Yingluck Outlines Thailand's Strategies

webfact

Shinawatra clan strategy? I believe John Denver wrote a song about it wink.png

'Rocky Richy Mountain My High', or something like that ? rolleyes.gif

'Grandpa's Feather-Bed Gravy-Train' ?

'Take Bring Me Home, Country Roads Folk' ?

'Thank God I'm A Country Boy Billionaire' ? laugh.png

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.

or "I'm Leaving coming-back, On An My Airplane", perhaps ? rolleyes.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shinawatra clan strategy? I believe John Denver wrote a song about it wink.png

'Rocky Richy Mountain My High', or something like that ? rolleyes.gif

'Grandpa's Feather-Bed Gravy-Train' ?

'Take Bring Me Home, Country Roads Folk' ?

'Thank God I'm A Country Boy Billionaire' ? laugh.png

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.

or "I'm Leaving coming-back, On An My Airplane", perhaps ? rolleyes.gif

I believe his biggest (and final) hit was "Who Filled Up My Fuel Tank ?"

And again we witness the Thai Government’s complete failure to even recognize that "education" is indispensable to these challenges. No mention of it in YS "strategies".

Where will the knowledge-based workforce come from to lift Thailand out of the middle income trap?

Wow. In one post, they're asking how to keep from paying $3 extra to a taxi, and in the next post, they're dissing on a woman who has accomplished more than I (for one) will ever accomplish in my life.

I ask myself: If I were to ask for a meeting with my country's president, prime minister, chancellor, Grand Poobah or whatever, what are my chances of getting on the schedule? If she asked for such a meeting, what are her chances?

If I went to check my bank balance, would it be in the same order of magnitude as hers? Doubt it.

If I were to summon my country's Thai ambassador for a 4:00 AM meeting, do I think he (or she) would show up? I suspect they would show up if she were to send out the summons.

I'm not a fan, one way or the other. But I do think the woman deserves more respect than she's being shown.

Show me anyone that can come into a 4000 year old feudal monarchy culture and do any better- without taking a bullet for her troubles...

Bottom line, she has succeeded in what all politicians want. She's in power. I challenge anyone posting here to toss out your "claim to fame" and see how it compares.

Then feel free to diss her all you want.

• Like 1

Wow. In one post, they're asking how to keep from paying $3 extra to a taxi, and in the next post, they're dissing on a woman who has accomplished more than I (for one) will ever accomplish in my life.

I ask myself: If I were to ask for a meeting with my country's president, prime minister, chancellor, Grand Poobah or whatever, what are my chances of getting on the schedule? If she asked for such a meeting, what are her chances?

If I went to check my bank balance, would it be in the same order of magnitude as hers? Doubt it.

If I were to summon my country's Thai ambassador for a 4:00 AM meeting, do I think he (or she) would show up? I suspect they would show up if she were to send out the summons.

I'm not a fan, one way or the other. But I do think the woman deserves more respect than she's being shown.

Show me anyone that can come into a 4000 year old feudal monarchy culture and do any better- without taking a bullet for her troubles...

Bottom line, she has succeeded in what all politicians want. She's in power. I challenge anyone posting here to toss out your "claim to fame" and see how it compares.

Well said !!!

Excellent post and thank you for stating what is obvious to all except some on here who are just full of hate and bias.

• Like 2

Well said !!!

Excellent post and thank you for stating what is obvious to all except some on here who are just full of hate and bias.

Begin of May, 2011 Ms. Yingluck applied for a position on the Pheu Thai party list, stating she would like to serve. Pheu Thai party executives who know a bargain when it squeezes their balls, said 'OK, you're obviously what our Thinker wants and therefor the people of Thailand need, here's position #1'.wink.png

Well said !!!

Since you seem to admire her so much it should be easy, can you show us one single personal remarkable achievement from Yingluck?

Well said !!!

Since you seem to admire her so much it should be easy, can you show us one single personal remarkable achievement from Yingluck?

I don't admire her, your words, not mine.

Perhaps you can state and prove her mistakes and lack of achievement ??

Well said !!!

For and to all mothers wai.gif

post-58-0-93086000-1359131022_thumb.jpg

So... none. Thank you.

So you cannot substantiate your allegations, libels or inferences.

Not a surprise.

• Like 1

So... none. Thank you.

Not a surprise.

On the other hand phil can you elaborate on her many achievements if she has any?

And again we witness the Thai Government’s complete failure to even recognize that "education" is indispensable to these challenges. No mention of it in YS "strategies".

Her sister and Red Shirt Leaders are busily working on coming up with these strategies for education.

Even though Red Shirt Leader Thida wasn't given an MP chair like her husband Weng was, the Yingluck government has now rewarded her with a chair on the Education Ministry's Office of the Education Council.

Another Red Shirt appointed to the Council is Worapol Prommikabutr.

Still another appointed to the Education Council by Yingluck Shinawatra's government is Yingluck's older sister, Yaowaret Shinawatra.

Still others include failed Pheu Thai Party constituency MP candidates and a Red Shirt lawyer.

The list of all appointees used to be viewable in pdf format on the government website:

http://www.onec.go.t...-27-07-2012.pdf

but it's since been taken down after the news of its content began circulating amongst the media.

• Like 2

Yingluck Outlines Thailand's Strategies

shouldn't the headline read, 'Yingluck Outlines Thaksin's Strategies' ? whistling.gif

So... none. Thank you.

Not a surprise.

On the other hand phil can you elaborate on her many achievements if she has any?

I believe there is a valid point here, it's quite hard to think of one positive achievement, where PM-Yingluck has had an idea of her own or made a clear difference, since her party was elected and she became Prime Minister.

But we must allow her time, it's only been eighteen months, after all ! wink.png

And didn't she herself ask for an initial six-month period-of-grace, before starting to judge her, fair enough when handing the top political-job to a total Newbie.

But where now are her achievements, ideas she has had, and put into effect ? Why do aspiring office-holders still rush off to Hong-Kong & Dubai, to meet with the real decision-maker, and lobby for their loyalty to be rewarded ?

PM-Yingluck will rightly go down in history as Thailand's first female PM, that in itself was a step forward, but it would be nice to see her also actually achieve something with the office, rather than merely chairing (subject to helicopter-operations at night) Cabinet-meetings, or taking Skype-calls from the 'Big Boss'.

There's a risk she will later be judged, to have blown her own opportunity to make a difference, unless she makes a start soon.

• Like 2

Well said !!!

Completely failed so far to bring back Thaksin and that was the cabinet's number one job from day one. Even you will be dreadfully disappointed with that one but probably too shy to say so.

So... none. Thank you.

Not a surprise.

Well one way or another she is Prime Minister of a country, which I would say is an achievement. I think most people would classify that is an achievement or on Thai Visa do we have higher standards for personal accomplishments? I am waiting to hear what all our esteemed members have achieved in their lives which provides the opportunity to ridicule someone else achievements. If you dont classify being a PM an achievement, what have any of the past PM's etc done?

The very fact that the car industry is going such great guns at the moment, is testament to the forward thinking nature of the PTP Government in comparison to the Democrats. In fact I think this one success story alone, is more than the Democrats did in their recent term, unless someone wants to point out some of their successful achievements?

• Like 1

Well one way or another she is Prime Minister of a country, which I would say is an achievement. I think most people would classify that is an achievement or on Thai Visa do we have higher standards for personal accomplishments? I am waiting to hear what all our esteemed members have achieved in their lives which provides the opportunity to ridicule someone else achievements. If you dont classify being a PM an achievement, what have any of the past PM's etc done?

The very fact that the car industry is going such great guns at the moment, is testament to the forward thinking nature of the PTP Government in comparison to the Democrats. In fact I think this one success story alone, is more than the Democrats did in their recent term, unless someone wants to point out some of their successful achievements?

An achievement for the Shinawara's that must be recognised - they have managed to steal more money from the people of this country than anybody that I know of, while managing to pay/give less back than almost everone.

An achievement for the Shinawara's that must be recognised - they have managed to steal more money from the people of this country than anybody that I know of, while managing to pay/give less back than almost everone.

Be as it may (although you are just speculating), obviously the Thai people disagree with you.

• Like 1

With respect, being Prime Minister is IMO an opportunity, rather than an achievement in itself.

And we're talking here about personal achievements, rather than those of her party, directed from afar by her brother.

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

Well one way or another she is Prime Minister of a country, which I would say is an achievement. I think most people would classify that is an achievement or on Thai Visa do we have higher standards for personal accomplishments? I am waiting to hear what all our esteemed members have achieved in their lives which provides the opportunity to ridicule someone else achievements. If you dont classify being a PM an achievement, what have any of the past PM's etc done?Don't you remember the election campaign slogan? it wasn't Yingluck Thinks PTP Does, it was Thaksing Thinks, PTP Does. Crystal clear.The very fact that the car industry is going such great guns at the moment, is testament to the forward thinking nature of the PTP Government in comparison to the Democrats. In fact I think this one success story alone, is more than the Democrats did in their recent term, unless someone wants to point out some of their successful achievements?

She became PM because her brother appointed her, nothing more. She was number one in the Party List lot, a clinically brain dead person would still had been "elected" an MP in that position.

Or do you honestly think she became Prime Minister on her own work, initiative and history in politics?

Do you remember the electoral campaign slogan? It wasn't Yingluck Thinks PTP Does, it was Thaksin Thinks, PTP Does. The irrelevance of Yingluck can't be stated any more clearly than that.

As for myself, if I had a powerful brother that appoints me as his proxy because he is too much of a criminal to run things in person, I wouldn't call that an achievement, embarrassment, at the very least, would be closer to my feelings.

Edited by AleG
  • Like 1

Well one way or another she is Prime Minister of a country, which I would say is an achievement. I think most people would classify that is an achievement or on Thai Visa do we have higher standards for personal accomplishments? I am waiting to hear what all our esteemed members have achieved in their lives which provides the opportunity to ridicule someone else achievements. If you dont classify being a PM an achievement, what have any of the past PM's etc done?Don't you remember the election campaign slogan? it wasn't Yingluck Thinks PTP Does, it was Thaksing Thinks, PTP Does. Crystal clear.The very fact that the car industry is going such great guns at the moment, is testament to the forward thinking nature of the PTP Government in comparison to the Democrats. In fact I think this one success story alone, is more than the Democrats did in their recent term, unless someone wants to point out some of their successful achievements?

She became PM because her brother appointed her, nothing more. She was number one in the Party List lot, a clinically brain dead person would still had been "elected" an MP in that position.

Or do you honestly think she became Prime Minister on her own work, initiative and history in politics?

Do you remember the electoral campaign slogan? It wasn't Yingluck Thinks PTP Does, it was Thaksin Thinks, PTP Does. The irrelevance of Yingluck can't be stated any more clearly than that.

As for myself, if I had a powerful brother that appoints me as his proxy because he is too much of a criminal to run things in person, I wouldn't call that an achievement, embarrassment, at the very least, would be closer to my feelings.

How does anyone get appointed in Thailand?

Please could you enlighten us who would/could become/have been PM of Thailand on their own work, initiative and history in politics?

You seem so hyper excited, perhaps if you and the Democrats could calm down and think logically and strategically, you may have a chance of actually putting together some decent polices and election strategies and winning some votes- rather than just whimpering about Thaksin all day. I take it the sarcastic comment about your personal achievements is tantamount to admitting you have done less than YS?

• Like 1

Be as it may (although you are just speculating), obviously the Thai people disagree with you.

Smutcakes can you please give us your opinion on whether the Shinawatra family has stolen any money from the Thai people i.e evading taxes or any other method?

Well to keep inflation at a reasonable level, despite the fact that the Dems exhausted the entire fuel reserve, is quite an achievement, given the impact rising fuel prices can have, more of an achievement considering the investment of continuing funding of the rice scheme. I do not think it is the PM that is personally responsible for coming up with the ideas/actions and implementation for improvement in any government, some of you guys really need to get a grip!!

Edited by 473geo

Please could you enlighten us who would/could become/have been PM of Thailand on their own work, initiative and history in politics?

You seem so hyper excited, perhaps if you and the Democrats could calm down and think logically and strategically, you may have a chance of actually putting together some decent polices and election strategies and winning some votes- rather than just whimpering about Thaksin all day. I take it the sarcastic comment about your personal achievements is tantamount to admitting you have done less than YS?

So you say Thaksin didn't appoint her sister to be PM. And I'm not the one thinking logically... :rolleyes:

Smutcakes can you please give us your opinion on whether the Shinawatra family has stolen any money from the Thai people i.e evading taxes or any other method?

I expect they have avoided/evaded/not declared tax- as do a huge amount of the population in Thailand and the world over- and if this is stealing from the Thai people then yes they have, but it is pure speculation as to how much they avoided, evaded etc etc Obviously I could not prove it, but i am sure they are by no means the only politicians avoiding/evading tax, not that it makes it right by any means.

So you say Thaksin didn't appoint her sister to be PM. And I'm not the one thinking logically... rolleyes.gif

Where have i said Thaksin did not assist in getting her appointed? All people from all parties the world over need assistance whether it be financial, planning, strategic etc etc you cant have a party of one person. She is still in the position of PM, which personally i would call an achievement however one was to get there.

I would be interested to know your thoughts on the likes of Bush, Blair, Howard, Merkel on what their own work, initiative and history in politics did to get them into the top job?

The Thai people don't disagree, they just aren't educated enough to understand. Thaksin's monopoly was an obvious and blatant rort, but 90% of the Thais that I have attempted to explain this to have no concept of a monopoly, free trade, or most other economic basics. Those that do don't vote PTP.

And there is nothing speculative about that theft, it is an historical fact.

• Like 2