Pattaya Carnival

Phil Conners

So today and the next 3 days it's Carnival in Pattaya, says the signs the city fathers have put up.

Do they really think just because they say so there will be a Carneval like in Rio? Do they realize that in Rio people attend "samba schools" the whole year to be able to participate in the one week the Carneval last?

So what will happen in Pattaya? I expect a lot of traffic full of people wanting to see the carneval ... but seeing just ... traffic.

:o

improving the water quality might help more than such stupid ideas....

So today and the next 3 days it's Carnival in Pattaya, says the signs the city fathers have put up.

Do they really think just because they say so there will be a Carneval like in Rio? Do they realize that in Rio people attend "samba schools" the whole year to be able to participate in the one week the Carneval last?

So what will happen in Pattaya? I expect a lot of traffic full of people wanting to see the carneval ... but seeing just ... traffic.

:o

Uh can't be serious they are trying to imitate Rio? :D

Well there's more than a few 'Ronnie Biggs' here already. :D

Half the town's population are clincally 'nuts'.

The place is a banana republic.

The local infrastructure resembles a favela.

Loads of camp buggers roaming around of dubious gender.

Asian Rio, maybe? :o

Edited by donkeykong

Many places celebrate Carnival or Mardis Gras - Pattaya or(or Samui/Phuket) would be a particularly good place to have a similar event, but it has to be organised....I used to have involvement in such events and see little evidence that an appropriate amount of time, research, or money has been spent in this instance.

Many places celebrate Carnival or Mardis Gras - Pattaya or(or Samui/Phuket) would be a particularly good place to have a similar event, but it has to be organised....I used to have involvement in such events and see little evidence that an appropriate amount of time, research, or money has been spent in this instance.
Carnival seems like a good idea, Old Croc can wear his new thermal underwear :D and udon can take his parrot for a walk, while I send the maid over to clean up his shed :o Nignoy

The start of the parade was a joke. I watched for over one hour as they tried to put up a blow up archway over the beach road. It had a Pattaya carnival sign hanging from it that unfortunately nobody had realised would prevent the elephant and floats from going underneath it.

And was it just me or was it like 90% katoeys and gays !

(no offence intended to katoeys and gays)

Get a grip people. Learn some Thai culture. Our family enjoyed the parade, and then walked to bali High to see another spectacular fireworks display, and had dinner on the waterfront. All in all a very nice evening.

Barry

Barry, no offence, but very little of that parade had anything to do with Thai culture.

We enjoyed it too.

Get a grip people. Learn some Thai culture. Our family enjoyed the parade, and then walked to bali High to see another spectacular fireworks display, and had dinner on the waterfront. All in all a very nice evening.

Barry

Barry, no offence, but very little of that parade had anything to do with Thai culture.

We enjoyed it too.

Hey john,

what I meant is the way things are done in Thailand. I'm tired of people complaining about everything that happens in Pattaya. True things are not done the same way as it is in the west, and sometimes with much less efficencey, but this is the way it is and if some people don't like it then they should go home.

Barry

this is the way it is and if some people don't like it then they should go home.

Barry

This IS home :D

Exactly! :D

If I had the misfortune to have to return to that place I once called home, I really would have something to complain about... :D:o

Uh can't be serious they are trying to imitate Rio? :o

They're imitating pretty much they find, even the music it's a copy, I guess 50 Cents will be quite surprise tomorrow when'll he'll see that he will not bring new music for thai's, only that it will all be in english :D

They're imitating pretty much they find, even the music it's a copy, I guess 50 Cents will be quite surprise tomorrow when'll he'll see that he will not bring new music for thai's, only that it will all be in english :D

thanks for that deep insight, Alex.

Can somebody translate?

Who's 50 Cents? :D

Can somebody translate?

He used to be in 'Dollar', but the twosome split up...

Can somebody translate?

He used to be in 'Dollar', but the twosome split up...

Noel, I wish I could comment something but I'd better not to, I don't understand why all the threads on this forum must finish into an argue way off topic...if you like copies, I am happy for you, enjoy it...

As for the 50 Cents part, read the newspapers and google it if you really need to know...it's still a culture, a thing that you don't seem to be really up to date with