics, help her kids, parents etc, but max would be her previous salary

So for your question "what is normal" => anything from zero to 30K Baht / month can be "normal" in order to keep your GF happy with you.

P.S.: And if you really care about her (and depending on the age difference) you will give her some extra to safe for the time after you "left". This of course once you have really committed to each other.

I give my wife approx 50k a month. But out of that she pays for supermarket/market groceries and some bills.

I give my wife about the same amount each month and for the same reasons. But the OP's question is a bit strange! Sounds the same as like he's going shopping for a new car whistling.gif

• Like 1

The average wage of a Thai who works in a factory or elsewere, not including the Sex industry. is about 6500baht a month, so you decide,

welcome to year 2013, its 9000thumbsup.gif

This will of course vary by region wink.png

i do not think so, as of January 2013 its 9000 baht/300 baht per day minimum across the country(well thats what i read anyway)

Does this include the Burmese guestworkers?

Edited by Semper

If the new GF is not working you obviously have to ascertain how she is supporting herself & probably some members of her family/children. Highly unlikely she would be living off her savings! Up to you how much you want to pay, she would not live with you without any income, but say somewhere around 10k per month, plus funding those occasional "family emergencies". I guess when faced with demands for emergency funds you will move along & find another "GF". Otherwise good luck in finding a "good woman" in employment, they do exist, but as you intend to move around Thailand there will be challenges.

I will be moving around until I find the right woman for me. Once I have found her I won't be moving around as much unless it is to travel with her.

One assumes you are alone?

Not true. My point is if one seeks for a real relationship he won't keep it going by monthly payments. It's like the man is renting her on an indifferent installment.

If 2 people share a living based on interest in each other that's another topic. But if she is based on your money, it isn't real, she is bought.

I agree with you but I still assume you live alone and the person you date also has a home. Perhaps you share some time together but you are not married or in a relationship one could call common law marriage.

I wonder why do you get this assumption? But yeah I don't go over paper commitments and I have my own privacy.

I love a woman that does her best to take care of herself, to me they're the reliable ones for a long-term relationship. If she's financially short but does not expect me to pay her expenses, I'd love to help her out until she's on her feet. But the OP here is implying on something else.

It's not like I'm Sherlock Holmes. You wrote, " I don't date the women that rely on my pocket constantly" Men who are as independant and used to not giving a woman money are not married. Nothing wrong with that it's one kind of a relationship and there are many different kinds.

• Like 1

Renoir, for sure it will always be more expensive that you can imagine.

But start right and learn something about Thai culture first.

Read Thailand Fever it explains Thai and Western culture. Look at http://www.thailandfever.com/

Save your money, learn the language, study the culture and move around.

You will know when you have met the right lady for you and none of these questions will matter then.

If your lady has children who want to go to college/Uni, school fees plus materials plus food and living expenses need to be found for them until their education is complete. After that you will pay a maintenance level until they are fully independent.

Then there's her parents, it's natural for girls in particular to help their parents in their old age.

Then there will be the family emergencies and then everyone rallies round and does what they can. There is never any idea that you will be repaid, you did what you did and moved on - that was yesterday so forget it.

If your gf goes to the temple often she can give thousands to Buddha - for lucky lucky,

I assume that you mention that she may not be working because it suits you to be together all the time, rather than you sitting at home, waiting for her to come home from work, tired and irritable.

The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

In the West we have joint accounts and no one thinks twice about it.

The fleecing in the west is usually at the divorce.

Keep away from bars and all that, you will not find who you are looking for in that environment but there will be some really smooth talking and convincing girls who are expert at stringing you along. In any event, they are not the sort of girls you are looking for so why spend time with them?

How does it go? I was drunk at the time and it seemed a good idea......

Read Private Dancer by Stephen Leather. It is available on the web free of charge.

Good luck and enjoy your retirement.

I will be moving around until I find the right woman for me. Once I have found her I won't be moving around as much unless it is to travel with her.

Forgive me if someone else has asked but have you ever been to Thailand?

My wife and I both work, money goes in one account, we live on this money jointly. Sheesh, can't two people live to better themselves without trying to enrich one of them. If you build a life together you will grow together. My father never paid my mother a salary. If your wife demands a monthly payment, she is a hooker. But then if you need to pay someone to stay with you, you are a pretty sorry sod to begin with.

• Like 1

Whether you actually give her cash in hand or not you are responsible for her livings costs. Food, drink, cigarettes, entertainment,clothes, make up, hair, birthday/xmas presents, holidays, mobile phone, children, medical/dental cost etc etc. These will amount to at least 15-20,000 a month.

• Like 1

I give mine 8,000 a month. That is for her personal stuff be it shampoo, face creams, clothes, phone or whatever. It is not a lot of money but she saves some of that each month.

She does not work but that was a joint decision. 12 hours a day working, coming home, sleeping 8 hours, time to travel to and from work left us with a couple of hours a day together. A couple of days off a month. If she is working I might as well live alone.

A part time job of work would suit her perfectly but they are few and far between.

We share the cooking and cleaning, the laundry and everything else, though she does prefer to do most of it herself. We have time to go out to different places during the day, to get out to the bar once a week - she is not one for going to the bar much.

This suits me and is a situation I am currently happy with.

No requests for money for family or anything else.

• Like 2

My wife boutht our home; 100% loan. I bought the furniture (I wanted stuffed leather in the living room and solid wood traditional chairs and table in the dining room). We split the landscaping cost and both pay the rent. I pay the electric, internet and water.smile.png I give her 100 baht a day for her lunch. I guess that is extravagant but I like doing it. It's the man/hunter thing.

I'm paying my girlfriends rent, mainly so she doesn't move in with me (her roommate recently got married and she can't really afford the rent on her own), that runs 6000 a month. She is still working, but I may need to move soon for work and she wants to come with me, if she does I'll help her out with her bills (car payment and loan on a few rai outside Chiang Mai) until she finds another job that pays the same.

I give mine 8,000 a month. That is for her personal stuff be it shampoo, face creams, clothes, phone or whatever. It is not a lot of money but she saves some of that each month.

She does not work but that was a joint decision. 12 hours a day working, coming home, sleeping 8 hours, time to travel to and from work left us with a couple of hours a day together. A couple of days off a month. If she is working I might as well live alone.

A part time job of work would suit her perfectly but they are few and far between.

We share the cooking and cleaning, the laundry and everything else, though she does prefer to do most of it herself. We have time to go out to different places during the day, to get out to the bar once a week - she is not one for going to the bar much.

Sounds good and great that you share your lives together.

I have a good one too, mine also prefers to do most of the house work herself but I get to fix things. Pictures on walls, mend something or other and work out why the softener thingy on the washing machine isn't working.....

I am part of a larger family and I like that.

I don't exactly count what I give, I don't see the point as long as we have enough to do what we need to do.

• Like 2

This is ridiculous, I won't start a relationship to pay her personal expenses. I'd rather befriend with an independent woman rather than someone whose intention is manipulating my pocket.

Well, maybe this is for those who look for a deal.

One assumes you are alone?

How do you mean ?

It means some people cannot comprehend its possible to find a g/f who is financially independent and would find being kept and taking money as not appreciated. There are plenty out there who don't need a guys money, who will contribute towards costs, have a uni degree, company car etc and do earn considerably more than the minimum wage. But that does warrant more effort than buying a lady out of a bar.

so my answer to OP question 0 baht unless you want house wife then that's all down to your negotiating skills and income.

I know wink.png

Just the person saying it has a 30 year younger , hi-so, engineer wife who has to work 12 hours a day and bought his house. thumbsup.gif

Welll, really unsure how you differentiate the ones who use to work bar and expect money to the ones who use to work and now also expect money.

1. Why would you want her to stop working? if you did want her to stay home i would say the same amount she use to make while working

2.Why did she stop working and changed to "living with you"? Again i would say same amount as she use to make working, though no doubt she would expect much more

3. If she now does all the housework and hence the reason she stopped working, i would say 8000 baht as a minimum as this is a wage for a live in maid.

Sorry to be harsh, but do not understand why a woman would stop working when she has a boyfriend, if you were married and she was pregnant it might be a different story

I don't want her to stop working if she prefers continuing working. However Thais work long hours. She may want to stop working to simply enjoy an easy life.Of course, if she continues working, then there is no need to give money.

I think it is easy to see if a woman is working in a bar or not. It all depends where you meet her.

I am not looking for a woman to do housework. I can do it myself.

Renoir

Well that is very very rare. In fact I'd say most men have "committed" relationships with women for this very reason- too lazy to cook and clean for themselves.

Edited by MacChine

Sounds good and great that you share your lives together.

I have a good one too, mine also prefers to do most of the house work herself but I get to fix things. Pictures on walls, mend something or other and work out why the softener thingy on the washing machine isn't working.....

I am part of a larger family and I like that.

I don't exactly count what I give, I don't see the point as long as we have enough to do what we need to do.

I too do not count other stuff. I simply find it easier if she has her 'own' money and can go out and get her hair done or whatever. I treat her now and again to something different or we go out to somewhere and sit having a coffee or something. Maybe a meal out. Christmas, New Year, Songkran, Valentine's and the rest. To me, that is part of a happy relationship and far better than taking a woman for the night not knowing who might have been slobbering over her the night before sick.gif

I am happy to be part of a relationship. Her family are happy and that of course makes her happy. We can go and visit and be made welcome and that in itself is like a holiday. Take the parents out to a Thai BBQ and they are over the moon and tell the neighbours all about it.

I get to do the fixing too. Plumbing, electrics, installing a new shower, fixing the fan or whatever. Always amazes her that I can do these things, but that is the way I was brought up.

Long may it be this way :)

• Like 1

The average wage of a Thai who works in a factory or elsewere, not including the Sex industry. is about 6500baht a month, so you decide,

welcome to year 2013, its 9000thumbsup.gif

This will of course vary by region wink.png

And if the company employing is paying the 300B minimum wage......................rolleyes.gif

This is ridiculous, I won't start a relationship to pay her personal expenses. I'd rather befriend with an independent woman rather than someone whose intention is manipulating my pocket.

Well, maybe this is for those who look for a deal.

You forget one important thing some members have only their wallet to impress a girl and keep her. Id say the amount of money paid is inverse related to how nice you are how attractive you are in relation to said girl.

But why pay anything just pay for her food and pay the living expenses.

Me i always went for independent woman too much less of a hassle then thinking if she likes you or not. Some might even contribute money to the household (imagine that a whole novel concept)

Though to be honest, i can understand part of it if your wife is slaving away in a factory to say don't work i pay your living expenses (nothing on top of that) lets both make some sacrifices she does not have to work any-more. But a normal job why cant they keep that, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

I give nothing, nada, and we are still together. she has a job, and we share everything. Like housing, motorbike, fuel,....

She pay her own food, and I pay mine.... I pay more for the rent because it is dam_n cheap here.... So she can send more money to her family. I pay hotel and flight when on holiday.

Stay away from women who rely on you financially.

Only cheap charlies will find happiness and prosperity. :lol:

Edited by screwit
  • Like 2

I felt the same way about my tgf working. She had a job for a while earning 250 baht a day. By the time she paid to travel to work, had a couple of meals there, uniform etc she hardly had anything to show for working 60 hours and i hardly ever saw her. She was too tired for boom boom etc. I can't see the point in your tgf working, you might as well just barfine when you need it. I presume you still pay for some of her living expenses over the 8,000 baht so it's difficult to say exactly what a live in costs you.

Edited by chris2004
  • Like 1

Whether you actually give her cash in hand or not you are responsible for her livings costs. Food, drink, cigarettes, entertainment,clothes, make up, hair, birthday/xmas presents, holidays, mobile phone, children, medical/dental cost etc etc. These will amount to at least 15-20,000 a month.

I beg to differ.

Food fair enough

Drink and cigarettes ......... respectable ladies (or those pretending) don't drink or smoke.

Entertainment ....... Tv is very cheap, married ladies rarely go out, it's just not done.

Clothes ....... very cheap from market stalls.

Makeup and hair, OK but don't let her go mad.

Birthday/Xmas presents ......... not a Thai tradition, don't bother, they won't give you gifts.

Holidays ........ not a holiday if you take your wife, plenty of other girls already there.

Mobile phone ....... 400bht from Tesco Lotus.

Children ..... they live with grandma.

Medical/dental ........ free for Thais.

Total monthly outgoings to support your lady ........ about 2000bht per month.

Different if you are adding in rental costs for the use of the lady herself.