Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

webfact

the REST OF THE STORY.. well worth a read

http://www.phuketgaz...dsen-20050.html

How does renting a bike suddenly become a 1 mill debt? He must have rented it for quite some time. smile.png

If he sold it for the 300,000 then how to these two morons then decide there is interest on that?

Regardless of how dodgy the Dane is, it doesn't excuse the actions of these two being so reckless as to miss the intended and hit a couple of innocents.

Definately no disputing the fact that these aussies are a couple of knuckle draggers but I think there is a whole bigger story that isn't being told. If they are linked to an outlaw m/cycle gang in Australia it would take a brave man or a complete idiot to hire thier bike and sell it. The bike in question doesn't sound like your 50K motorcycle which your average thai rides around.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in their right mind would rent a motorcycle from another foreigner? Especially a foreigner that wants to look even more foreign by wearing a Krathing Daeng singlet and a large number of tattoos, who almost certainly can't read what it says on his t-shirt even though he may have been coming to Thailand for years.

When I walk past people like this guy in Thailand, I just smile and know I am so much better than him - I wouldn't even strike up a conversation with a loser like that in a bar. I only talk to educated expats with university degrees who are country managers and the like, certainly not wannabes like this wimp.

Are you an FBI profiler? Somehow I get the feeling that you would spend a lot of time by yourself in a bar.
  • Like 2

Hi all,

The headline says;

Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists.

In all the different reports it has become clouded over, so i hope someone can tell me factually ;

Are the ozzies charged with attempted murder of the Germans [who were actually shot ] or the Dane who was the target, but not shot?

Thank you.

Hi all,

The headline says;

In all the different reports it has become clouded over, so i hope someone can tell me factually;

Are the ozzies charged with attempted murder of the Germans [who were actually shot ] or the Dane who was the target, but not shot?

Thank you.

The headline is accurate (except it should now be updated to the plural "Australians")

The two Australians have been arrested and charged with attempted murder on the two Germans.

Aussies held over Thai shooting seeking bail

charged with attempted murder and illegal possession of a firearm.

Continued:

http://www.courierma...from=public_rss

news.com.au - Jan. 24, 2013

Edited by Buchholz

Hi all,

The headline says;

In all the different reports it has become clouded over, so i hope someone can tell me factually;

Thank you.

The headline is accurate (except it should now be updated to the plural "Australians")

The two Australians have been arrested and charged with attempted murder on the two Germans.

Aussies held over Thai shooting seeking bail

charged with attempted murder and illegal possession of a firearm.

Continued:

http://www.courierma...from=public_rss

news.com.au - Jan. 24, 2013

Yes ,thanks thats the way i read it , but others are saying the charges are related only to the Dane

who was after all the target,,tho not injured.

Conspiracy to murder etc, because of the financial dealing??

Anyone else see it in any other way?

Thanks

These Aussie guys must not have been in Phuket for very long. The standard way to kill people in Phuket is to kidnap them,

drive them off to a remote location , kill them, stuff them in a plastic bag, and dump the body. This is good for the police,

as it just becomes another unsolved case over some kind of unknown dispute, which quickly fades away.

This wild west style of blasting away and hitting tourists just does not work well, and I am sure the police are REALLY

pissed off........

Phuket Tales of the Unexpected

By Staff Reporter

dennismarkknudsen.jpg

For those who have been following the Phuket tale of the two Australian tattoo artists who shot, and missed, a Danish man (who owed them money), but did hit two passing Germans who ended up in hospital, you cant afford to miss todays episode...

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....n/#entry6053103

From the Pattaya 103 story :

Pattaya police arrested him and he was due to go back to Phuket, under their watchful eye, to face a court hearing.

I love this place !!!!!!!!! Phuket puts out an arrest warrant. By some miracle the Pattaya police actually pick him up and

have him in detention. Then the next story is he is out and about in Phuket. Apparently he paid some money to the police

in Pattaya and skipped town. Reading a lot of different stories, somehow the Thai police have morphed the concept of bail into

a sort of massive shakedown payment.......

I gave up wearing Kratindaeng singlets since the Beer Chang singlets come on the market. So much more classy. rolleyes.gif

Why does everyone keep calling them singlets??? The correct term is wife beater shirt........clap2.gifclap2.gif

It's us "single" guys. rolleyes.gif

The Jackie Howe blue Bonds singlet is the one stereotyped "the Wife Beater". Chang, Red Bull, Singha and any other singlet are awesome and commonly worn by tourists in Phuket purely because its hot and you can go and buy a new one when you have drenched your old one in sweat. They are conveniently located within 5 metres from any bar in OTOP for 150 baht too...biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

<deleted> happened TV? We went from bikers to wife-beaters and then to the Australian property market

These Aussie guys must not have been in Phuket for very long. The standard way to kill people in Phuket is to kidnap them,

drive them off to a remote location , kill them, stuff them in a plastic bag, and dump the body. This is good for the police,

as it just becomes another unsolved case over some kind of unknown dispute, which quickly fades away.

This wild west style of blasting away and hitting tourists just does not work well, and I am sure the police are REALLY

pissed off........

I thought it was to hide them in rubbish bins in your basement?

That picture says Pattaya but that is Phuket. Promthep Cape.

It's just a "copyright" watermark for Pattaya 103.

The photo is victim Johann Baschenegger's Facebook picture:

164392_115466208525270_4276360_n_zpsaf78fdcb.jpg

https://www.facebook...nn.baschenegger

Victim Johann Baschenegger, 42, after the shooting:

556000000939301_zpsff01ff28.jpeg

Victim Joseph Werner, 71, after the shooting:

556000000939302_zps1bc7cb4d.jpeg

Manager News

http://www.manager.c...D=9560000009020

I am sure he appreciated you posting his photos on a public forum.

That picture says Pattaya but that is Phuket. Promthep Cape.

It's just a "copyright" watermark for Pattaya 103.

The photo is victim Johann Baschenegger's Facebook picture:

164392_115466208525270_4276360_n_zpsaf78fdcb.jpg

https://www.facebook...nn.baschenegger

Victim Johann Baschenegger, 42, after the shooting:

556000000939301_zpsff01ff28.jpeg

Victim Joseph Werner, 71, after the shooting:

556000000939302_zps1bc7cb4d.jpeg

Manager News

http://www.manager.c...D=9560000009020

I am sure he appreciated you posting his photos on a public forum.

Tad late to worry about that don't you think....he has had his mug plastered on websites and newspapers from Timbuktu to Taipei

• Like 2

Thank heaven it was not a Thai shooting the tourists....Not sure Phuket can withstand any more bad news......

Missed shots times two ??? Strange........

Not so strange, Australians do not have the same access to guns Americans have; thus must not be as proficient

have not you heard he was an ex SASwink.png

Are you saying the SAS are so poorly trained?

A highly stupid Australian, he looks like a white trash red neck Australian, from convict decendents, that watches AFL, drinks VB and cooks what little brains he has left with ice. he should be locked up for good, he is an embarrassment to Australians.

Jayroo? ought to be yayhoo. You can discern all that from a photo, or is it your crystal ball?

• Like 1

seriously people who are replying to this story, i actually am one who personally knows john edward cohen... just remember everyone is human at the end of the day, and unless you personally know them and their life and what they have been through appart from even being classed a bikey.. seriously keep your comments and crap to yourselves... johnny isnt any of those comments ive flicked through... he is one person iv been lucky to meet in life.. when you need help and your lucky enough to know him... he always has your back... this time he's just unlucky.. yes im not saying its right or wrong.. but seriously think about your comments before going on what the media has put out on them. i actually played the harmonica for his mum when she passed away a few yrs ago... and she was also a very lovely lady...

i guarantee if you people knew john edward cohen like i am lucky enough to know.... i can assure u, you would take alot of these comments back....

and remember theres good and bad in us all.....

its funny that media dont post alot of the good things bikeys have done in the past....

i dont care if this gets back to anyone, because john is a good mate of mine, always will be. i aint changing my thoughts or ways on this stupid hickup in life...

im just asking people dont judge too soon,. thats why we have so much crap and problems in this world...

if john ends up reading this himself... mate i hope for the best... and when you are able to... ill see you around the tracks buddy.. thank u for all what you have helped me with in the past my good friend.

best wishes

aka barnie rumble...

seriously people who are replying to this story, i actually am one who personally knows john edward cohen... just remember everyone is human at the end of the day, and unless you personally know them and their life and what they have been through appart from even being classed a bikey.. seriously keep your comments and crap to yourselves... johnny isnt any of those comments ive flicked through... he is one person iv been lucky to meet in life.. when you need help and your lucky enough to know him... he always has your back... this time he's just unlucky.. yes im not saying its right or wrong.. but seriously think about your comments before going on what the media has put out on them. i actually played the harmonica for his mum when she passed away a few yrs ago... and she was also a very lovely lady...

i guarantee if you people knew john edward cohen like i am lucky enough to know.... i can assure u, you would take alot of these comments back....

its funny that media dont post alot of the good things bikeys have done in the past....

i dont care if this gets back to anyone, because john is a good mate of mine, always will be. i aint changing my thoughts or ways on this stupid hickup in life...

im just asking people dont judge too soon,. thats why we have so much crap and problems in this world...

if john ends up reading this himself... mate i hope for the best... and when you are able to... ill see you around the tracks buddy.. thank u for all what you have helped me with in the past my good friend.

best wishes

aka barnie rumble...

So if the innocent German holiday makers died, your chum would still be a good egg cos he backed you up previously. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

best wishes

aka barnie rumble...

So if the innocent German holiday makers died, your chum would still be a good egg cos he backed you up previously. coffee1.gif

Johns a top bloke! Why are the Germans of any concern?? blink.png

• Like 1

best wishes

aka barnie rumble...

Could have been any nationality. What if it were your lady, still ''Top Bloke'', be honest. sad.png

best wishes

aka barnie rumble...

Could have been any nationality. What if it were your lady, still ''Top Bloke'', be honest. sad.png

As I stated earlier in the thread, I call Johnny my mate too. In all the time I have known him in Phuket he has been nothing but a nice guy and has offered his help and hospitality on numerous occasions to both myself, my Thai partner and many friends of mine from all parts of the world. I really dont expect anyone to have a sympathetic or understanding bone in their body after what has happened, especially on TV. I just wonder how many TV posters would have a different mindset if a personal friend of theirs were in the same situation.

@jinmar, think you miss my point totally. If this pal used a weapon in public, put a hole in your ladies leg, disfigured for life, what would your thoughts be ?

I know and trained with small arms and what they can do. Did you know depending on they round, it can kill someone, pass through their body and kill an innocent bystander. ?