1,000 Baht A Day...

infinity11

is all it takes to live WELL in Thailand.

Anything more than that is fluff and unnecessary, in my most humble opinion.

Without a family and kids of course.

I am sure opinions will vary and some might even live WELL on less!!!!

Anything more is wasteful and lavish and unecessary IMHO.

BTW most thais live on much much less.

Edited by infinity11
  • Like 1

The crux of the problem resides upon your definition of the phrase "live well" and upon the where in Thailand.

For many 1000 bht is fine for other not nearly enough

I think the op did not post this as a definitive statement but as an opinion to start a conversation on the subject

Edited by sirineou

Why do you all assume a woman contributes no money, transport or housing to the relationship?

Because, as much as people like to pretend its not true... A large percentage of the members here have married or paired up with Bar Girls who will simply refuse to work or put money in....

Those of us with non working girls do enjoy equal contribution.

I spend about 2,000 baht a day after paying the mortgage, school fees, family health insurance and maid. My company pays for the car, fuel and expenses. There is nothing extravagant in that 2,000 baht. Holidays are additional. Even my wife spends more than 1,500 a day. No way can you describe 1,000 baht a day as living well.

No way can you describe 1,000 baht a day as living well.

I concur, however there are some who would call that living the dream.

A scuzzy 20+ sqm condo in On Nut, eating khao man gai three times a day, and knocking back big Changs at the local sorry shop, still have change left from 1,000 baht.

• Like 1

I spend about 2,000 baht a day after paying the mortgage, school fees, family health insurance and maid. My company pays for the car, fuel and expenses. There is nothing extravagant in that 2,000 baht. Holidays are additional. Even my wife spends more than 1,500 a day. No way can you describe 1,000 baht a day as living well.

I'm not having a dig as it your money and you can do what you want with it, but what do you and your wife spend 3,500 a day on? I must profess I can be good at spending money, but as a daily allowance I would struggle to spend that every day.

• Like 2

You should move to Thailand then. It's much cheaper here.

• Like 1

I'm not having a dig as it your money and you can do what you want with it, but what do you and your wife spend 3,500 a day on? I must profess I can be good at spending money, but as a daily allowance I would struggle to spend that every day.

Have you ever had lunch for 4 in an average restaurant, bought a pair of shoes for a 6 year old, an ipad, half a dozen Kilkennys, 3 bottles of wine, a new phone, TV, PC, clothes, glasses....etc.

• Like 1

Are there other countries that accept Thai baht as currency?

Easy to stick to spend around 1000 a day...maybe scenario something like this:

Fri-shop big c weekly supplies 1400

Sat-party time 2000

Sun-keep to party on 2000

Mon-recover from w/e 250

Tues-recover still! 350

Wed-movie/beers at home ect 500

Thurs-meet friends/lunch ect 500

Of course this is for single guy, prepare a lot of nice farang food at home..but still manage to have an OK time

prepare to double or triple if adding GF or bargirl wai2.gif

• Like 1

Have you ever had lunch for 4 in an average restaurant, bought a pair of shoes for a 6 year old, an ipad, half a dozen Kilkennys, 3 bottles of wine, a new phone, TV, PC, clothes, glasses....etc.

Ok, misunderstanding then. I thought the 3,500 daily allowance was just for a daily expenditure. I didn't realise you were including the above.

Are there other countries that accept Thai baht as currency?

Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.