Exporting From Thailand

After reading through the entire thread, "Earning Income Online" I decided it best to not divert the discussion and post a new topic.

I want to export wood products, such as tables, from Thailand to the west -mainly America. I've searched ex-im firms' websites and Thailand's port authority rules. But I wonder if there is a streamline method that is more efficient and a better value shipper to the US. I can pick it up at a westcoast port. A partial container seems the way to go. Any ideas?

Also, do you have any recommendations in the way of e-commerce for funds transfers to Thailand?

I have a niche market pegged and figure on website marketting with very few targetted mailings of catalogs for suppliers.

What are the pitfalls you've learned of? Does Thailand make it difficult to be a foreign national doing ex-im business out of LOS? Is tax owed to the Kingdom on cost value, or retail value?

It's exciting to be starting this process, but I'd like to avoid being just another westerner dropping his piggy bank in the LOS. Any help would be great. All I know about running a business from Thailand is from BSing on holidays there over 12 years or so.

Use a "freight forwarder" company to do all the paperwork. They all work in together in an international network. They can have stuff delivered door to door anywhere in the world and do it cheaper than you can do it yourself.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=fr...le+Search&meta=

After reading through the entire thread, "Earning Income Online" I decided it best to not divert the discussion and post a new topic.

I want to export wood products, such as tables, from Thailand to the west -mainly America. I've searched ex-im firms' websites and Thailand's port authority rules. But I wonder if there is a streamline method that is more efficient and a better value shipper to the US. I can pick it up at a westcoast port. A partial container seems the way to go. Any ideas?

Also, do you have any recommendations in the way of e-commerce for funds transfers to Thailand?

I have a niche market pegged and figure on website marketting with very few targetted mailings of catalogs for suppliers.

What are the pitfalls you've learned of? Does Thailand make it difficult to be a foreign national doing ex-im business out of LOS? Is tax owed to the Kingdom on cost value, or retail value?

It's exciting to be starting this process, but I'd like to avoid being just another westerner dropping his piggy bank in the LOS. Any help would be great. All I know about running a business from Thailand is from BSing on holidays there over 12 years or so.

I think you will find it a lot cheaper to buy wooden furniture in Indonisa than Thailand. I know a guy who imports furniture from Indonisa to Thailand and the local suppliers can't compete with his prices.

If your doing large volume a LOC into your bank will be the answer to collect payment. Good luck in your venture. :o

Letter of Credit seems like good advice -thanks!

Do you folks trust online banking?

If so, do you prefer to use the bank's website, or do you like Intuit's Quicken or Microsoft Money to bank online with?

Letter of Credit seems like good advice -thanks!

Do you folks trust online banking?

If so, do you prefer to use the bank's website, or do you like Intuit's Quicken or Microsoft Money to bank online with?

I have two online bank accounts one in Australia and one in the US and I don't have any problems just make sure you have a good fire wall.

Depending on what country your customers are in and where your bank account is your customers can pay direct into your bank account, that way you will save a lot of money on transaction fees. Also a lot depends on the amount of payment being received. :o

Can you let me know what kind of furniture/tabels? A Swedish friend of mine is doing big quantities of furniture from China to Europe; has his own office/warehouse and staff in Southern China. Very trustworthy and I know him for many years. He tried first in Thailand but moved quickly to China.

Maybe you can work together with him; would safe you a lot of time and hassle.

If you wish, PM me.

LaoPo

For freight forwarders, I recommend Tour Royal Air Cargo and Harpers Air Freight, they also have sea freight departments as well.

For LCs, we use Siam Commercial Bank - Ladprao 111. That's one of their branches that they designate as a international transactions center for business... most of the smaller branches in the area will point you here anyway.

:o

For freight forwarders, I recommend Tour Royal Air Cargo and Harpers Air Freight, they also have sea freight departments as well.

For LCs, we use Siam Commercial Bank - Ladprao 111. That's one of their branches that they designate as a international transactions center for business... most of the smaller branches in the area will point you here anyway.

Do you know if the one in Asok is any good, or of other good branches for that purpose? I had quite a bad experience with a smaller SCB branch and want to move or open another account in a better one.

By the way, I find that there is quite a big difference between the service level of SCB branches and their head office. The latter is quite remarkable.

Edited by ~G~

Do you know if the one in Asok is any good, or of other good branches for that purpose? I had quite a bad experience with a smaller SCB branch and want to move or open another account in a better one.

By the way, I find that there is quite a big difference between the service level of SCB branches and their head office. The latter is quite remarkable.

I've only use the Ladprao 111 branch for LC's, G. As for normal day to day banking, I don't interact with the staff much and stick to ATMs and cash deposit machines, so really couldn't give you any feedback in terms of service level.

:D

We are in the shipping business and can give you advise on your project. And yes...Incoterms are somewhat substantial to understand the process. Again....also here we can give you a 101 if you like. PM me for more details