Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legitimate bikers

<deleted> is a legitimate biker...

Oh....and great strategy BiB...Let the Bangkok dentists and surgeons riding their Harleys down to Phuket for bike week "keep an eye" on some of the most organised and notoriously violent criminals on the planet.

Morons...

Stayed tuned for the Thai version of Australia's Milperra Massacre coming to Bangla Road shortly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milperra_massacre

Listen closely everyone I will tell you again in simple terms:

Australian bikie gangs are here to manufacture and peddle Ice.

There is a lot more violence on the horizon as rival gangs fight for control of the market.

Edited by Phronesis

I gave up wearing Kratindaeng singlets since the Beer Chang singlets come on the market. So much more classy. rolleyes.gif

Why does everyone keep calling them singlets??? The correct term is wife beater shirt........clap2.gifclap2.gif

It's us "single" guys. rolleyes.gif

The Jackie Howe blue Bonds singlet is the one stereotyped "the Wife Beater". Chang, Red Bull, Singha and any other singlet are awesome and commonly worn by tourists in Phuket purely because its hot and you can go and buy a new one when you have drenched your old one in sweat. They are conveniently located within 5 metres from any bar in OTOP for 150 baht too...biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

the Bogan is remarkably well travelled.

Let's see how many Bogan's are out and about when Australian residential property crashes in value by more than 40 percent.

Nothing curtails travel plans like negative equity on a half million dollar mortgage...

Its one area in which a ridiculously regulated Industry misses the " Super Highes " but avoids Crashes . There is absolutely No Way you will see a 40% fall in Australian residential ..Except maybe in a West Australian Mining Town ..For we simply never reach those Highes . What you Should see ( I wish ) is a deline in development , but prices wont fall ..No bargains here at all , and clearance Rates are still at the Historical " Norm " . I'd love to pick up something Bayside Melbourne , but thats never going to happen .

You wont see the " High " highs ..but you wont see Crashes either ..and you wont see 40 % Highs ...

Its completely irrelevant really ... I doubt this guys owns a house . Property wise , I will always rent in Thailand ..and If I wished to invest it would certainly be in Australian , Melbourne Bayside .

Queensland and Western Australia are far more Volitile ..Higher Highs ..Lower Lows . You will be seeing Aussie Bogans everywhere , but its NOT driven by property , its driven by the strength of the AUD $$$$ .

I gave up wearing Kratindaeng singlets since the Beer Chang singlets come on the market. So much more classy. rolleyes.gif

Why does everyone keep calling them singlets??? The correct term is wife beater shirt........clap2.gifclap2.gif

It's us "single" guys. rolleyes.gif

The Jackie Howe blue Bonds singlet is the one stereotyped "the Wife Beater". Chang, Red Bull, Singha and any other singlet are awesome and commonly worn by tourists in Phuket purely because its hot and you can go and buy a new one when you have drenched your old one in sweat. They are conveniently located within 5 metres from any bar in OTOP for 150 baht too...biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

200 Barht ..For the intoxicated Farang biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hmmmm ..Sure .and the Motorbike cost 1,000,000 Barht ? ... Nice money in Tattoo's ..And walking around with a GUN ??

Well ..that should like a very sensible individual . Life is over in Phuket anyhow .

Assuming the rumours of the motorbike loan are accurate, A motorbike could easily be worth 1 000 000 THB with interest added to the original loan being rumoured. Of all the business ventures available to expats in Phuket, Tattoos are good money. Life isn't over in Phuket. History proves that the island has a way of surviving and moving forward.

Yes Well .............. True easy to Spend a Mill , BUT the original cost was no where near this figure , so you can assume the barht was not Leant for " Free " ..this is why the guy owed a Mill .

Normal and correct standover tactics ?? that we should just accept from an aussie in Phuket ?? One certainly hopes not .

I also like to think the Island has a Great Future , But its future would be far better with the likes of this guy not on the Shores . Certainly it would be a Safer place ..Why would he possibly be carrying a Gun ??

The report I read mentioned that it was a loan that had been dishonoured and with interest was now at the said amount. I don't know if there is normal and correct standover tactics. I don't think standover men have a code of practice. I have no idea why he was carrying a gun.

Well , not that I know ..But if I were giving advice I would say .. 1 . Hire another 2 . Be Discreet 3 . Dont be caught with firearms

Not sure that there is a handbook , but a variation on the above May be a wise move .

Maybe 4 is .... " Dont Spray bullets and shoot an innoccent bystander " ..Letting the story become world News . Not really very well thought out . Im sure he made great money out of Tattoos ..But ..Main Source of Income ?? who knows !

Just another laundry business for the biger gangs !

I am asure Australian police will help as much they can, locked up here for ever, give them no problems down there !!

Correct ..The Feds will simply support whatever penalty is to come his way . Just more work for corrections if he were deported .

They just wont care in the slightest .

legitimate bikers

<deleted> is a legitimate biker...

Oh....and great strategy BiB...Let the Bangkok dentists and surgeons riding their Harleys down to Phuket for bike week "keep an eye" on some of the most organised and notoriously violent criminals on the planet.

Morons...

Stayed tuned for the Thai version of Australia's Milperra Massacre coming to Bangla Road shortly.

http://en.wikipedia....lperra_massacre

Listen closely everyone I will tell you again in simple terms:

Australian bikie gangs are here to manufacture and peddle Ice.

There is a lot more violence on the horizon as rival gangs fight for control of the market.

Ha ha ha ha .... I reckon a Legit Biker , is an Old Bloke with a Harley ..who doesn't do too many drugs these days ..But still enjoys the Tittie Parties !

Who in their right mind would rent a motorcycle from another foreigner? Especially a foreigner that wants to look even more foreign by wearing a Krathing Daeng singlet and a large number of tattoos, who almost certainly can't read what it says on his t-shirt even though he may have been coming to Thailand for years.

When I walk past people like this guy in Thailand, I just smile and know I am so much better than him - I wouldn't even strike up a conversation with a loser like that in a bar. I only talk to educated expats with university degrees who are country managers and the like, certainly not wannabes like this wimp.

I have rented motorbikes from farangs. I have rented motorbikes from people with tattoos. I have given Thai friends Aussie rugby league supporters shirts and I know they don't understand the words on the shirt or the team they are supporting by wearing it. It does not mean they are a lesser class of person than the next. With your attitude I would be surprised if you could strike up a conversation with anyone in a bar. Seeing how your so much better, highly educated and with a degree from an ivy league institution. Actually, It's my opinion that the average Aussie expat would not want you anywhere near them in a bar, or any other place. In any Country.
  • Like 2

Good.

.... and why they can not arrest thai-killers!?

Perhaps you haven't noticed Somrak....but farang's covered in tat's and being kinda tall

compared to the rest of the local population stand out very much like a bumble bee trying

to get out of a bowl of milk.

well , a Thai murderer got bail ....and they refuse to those farang ? strange ...... a murderer is a murderer regardless of his nationality.

They gave bail (and his passport) to the Swedish guy and he did a runner. The bugger stuffed it up for all the farangs murderers.
  • Like 1

well , a Thai murderer got bail ....and they refuse to those farang ? strange ...... a murderer is a murderer regardless of his nationality.

They were farang not police! Why is it so hard to understand, all farang are guilty! ph34r.png

You have to laugh. Own a Ferrari, be drunk and drug 'xxxxxx and run down and kill a cop, and you get bail. Be Australian and shoot a gun (victim not withstanding) and you get refused bail. Of course the extreme is be a politician, get convicted of fraud in the billions and you get bail, only to do a runner and jump bail when allowed to leave to country to see a football match. Some things just confuse me about Thailand... blink.png

Edited by metisdead
:Profanity

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

Adam Lewis and John Cohw are actually Australians John Edward Cohen, 33, and Adam Lewis Shea, 26...

Who in their right mind would rent a motorcycle from another foreigner? Especially a foreigner that wants to look even more foreign by wearing a Krathing Daeng singlet and a large number of tattoos, who almost certainly can't read what it says on his t-shirt even though he may have been coming to Thailand for years.

When I walk past people like this guy in Thailand, I just smile and know I am so much better than him - I wouldn't even strike up a conversation with a loser like that in a bar. I only talk to educated expats with university degrees who are country managers and the like, certainly not wannabes like this wimp.

That's it I am never going to wear my Oxbridge tie and blazer again when I go out and about in Thailand just in case I bump into you as I prefer to talk with people who have something interesting to say.

BTW how do you recognize your fellow intellect's without speaking to them.

• Like 2

You have to laugh. Own a Ferrari, be drunk and drug 'xxxxxx and run down and kill a cop, and you get bail. Be Australian and shoot a gun (victim not withstanding) and you get refused bail. Of course the extreme is be a politician, get convicted of fraud in the billions and you get bail, only to do a runner and jump bail when allowed to leave to country to see a football match. Some things just confuse me about Thailand... blink.png

Why the confusion - it's very simple really. One rule for Thai different rule fot farangs. Easy.

• Like 1

So that's your first question when you meet an expat?

I think you'd find many people wouldn't want to carry on a conversation with you if that's the case.

Would you like to post your credentials so that all in here can evaluate whether it is worth our time starting a conversation with yourself. No Khosan Rd copies allowed.

How do you know the people that you talk to are educated, degree-holding Country Managers before you talk to them? Do you silently indicate to them a request for evidence of their qualifications and their business card, check those out, then maybe introduce yourself and start a conversation?

Or perhaps you only talk to those carrying a placard stating their qualifications and status in society?

If you ever see me anywhere looking as though I need a conversation with a moronic stranger who oozes stupidity, please keep walking.

That's it I am never going to wear my Oxbridge tie and blazer again when I go out and about in Thailand just in case I bump into you as I prefer to talk with people who have something interesting to say.

BTW how do you recognize your fellow intellect's without speaking to them.

They are the ones holding thier little pinkies out whislt sipping thier changs and tisk tisking about the lower classes in the girlie bars. Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Bail is based on lots of things, nit nationality. In the UK and USA some people get bail for a murder charge, while others don't. Depends on the exact circumstances.

the REST OF THE STORY.. well worth a read

http://www.phuketgaz...dsen-20050.html

So Danni rents a motor bike and sells it, which is deemed a civil matter. Fair enough. Normally if you hire something and sell it to another you have assumed the rights of the lawful owner and deprived them of thier property which is THEFT and a criminal matter. Maybe that is why he was on bail.

the REST OF THE STORY.. well worth a read

http://www.phuketgaz...dsen-20050.html

How does renting a bike suddenly become a 1 mill debt? He must have rented it for quite some time. :)

If he sold it for the 300,000 then how to these two morons then decide there is interest on that?

Regardless of how dodgy the Dane is, it doesn't excuse the actions of these two being so reckless as to miss the intended and hit a couple of innocents.