Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I have known him to be a decent sensible guy. That's the truth. I'm sure that people who have committed crimes in the past have been known to be decent sensible people too. One doesn't need a psychology degree to understand that. I don't condone anyone committing violence against anyone other than inside a boxing ring or in self defence. A psychiatrist maybe needed, but not by me.

I don't think decent people shoot others. But that's just me.

If you think decent people shoot others then that is a matter for you.

I could understand if you said he SEEMED a decent person and never thought he would do such a thing.

Seemed / Known him to be. <deleted> is the difference?

Seemed To give the impression of being; appear: The child seems healthy, but the doctor is concerned.

Know to be familiar with or have experience and understanding of

Hmmmm ..Sure .and the Motorbike cost 1,000,000 Barht ? ... Nice money in Tattoo's ..And walking around with a GUN ??

Well ..that should like a very sensible individual . Life is over in Phuket anyhow .

Assuming the rumours of the motorbike loan are accurate, A motorbike could easily be worth 1 000 000 THB with interest added to the original loan being rumoured. Of all the business ventures available to expats in Phuket, Tattoos are good money. Life isn't over in Phuket. History proves that the island has a way of surviving and moving forward.

I personally know 1 of the alleged shooters and I have always known him to be a decent sensible guy.

Are you a member of the same motorcycle club?

I'm not a member of a motorcycle club, Why do you ask?

Because somebody said they were members of the Rebels MC

Would it make a difference if I was a member of an outlaw motorcycle gang?

I said I have known him to be a decent sensible guy. That's the truth. I'm sure that people who have committed crimes in the past have been known to be decent sensible people too. One doesn't need a psychology degree to understand that. I don't condone anyone committing violence against anyone other than inside a boxing ring or in self defence. A psychiatrist maybe needed, but not by me.

I don't think decent people shoot others. But that's just me.

If you think decent people shoot others then that is a matter for you.

I could understand if you said he SEEMED a decent person and never thought he would do such a thing.

Seemed / Known him to be. <deleted> is the difference?

Seemed To give the impression of being; appear: The child seems healthy, but the doctor is concerned.

Know to be familiar with or have experience and understanding of

Dont try to hand out Grammar lessons. Go and study your Tenses before you reply. Read the original post. KNOWN not KNOW.

The grammar police on this thread, are turning this into one of the most childish I have seen In a long time, even by TV standards.

What makes me chuckle is that certain TV posters just misquote a person and then go on with a big spiel of insults.

An inflammatory post and reply have been removed.

Let's drop the grammar police attitude while we're at it. Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However English is not always the first language of our members so don't waste space correcting other members' grammar and spelling where it isn't necessary.

• Like 1

Hmmmm ..Sure .and the Motorbike cost 1,000,000 Barht ? ... Nice money in Tattoo's ..And walking around with a GUN ??

Well ..that should like a very sensible individual . Life is over in Phuket anyhow .

Assuming the rumours of the motorbike loan are accurate, A motorbike could easily be worth 1 000 000 THB with interest added to the original loan being rumoured. Of all the business ventures available to expats in Phuket, Tattoos are good money. Life isn't over in Phuket. History proves that the island has a way of surviving and moving forward.

Yes Well .............. True easy to Spend a Mill , BUT the original cost was no where near this figure , so you can assume the barht was not Leant for " Free " ..this is why the guy owed a Mill .

Normal and correct standover tactics ?? that we should just accept from an aussie in Phuket ?? One certainly hopes not .

I also like to think the Island has a Great Future , But its future would be far better with the likes of this guy not on the Shores . Certainly it would be a Safer place ..Why would he possibly be carrying a Gun ??

Aussies miss target, shoot Phuket tourists

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1358913364_1.jpg

In handcuffs, one of the two Australians is questioned after his arrest.

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Joseph Woerner and Johann Baschegger were hit, one in the arm and the other in the shoulder. They were taken to Patong hospital for treatment.

An hour later police arrested the two Australians, whom they named as Adam Lewis and John Cohw [sic]. The latter owns a tattoo shop in Patong and is accused of firing the gun. A Ruger .45 pistol was seized.

The two told police that the Dane had borrowed B380,000 from them. He had not paid any back and, with interest, he now owed them B1 million.

The Danish debtor has not been found, and is believed to be in hiding.

The two Australians are in custody and undergoing further questioning. Cohw was initially charged with attempted murder and with having a gun in a public place.

Source: http://www.thephuket...rists-36550.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-23

footer_n.gif

A few thoughts. There appears to be a inverse correlation between the number of tattoos and IQ after seeing his photo... [snip]

i don't know about IQ, but a Freddy Krueger and a chucky tattoo? What was he thinking?

talk about a waste of skin.

What i find most interesting is the general lack of indignation on this thread, over this incident, as opposed to the ire apparent on the thread i was just reading where a thai accideintally shot a bystander at the full moon.

I agree. Farang with tattoos have no business committing crimes in Thailand. Even in Phuket with it's large number of westerners, didn't these guys realize it would be dead easy to catch them? And now they want bail? Haha...forget it. The best they can hope for is a short jail sentence and then being deported and blacklisted.

Who in their right mind would rent a motorcycle from another foreigner? Especially a foreigner that wants to look even more foreign by wearing a Krathing Daeng singlet and a large number of tattoos, who almost certainly can't read what it says on his t-shirt even though he may have been coming to Thailand for years.

When I walk past people like this guy in Thailand, I just smile and know I am so much better than him - I wouldn't even strike up a conversation with a loser like that in a bar. I only talk to educated expats with university degrees who are country managers and the like, certainly not wannabes like this wimp.

I only talk to educated expats with university degrees who are country managers and the like, certainly not wannabes like this wimp.

rolleyes.gif Because unless you have a degree you are not worthy ?

Often the uneducated and successful (ie no college or UNI) have had to fight hard to get where they are, and have the most interesting stories.

A thug however is still a thug, yet ironically the top of the pile often has a formal education.

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would rent a motorcycle from another foreigner? Especially a foreigner that wants to look even more foreign by wearing a Krathing Daeng singlet and a large number of tattoos, who almost certainly can't read what it says on his t-shirt even though he may have been coming to Thailand for years.

When I walk past people like this guy in Thailand, I just smile and know I am so much better than him - I wouldn't even strike up a conversation with a loser like that in a bar. I only talk to educated expats with university degrees who are country managers and the like, certainly not wannabes like this wimp.

Actually there are a lot of people without university degrees in this world, not just Aussies who have built and operate large multi million dollar business and corporations. The uneducated school dropouts who probaly wouldn't be seen in a bar in pattaya or the like sharing a beer with you. Then you have some of the well educated university gradutes and former leaders in society breaking rocks in prison. What actually makes you better than the stranger you turn your nose up at, in the street?

Actually there are a lot of people without university degrees in this world, not just Aussies who have built and operate large multi million dollar business and corporations. The uneducated school dropouts who probaly wouldn't be seen in a bar in pattaya or the like sharing a beer with you. Then you have some of the well educated university gradutes and former leaders in society breaking rocks in prison. What actually makes you better than the stranger you turn your nose up at, in the street?

I agree. Here is some food for thought for the tomtomtom69 guy, from wikipedia. Looks like not being in college actually helps you.

Even if you remove the world's second richest man, Bill Gates, who left Harvard University and is now worth $59.0 billion, college dropouts are worth $5.3 billion on average, compared to those who finished only bachelor's degrees, who are worth $2.9 billion. According to a recent report from Cambridge, Mass.-based Forrester Research, 20% of America's millionaires never attended college.[4]

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I gave up wearing Kratindaeng singlets since the Beer Chang singlets come on the market. So much more classy. rolleyes.gif

Why does everyone keep calling them singlets??? The correct term is wife beater shirt........clap2.gifclap2.gif

Aussie but a very special breed of Australian often overlooked in the sexiness stakes – the Bogan.thumbsup.gif

Male bogans also have a distinctive style. They can often be spotted wearing singlets – either of the navy or Bintang variety. Even if he’s never visited Bali, a bogan’s wardrobe is not complete without a Bintang beer singlet.

Bogans have a reputation as being uncultured and uncouth but this is simply untrue. Unlike his American counterpart, the Redneck, or his British equivalent, the Chav, the Bogan is remarkably well travelled. They can be found in the party hostels of South America, on Contiki buses in Europe and pretty much everywhere in Thailand and Bali.

Bogans have been stereotyped as being racist but truth be told, the male bogan loves foreign women. So much so that many hostels in Australia allegedly have a policy of not admitting Australians due to their reputation for hitting on female backpackers.

Bogans also love Asian women (see the entry on Things Bogans Like). This is probably why there’s so many of them in Thailand.

http://www.travelsex...stralian-bogan/

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I gave up wearing Kratindaeng singlets since the Beer Chang singlets come on the market. So much more classy. rolleyes.gif

Why does everyone keep calling them singlets??? The correct term is wife beater shirt........clap2.gifclap2.gif

It's us "single" guys. :rolleyes:

Aussie but a very special breed of Australian often overlooked in the sexiness stakes – the Bogan.thumbsup.gif

Male bogans also have a distinctive style. They can often be spotted wearing singlets – either of the navy or Bintang variety. Even if he’s never visited Bali, a bogan’s wardrobe is not complete without a Bintang beer singlet.

Bogans have a reputation as being uncultured and uncouth but this is simply untrue. Unlike his American counterpart, the Redneck, or his British equivalent, the Chav, the Bogan is remarkably well travelled. They can be found in the party hostels of South America, on Contiki buses in Europe and pretty much everywhere in Thailand and Bali.

Bogans have been stereotyped as being racist but truth be told, the male bogan loves foreign women. So much so that many hostels in Australia allegedly have a policy of not admitting Australians due to their reputation for hitting on female backpackers.

Bogans also love Asian women (see the entry on Things Bogans Like). This is probably why there’s so many of them in Thailand.

http://www.travelsex...stralian-bogan/

Fortunately Phuket and Bali are too hot for Metallica hoodies and ugg boots.

the Bogan is remarkably well travelled.

Let's see how many Bogan's are out and about when Australian residential property crashes in value by more than 40 percent.

Nothing curtails travel plans like negative equity on a half million dollar mortgage...

Where do you get the info about the property market in OZ ?

This is serious question i am not saying you wrong i am interested in finding out

Yes Well .............. True easy to Spend a Mill , BUT the original cost was no where near this figure , so you can assume the barht was not Leant for " Free " ..this is why the guy owed a Mill .

Normal and correct standover tactics ?? that we should just accept from an aussie in Phuket ?? One certainly hopes not .

I also like to think the Island has a Great Future , But its future would be far better with the likes of this guy not on the Shores . Certainly it would be a Safer place ..Why would he possibly be carrying a Gun ??

The report I read mentioned that it was a loan that had been dishonoured and with interest was now at the said amount. I don't know if there is normal and correct standover tactics. I don't think standover men have a code of practice. I have no idea why he was carrying a gun.

UPDATE:

No bail for Phuket shoot-em-up Aussies

Alasdair Forbes

1359082193_1.jpg

In handcuffs, John Cohen is questioned after his arrest. Photo Golf Thairath

PHUKET: -- The two Australians charged with mistakenly shooting two German tourists were yesterday (January 24) refused bail by the Phuket Court and were ordered locked up in Phuket Provincial Prison.

John Edward Cohen, 33, thought to be from Sydney, fired at least two shots in crowded Soi Sansabai in an attempt to hit a Danish man who owed money to the two Australians. He missed and hit the Germans.

He was charged with attempted murder and having a gun in a public place.

The other Australian, Adam Lewis Shea, 26, from Launceston in Tasmania, was charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

Although the violence was, according to the duo, over an unpaid debt, there is rising speculation that both men are members of an Australian outlaw biker gang, possibly the Rebels. The Rebels are Australia’s largest gang, with around 2,000 members.

This possibility was given extra credence yesterday when the Acting Commissioner of New South Wales Police, Nick Kaldas, told press in Sydney that although there had not yet been any contact with Thai police, “We’re obviously happy to help in any way that we can.”

“We don’t have any jurisdiction over there but I would say that any spreading influence of bikie groups, whether it’s interstate or overseas, it’s something we’re concerned about, we’re not happy about it,” he was quoted as saying in the Daily Telegraph.

Police have branded the reports that Cohen is a member of the Rebels as “just a rumour” but sources in Phuket’s legitimate biker community have confirmed that they have seen him on bike rides wearing Rebels “colours” – the leather jacket with Rebels insignia.

One expressed surprise at Cohen’s involvement in the shooting. “He’s a good bloke,” he said. “Never any trouble.”

But he added that Thai police have been aware of the presence in Phuket of members of the Hell’s Angels and Bandidos gangs – two of the most notoriously violent groups – and have asked the legitimate bikers “to keep an eye on them”.

A couple of years ago, he said, there were fears that members of these two gangs would disrupt the annual Bike Week with gang-on-gang violence, but this had been averted by “quiet chats” with members of both gangs.

“They were told, ‘See how many there are of you, and how many there are of us. If you f*** up Bike Week, we’ll f*** you up.’”

Source: http://www.thephuket...ssies-36615.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-25

footer_n.gif