Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo... [snip]

i don't know about IQ, but a Freddy Krueger and a chucky tattoo? What was he thinking?

talk about a waste of skin.

What i find most interesting is the general lack of indignation on this thread, over this incident, as opposed to the ire apparent on the thread i was just reading where a thai accideintally shot a bystander at the full moon.

I have to agree with you

never ceased to amuse me about when and why people choose a certain tattoo

I remember when my friend was young she got a tweetie pie bird in yellow on her stomach

then after 3 kids and 200 pounds of fat she put on, it now looks like - well you can imagine

So when this dude gets out and deported then his Freddy make look stupid as well.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Col Chiraphat expressed his concern about how detrimental such an incident could be to Phuket’s vital tourism industry.

“The suspects opened up fire in the middle of a dense tourism area and injured two innocent people. They have seriously tarnished Thailand’s reputation and must face the highest penalties under the law,” Col Chiraphat said.

The country's reputation of being a Paradise for sharp shooters and their straying bullets,with the possibility to built a house and never own it, or move in, because you decide to base jump without a parachute?--w00t.gif

So what happened to the Thai guy who opened fire and accidently shot the british guy, killing him? That was an accident and all faded away.

Col Chiraphat expressed his concern about how detrimental such an incident could be to Phuket’s vital tourism industry.

“The suspects opened up fire in the middle of a dense tourism area and injured two innocent people. They have seriously tarnished Thailand’s reputation and must face the highest penalties under the law,” Col Chiraphat said.

The country's reputation of being a Paradise for sharp shooters and their straying bullets,with the possibility to built a house and never own it, or move in, because you decide to base jump without a parachute?--w00t.gif

So what happened to the Thai guy who opened fire and accidently shot the british guy, killing him? That was an accident and all faded away.

Perhaps the home made weapon used couldn't hit a barn door at 2 feet so he will be excused as an accident. coffee1.gif Edited by transam
  • Like 1

They run a tattoo shop with a work permit, pay taxes, give some money to homeless bikers, help old people over the street, feed jaba addicted girls with meth and -by accident- shot two Germans in their arms.

Those without mistakes should consider that these two brave Aussies are part of the local society.German newspapers and TV channels make money, it boosts the European economy and they can give more money to Greece.

Let's all pray for them now........coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo.

Regarding the amount owed, am a bit surprised to see the loan amount of 380,000 baht zoom up to one million baht.

Man I need to get into the loan business. And who in their right mind would loan money to ANYONE here without having

seizable assets to protect the loan...

Also nice to see the guy had a real gun, a Ruger. Some of the guns the vicious Thai gang bangers on scooters carry look like they would be scary to shoot. Anyway this is bad debt collection, popping off a few rounds in the general direction of the debtor and hitting bystanders. I have a friend who used to collect bad debts for the Hells Angeles. He said he would meet the guy , and immediately break his arm. As the guy is laying on the ground screaming, my friend informed him that unless the debt was paid he would then come back and REALLY hurt him. He said everyone paid........

If the debt collectors in Phuket adapted the same concept it would cut down on tourists being shot. whistling.gif

Thank god it was a Ruger - there would be one dead Dane if it was a proper gun like a Glock.

Phuket shooting - The tatooed mean looking Aussie in the picture is telling police "Mistakes happen, you lot know that"!! Do we send him to the penal colony called Patong or does he get to rot in a Thai jail ?

if the Aussie has any sense, he would quote the case of the two policemen who when attempting to shoot out the tyres of a hit and run case, got shot by their college. He should be saying, "hey Guys at least I didn't shoot my partner!"cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I personally know 1 of the alleged shooters and I have always known him to be a decent sensible guy. I have no idea what has happened and from the reports I am reading neither do many people including the media and police. I love watching the ensuing speculation, twisted explanations and general tripe start to emerge from forum members that is par for the course when something is posted on here about Phuket. Quality entertainment.clap2.gif

PHUKET

Australian arrested in Patong on attempted murder charge

The Nation

PHUKET: -- Phuket police on Wednesday arrested two Australians on charges of attempted murder after one of them opened fire on a Danish national but the bullets went astray and hit two Germans instead.

The suspects were identified as John Cohen, 32 and Adam Shea, 26, who ran a tattoo parlour in Patong, Kratu district.

The two were arrested after the two Germans, Johann Baschenegger, 42 and Joseph Woerner, 71, alerted Kratu police that a foreigner had opened fires on them as they were walking in front of a hotel in Soi Saensabai, Rat-Uthit road. Both were wounded in the arm.

The hotel's security camera confirmed the claims and the shooter was later identified as Cohen. He was arrested at his shop, about 300 meters from the hotel.

Cohen reportedly confessed that he was the shooter, police said, adding that Shea, Cohen's friend, was also arrested as he was at the scene of attack.

Police said Cohen's target was not the Germans but a Dane, the pillion passenger on a motorcycle driving past the scene. The Dane, whose is name only by the name Dannie, had a legal problem with Cohen over a Bt300,000 motorcycle. Cohen had filed a lawsuit against the Dane and the court had reportedly ruled in favour of Cohen but the Dane refused to pay compensation to Cohen as ordered by the court.

Meanwhile Phuket Gazette quoted Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arun Kleawwatee as saying, "This is not a complicated case at all. The suspects, afraid that they would be attacked by a party that they were in conflict with, decided to strike first."

CCTV footage shows Cohen and Shea walking into many hotels along the street and asking for the receptionist for Dannie, Col Arun explained.

"That's when they spotted Dannie leaving the hotel on a motorbike. Both ran out of the hotel, and one of them opened fire with .38 handgun. However, they missed Dannie and hit two German tourists [in front of the Family Mart]," he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-23

I personally know 1 of the alleged shooters and I have always known him to be a decent sensible guy. I have no idea what has happened and from the reports I am reading neither do many people including the media and police. I love watching the ensuing speculation, twisted explanations and general tripe start to emerge from forum members that is par for the course when something is posted on here about Phuket. Quality entertainment.clap2.gif

Nope. Entertainment is a resident of Phuket blasting away at someone on a main street and hitting tourists who thought Phuket would be a nice place to have a holiday. Any comments by TV posters pale in comparison to that...cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"Meanwhile Phuket Gazette quoted Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arun Kleawwatee as saying, "This is not a complicated case at all. The suspects, afraid that they would be attacked by a party that they were in conflict with, decided to strike first."

Edited by EyesWideOpen

What's that old saying? It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt? He looks like just the kind of guy I would love my daughter to bring home.

Edited by noddy77
  • Like 2

What's that old saying? It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt? He looks like just the kind of guy I would love my daughter to bring home.

touché

I personally know 1 of the alleged shooters........

From the newspaper reports I gather that there's only 1 shooter. Is there more than one shooter? Also the picture shows just one shooter viz a sour looking & heavily tattooed bloke who seems surprised that real life can be different to American gangster movies !!

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo.

Regarding the amount owed, am a bit surprised to see the loan amount of 380,000 baht zoom up to one million baht.

Man I need to get into the loan business. And who in their right mind would loan money to ANYONE here without having

Also nice to see the guy had a real gun, a Ruger. Some of the guns the vicious Thai gang bangers on scooters carry look like they would be scary to shoot. Anyway this is bad debt collection, popping off a few rounds in the general direction of the debtor and hitting bystanders. I have a friend who used to collect bad debts for the Hells Angeles. He said he would meet the guy , and immediately break his arm. As the guy is laying on the ground screaming, my friend informed him that unless the debt was paid he would then come back and REALLY hurt him. He said everyone paid........

If the debt collectors in Phuket adapted the same concept it would cut down on tourists being shot. whistling.gif

Thank god it was a Ruger - there would be one dead Dane if it was a proper gun like a Glock.

Thank God it was an Aussie. Were it an American today Phuket would have a street-full of dead people. Edited by marchawkes
  • Like 2

Even the Thai police man at the back is having a little chuckle to himself, I bet he is thinking is this guy for real he looks so dumb and unintelligent, I hope the two Germans who were accidently shot make a speedy recovery, and will be back next year for their next holiday to the paradise island of Puket possibly with a few more friends this time so they too can share a delightful time in paradise.

Edited by metisdead
: Font size 14.

"This is not a complicated case at all. The suspects, afraid that they would be attacked by a party that they were in conflict with, decided to strike first."

Oh that's ok, self defence then.

"That's when they spotted Dannie leaving the hotel on a motorbike. Both ran out of the hotel, and one of them opened fire with .38 handgun.

oh wait can't be self defence. Strike first at the threat that was leaving?????

From the newspaper reports I gather that there's only 1 shooter. Is there more than one shooter? Also the picture shows just one shooter viz a sour looking & heavily tattooed bloke who seems surprised that real life can be different to American gangster movies !!

No Australian Underbellythumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

footer_n.gif

Thank God it was an Aussie. Were it an American today Phuket would have a street-full of dead people.

cheesy.gif

Your mate still in business? I've a bloke in the UK who's owed me £40k since 2008.

You'll find him in your local bar. He hangs out with the special forces guys

An Australian that cannot shoot straight, That’s embarrassing for me..

Have you ever used a public toilet in Sydney? sad.png

Now THATs funny!cheesy.gif

borrowed 300K but now owes 1M.......whistling.gif

i think I know what kind of "lender" this was!laugh.png

• Like 1

No Australian Underbellythumbsup.gif

sigh.....he'd fit in well with the Saints off-field tongue.png
  • Like 1

A 32 year old and a 26 year old making a living in Phuket from doing tattoos. Mmmmmmmmm, really.

Will you be visiting him in gaol, since he's a "decent and sensible guy?"

• Like 1

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

footer_n.gif

blink.png