How Thaksin Rules Thailand With Skype And Instant Messenger

george

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why doesn't the government simply seize the money he made by selling Thai assets to Singapore and bar him from public office for 5-years. Barred just has countless political profiteers before him? After all, it is a fact that is he ran for office today, he would be reelected.

Skype and Instant Messenger ! Whom is he trying to reach.....the rice farmers?

By their own admission, he's successfully reaching the government...

cut_zps409a44d6.jpg

Ah yes, yet another snippet from which newspaper??? Your esteemed Nation???? For that matter, there are very few viable media resources remaining on this planet.... Most of the Dems sheeple on these forums can only read (very) selectively. Not sticking up for Thaksin, just making the point that the dems are FAR from being squeaky clean....

rolleyes.gif

the same tired old line with minimal variation...

Not sticking up for Thaksin, but....

Anyway, for the benefit of yourself and any other PTP sheeple posters who also didn't bother to read the OP....

the quote is from the OP, quoting the New York Times.

wink.png

Edited by Buchholz

Well now we know why the PM is away from the office, she doesn't need to be there except for photo ops, she is not the one calling the shots that matter. Until the elected PM can step out from under big brother's shadow and take firm control of the government instead of being a proxy she will lack serious credibility, she may be respected as the elected PM, but not as the one who is in control.

• Like 1

One of my friends has a family rice farm. He has an iphone, We facetalk. The brilliance of this option is that as long as he has a wifi connection we can connect anywhere for free if I am on an Apple device. I get treated to updates such as last week when he called to let me know that some guy who I only met a couple times finally hooked up with the girl in the next village that he's been chasing for years. Without our Apple technology, I'd never have learnt of this very important gossip.

BTW, skype has replaced Hotmail instant messenger and will be the only option available for MS users in March for those users that relied upon the hotmail instant messenger service. Google purchased Motorola phones and is putting all of its messaging and mail services access on the devices. Anyone that has a mobile phone now has access to instant messaging services. It is one of the most low cost and efficient methods of connecting with people.

AIM? Blackberry Messenger? SMS? Camfrog?

SMS chews through your credit rather quickly, unless you have the unlimited plan Blackberrys are rather expensive to run as you have to pay the BB fee + 3G time/data iPhones and Android are cheaper. Bought an iPhone & got a better device & service, plus its ฿70 cheaper a month to run on DTAC.

One of my friends has a family rice farm. He has an iphone, We facetalk. The brilliance of this option is that as long as he has a wifi connection we can connect anywhere for free if I am on an Apple device. I get treated to updates such as last week when he called to let me know that some guy who I only met a couple times finally hooked up with the girl in the next village that he's been chasing for years. Without our Apple technology, I'd never have learnt of this very important gossip.

BTW, skype has replaced Hotmail instant messenger and will be the only option available for MS users in March for those users that relied upon the hotmail instant messenger service. Google purchased Motorola phones and is putting all of its messaging and mail services access on the devices. Anyone that has a mobile phone now has access to instant messaging services. It is one of the most low cost and efficient methods of connecting with people.

facebook video works ok too

Thaksin uses Skype......millions (supposedly) of school kids get tablet pc's... nice touch for the education of the young - to be able to get up to the minute lessons on modern Thai politics in the comfort of their classroom. cheesy.gif Who said thailand was a third world country??

You could but there would be no evidence to support it.The tide had turned against Thaksin and eventually he would have been voted out of office.You can argue against this to the effect that he was about to impose totalitarian controls, but again there is no evidence to support this.The truth is that the coup was an unmitigated disaster for Thailand, the ostensible "cure" that was worse than the disease.The terrible irony is that, even putting aside the criminality of those involved and taking their declared motives at face value, history will demonstrate that their efforts were counter productive.

Actually, given some of the things he had already done, there is evidence of the direction it was going.

Are you going to provide some evidence? Or is it just bluster?

• Like 1

You could but there would be no evidence to support it.The tide had turned against Thaksin and eventually he would have been voted out of office.You can argue against this to the effect that he was about to impose totalitarian controls, but again there is no evidence to support this.The truth is that the coup was an unmitigated disaster for Thailand, the ostensible "cure" that was worse than the disease.The terrible irony is that, even putting aside the criminality of those involved and taking their declared motives at face value, history will demonstrate that their efforts were counter productive.

Actually, given some of the things he had already done, there is evidence of the direction it was going.

How about making friends and relatives ministers, rather than elected MPs. Not setting up independent organisations as prescribed in the 1997 constitution.

How about making friends and relatives ministers, rather than elected MPs. Not setting up independent organisations as prescribed in the 1997 constitution.

Evidence of impending totalitarianism? I don't think so.

If he ruled Thailand he would be back in Thailand.........is there anybody here who cannot follow this simple logic?.........Let us be clear about this Thaksin influences Thai politics from Dubai....nothing more.

Correction "Taksin rules" not Taksin influences

• Like 1

You may find some answers here:

The Eight Cell Phone Exile

How many mobile phones does it take to monitor a country from afar?

If he ruled Thailand he would be back in Thailand.........is there anybody here who cannot follow this simple logic?.........Let us be clear about this Thaksin influences Thai politics from Dubai....nothing more.

Perhaps it is your logic that is in error.

As per the (modified) campaign slogan, "Thaksin thinks, Yingluck acts".

He is not influencing anything, he is telling people what to do from afar. You seriously think that Yingluck is making ANY decisions on her own????

• Like 1

You may find some answers here:

The Eight Cell Phone Exile

How many mobile phones does it take to monitor a country from afar?

One for each of the fingers he has in all the pies . . . cheesy.gif

It sticks in the craw that the coup was an unmitigated disaster, and that at every subsequent opportunity, a Thaksin affiliated government has emerged when the Thai people have visited the ballot box.

Thaksin can Skype all he likes, he's still a better option than the un-electable Democrats or a military dictatorship, which some posters seem to perversely wish were still in control.

The Thai economy is strong, the currency is strong, tourism is strong and many other factors of Thaksinomics are slowly improving the lives of everyday Thais, despite the ludicrous accusations from the increasingly maligned expat forum community.

• Like 1

By their own admission, he's successfully reaching the government...

cut_zps409a44d6.jpg

Ah yes, yet another snippet from which newspaper??? Your esteemed Nation???? For that matter, there are very few viable media resources remaining on this planet.... Most of the Dems sheeple on these forums can only read (very) selectively. Not sticking up for Thaksin, just making the point that the dems are FAR from being squeaky clean....

rolleyes.gif

the same tired old line with minimal variation...

Not sticking up for Thaksin, but....

Anyway, for the benefit of yourself and any other PTP sheeple posters who also didn't bother to read the OP....

the quote is from the OP, quoting the New York Times.

wink.png

And my quote >>> For that matter, there are very few viable media resources remaining on this planet.... Most of the Dems sheeple on these forums can only read (very) selectively.<<<<< The west certainly has it's share of sheeple news casters, writers, and blowhards. (In both our countries Buchholz). In short, most news is lies and propaganda.

So whats his skype tag then? Already tried without success 'manontherun', 'catchmeifyoucan', 'imleavingonajetplane', 'shoveitwherethesundoesntshinethailandiamgoingtoemptyyourtreasury". Maybe i should try something simpler?

God

• Like 1

Yet the article does not tell the world that he is wanted for more criminale cases not brought by the coup makers.. If your gonna write an article atleast tell the whole truth

Technically this is unfortunately true because all the pending charges were investigated by the Assets Examination Committee that derived its power indirectly from the coup. There was only one charge that was not. That was the charge relating to concealment of assets relating to his ownership of SC Assets which was investigated by the DSI. Korn Chatikavanich, as finance minister, tried to push that case along, understanding its key significance. However, Thaksin apparently got it quashed with cooperation from the SEC on the flimsy grounds that other SECs around Asia would not cooperate in verifying the ownership structures that went back to Labuan in Malaysia. We all know that international cooperation depend a lot on how you frame the question and that foreign SECs are the not the only means of obtaining such information. The SEC had also been extremely accommodating over the transactions surrounding the sale of AIS to the Singaporeans and the allegations of Yingluck's inside trading in the stock. An obviously unrelated event was that the former secretary general of the SEC became Yingluck's first finance minister but only lasted a few months before being unceremoniously booted out on his ear to bitter recriminations. I think he might have done things slightly differently at the SEC, if he had his time again. But anyway, those who live by the sword.....

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

It sticks in the craw that the coup was an unmitigated disaster, and that at every subsequent opportunity, a Thaksin affiliated government has emerged when the Thai people have visited the ballot box.

Thaksin can Skype all he likes, he's still a better option than the un-electable Democrats or a military dictatorship, which some posters seem to perversely wish were still in control.

The Thai economy is strong, the currency is strong, tourism is strong and many other factors of Thaksinomics are slowly improving the lives of everyday Thais, despite the ludicrous accusations from the increasingly maligned expat forum community.

Well I hope it remains in your craw because it doesn't bother mine. In fact the coup was needed to remove an individual (no, not a party) who had designs on the type of rule seen in Singapore or Zimbabwe. He never should have been allowed to become PM but his wife & Sanoh made sure of a loaded deck when he lied about his assets. Subsequent events since he was rightly kicked out reveal that he had even more assets abroad than the ones he lied about.

The only sense that he is better than Dems is in corruption. It's the expats who swallow the PTP & red shirt line who need sympathy for aligning themselves with the brainwashed local people.

As for the economy, the view is mixed. The debt is mounting (even excluding over B1tn swept under the carpet), the rice scam is a mess, the 'brilliant' first car subsidy is gridlocking BKK even more, tourism is doing well only if you believe the numbers trotted out without proof. The lives of ordinary Thais would be a dam_n site better off if corruption wasn't such a drawback. Inflation is increasing, hurting the poorest the most - when a government has to 'ask' food producers to hold their prices you always know something is wrong.

I love Thailand & want it to raise it's GDP for all citizens - not just the party & their supporters.

Zimbabwe!!!

I am sure U have been told a million times not to exaggerate!!!

Good for Thai development ! Khun Thaksin is not more criminal than anyone else in Thai political game !!!

But he is criminal. Maybe they should be stopping all the criminals, rather than coming out with "Oh, buy they did it too, so it's OK if Thaksin does it."

Good for Thai development ! Khun Thaksin is not more criminal than anyone else in Thai political game !!!

But he is criminal. Maybe they should be stopping all the criminals, rather than coming out with "Oh, buy they did it too, so it's OK if Thaksin does it."

it makes a mockery of justice..if you do the crime you should do the time.... but seems if you are corrupt enough you do not do the time...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app