Typical Lack Of Communication.

After having spent 2 or 3 hours watering them dammed coconuts, came home. As said in plans for the coming year, going to get a good veggie garden at the back of the house. Have planter boxes getting very green, nearing time to transplant.

So armed with Kun pick and shovel I set to work breaking up the soil and making rows to plant. Covered in sweat a few hours later, I go to the front of the house where the ice box and cold beer reside.

Crack the first one, wife drives up after picking the kids up from school. She says I have just order 10 tip trucks of dirt to raise the back yard.

Good exercise, but a lot of wasted effort. You have to laugh or go insane. JIm

• Like 1

Yes. We went off for four days, my beloved BIL finished laying tiles inside the house. Why? We want to help... Can't respond to that. And why, prithee, bloody PINK tiles? 17 Baht cheaper. I hate pink. So we now have 3 different colours of tiles in the house, only about half of which I am happy with . You can't say much and if you can't laugh you're done for.

Yes. We went off for four days, my beloved BIL finished laying tiles inside the house. Why? We want to help... Can't respond to that. And why, prithee, bloody PINK tiles? 17 Baht cheaper. I hate pink. So we now have 3 different colours of tiles in the house, only about half of which I am happy with . You can't say much and if you can't laugh you're done for.

Don't mention the tile thing, it's like a patch work quilt at our house, Extended family, all have different color preferences, BIL built a big room for him and wife, they like white. FIL extended the open livening area [ we were in OZ ] he likes blue. Rest of the area is green.

Came home one day to see a builder preparing to lay tiles. These tiles had been left over from the factory building, they were a yellow pink design. They were to join the green blue area.

House is an off yellow color, plenty of empty paint containers around. House gets bigger, do they take an empty paint bucket or top to buy more paint. Off course not, yellow is yellow. Now part of the house is and off white yellow and some is a bright yellow.

Lucky I believe that a house is just a place to sleep, if you have a good bed, are not too cold or hot, that's good enough.

Plus I don't mind if the kids drawing on the walls. Jim

• Like 2

Have you ever wondered how the timber stain fairy knows when a new house is finished? Suddenly, unasked and unnoticed, every new timber external walled house has a 1 metre square patch of dark timber stain on it in the bottom corner. The Timber Stain Fairy has stuck again. Of course you are then expected to approve the completion of the paint job at ridiculously high prices. If not, try and match or even cover that patch!

I noticed every house in our village had such a patch and at first thought it must have some religious meaning. Of course everyone got a good laugh at my expense over that. But I still wonder who supplies the paint to the local TSF? No-one pays and he never gets to finish one house, why keep doing it?

• Like 1

Tiles. Patterned tiles... Why can't they lay them so the pattern flows across the floor or wall as intended?

Glossy Tiles.....A must for all wet areas to improve drainage. Or should I say "slippage"

Textured Tiles .... Opposite use, to trap all the dust and make it "easy" to sweep up. Usually supplied with a porous surface to soak up the cooking oil.

• Like 1

In our previous house wife decided that beside the stove the wall should be tiled for easier cleaning.

agreed, a sensible idea.

only when i was away for a while she completed it with the lestover blue tiles and green tiles from elsewhere. And in her wisdom not only used the whole tiles, but pieces too, moreover regardless the directions too...a real eyesore.

but she just wanted good. sure.

In our previous house wife decided that beside the stove the wall should be tiled for easier cleaning.

agreed, a sensible idea.

only when i was away for a while she completed it with the lestover blue tiles and green tiles from elsewhere. And in her wisdom not only used the whole tiles, but pieces too, moreover regardless the directions too...a real eyesore.

but she just wanted good. sure.

In and old bedroom, knocked down now. BILs wife was having a baby. He and she wanted to stay here, extended family. He got some guys in to paint and tile the floor, they used every left over tile, many colors and off cuts. Could have been a work of art, but it wasn't. Just a floor made of many colors from any tiles they could get, broken chipped and just stuck in the cement. TIT. Jim
  • Like 1

We are away from our farm having a little break in Chiang Mai right now. Tomorrow about 40-60 loads of dirt are getting delivered to raise the level of some parts, which we have explained several times to MIL where we want it. Can't wait to get back next week and see what actually happened and how much work it will take to fix it. sad.png

Going back 9 years, and the house is being built. We are stood in the bathroom. I am explaining to my darling,Sit down toilet there, sink there, hot water shower there. She passes this on to the builder. He nods his head. "Kapom", and my wife says "ok, him unnerstan" So satisfied that all his well, I head back to the step daughter's. 2 days later and the power is off, so nothing better to do, I walk to the house to check on progress.Toilet's in, sink's in. Shower is on the floor in it's box.The builder has a 1/2 built trough where the shower is going.I look at the toilet and he's working on it. and there is a mini trough, by the toilet.annoyed.gif

"Yut, satop yattam" He looks at me with a like what's the problem look. So I told him I didn't like it, speak with Sopha. Turns out he wasn't sure how the shower worked, so he resorted to Thai bathroom construction thinking.

beatdeadhorse.gif

If it were me Jim, I may have suggested to SWMBO that she has a rest and lie down in the back garden while I direct the trucks where to unload.

On the other hand if I did that she come up with a sence of humour failare which is not a pretty sight.

Sang Som, soda and ice is a good relaxing cure for me at any rate.