True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Wouldn't it make sense to wait a while until the dust settles August is a long way off. For the TRUE corporation we are still a minority of their income and for anyone who has been here a while the goal posts tend to move quite quickly and without notice.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it make sense to wait a while until the dust settles August is a long way off. For the TRUE corporation we are still a minority of their income and for anyone who has been here a while the goal posts tend to move quite quickly and without notice.

That's what I said, a lot of panicking on here when we are still some way from mid-August...it's adverts during the game now...ha ha ha.

That's what I said, a lot of panicking on here when we are still some way from mid-August...it's adverts during the game now...ha ha ha.

I wouldn't exactly call my actions " panicking" but merely voting with my feet. If True do decide to somehow buy some games off CTH, that decision will be purely down to True recognising their lost revenue. And that will be down to the people who have voted with their feet. IMO, it's akin to people moaning about the government in their home country but they never voted in the elections.

But if True do eventually come up with a package that is worthy of my baht, I will have no hesitation to subscribe again.

• Like 1

Saw a shop today on South Pattaya Rd next to animal hospital called IT Care noticed a sign in the window advertising CTH so i stopped the bike and went in and asked about CTH and EPL and the lady said she could fit a dish for me tomorrow but she wasnt getting the boxes till the 20th of June.Its b899 for 170 channels when the footy starts but for now its b399 month.The box is b2500 but with instalation new dish and one months subscription its b3500 .This was on my way home from the Sophon shop where they didnt know anything about EPL or CTH.

Saw a shop today on South Pattaya Rd next to animal hospital called IT Care noticed a sign in the window advertising CTH so i stopped the bike and went in and asked about CTH and EPL and the lady said she could fit a dish for me tomorrow but she wasnt getting the boxes till the 20th of June.Its b899 for 170 channels when the footy starts but for now its b399 month.The box is b2500 but with instalation new dish and one months subscription its b3500 .This was on my way home from the Sophon shop where they didnt know anything about EPL or CTH.

That's good to know. Where exactly on that road was it? Thanks.

Its 68/18 moo 10. telephone 038375115 its opposite LK Grand on right if your going east out of town next door to Pattaya animal hospital.Its got CTH in big coloured letters on the window outside.

Wouldn't it make sense to wait a while until the dust settles August is a long way off. and

If your talking about waiting a while before you get true cut off, then why ? do you think true is worth 1,700 baht without football ? and if the worst comes to the worst you can always get it put back on.

For the TRUE corporation we are still a minority of their income

Fact, so whats your point 40.gif

for anyone who has been here a while the goal posts tend to move quite quickly and without notice.

So what are you saying ? 40.gif

No chance of TRUE being allowed to buy any games from CTH. Why would CTH buy transponder space on Vinasat 2 and then let TRUE have it!!!??? Make no sense whatsoever! TRUE/GMM/RS would have been backup had they found no transponder space available IMO, as they probably knew all along that their current cable network wouldn't cover the whole country.

Although they have fox sport channels, the 5 EPL channels will show nothing else but football. They have no rights to any other sporting events as yet. So I fully expect John Dykes and co. to return, along with the rather witty AC Jimbo!

Wouldn't it make sense to wait a while until the dust settles August is a long way off. and

If your talking about waiting a while before you get true cut off, then why ? do you think true is worth 1,700 baht without football ? and if the worst comes to the worst you can always get it put back on.

>>For the TRUE corporation we are still a minority of their income

for anyone who has been here a while the goal posts tend to move quite quickly and without notice.

Someones very punchy!

Edited by hotandhumid

>For the TRUE corporation we are still a minority of their income

The reason I haven't cut true of yet is becoz if I did I would be no left with no tv at all...it's hardly worth getting in something else just for 1 month is it...

I'll probably keep True because of Setanta but will change the package to entertainment or get Setanta over the internet . As for the usurpers I'm curious to find out if they are going to keep all the build up and review shows with John Dyke and co. Apart from Dong Hutchison and a couple of other hopeless cases, I probably enjoyed these chatshows more than most of the games. so I'm going to wait and see what the new boys have got.. I'm also concerned about advertising during the games. If they suddenly cut away to advertise KFC, Red Bull etc then I'll just drop it and concentrate on other stuff.

Don "I said this three weeks ago and it happened,but I don't wanna brag about it"Hutchinson,John Dykes who says "in terms of " more times in a sentence than anybody else on the planet, although Dean Sturridge runs him desperately close, Alan Curbishley who endlessly goes on about some club,any club "needing a marquee signing" and Ian Dowie who's mouth clicks into gear about a minute before his brain does and who finds everything "bizarre". These characters are all on the official Premier League Show which is meant for airing in Asia and Africa hence the mind numbingly awful Fanzone show directly afterwards. Unless the Premier League decide on a change of personnel.you'll have the privilege of their company next season,with CTH.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322131341250322&set=a.236765056453618.59498.231306366999487&type=1&theater

Read this link on facebook, seems if you pay for 10 months you get 2 months free bringing it down to 749 bt a month, if you pay for 18 months you get 6 months free bringing the price down to 674 bt a month, and pay for 24 months get 12 months free and bring price down to 599 bt a month.

This sounds good to me.

This for the CTH packages.

Edited by nev
  • Like 1

I'll probably keep True because of Setanta but will change the package to entertainment or get Setanta over the internet . As for the usurpers I'm curious to find out if they are going to keep all the build up and review shows with John Dyke and co. Apart from Dong Hutchison and a couple of other hopeless cases, I probably enjoyed these chatshows more than most of the games. so I'm going to wait and see what the new boys have got.. I'm also concerned about advertising during the games. If they suddenly cut away to advertise KFC, Red Bull etc then I'll just drop it and concentrate on other stuff.

Don "I said this three weeks ago and it happened,but I don't wanna brag about it"Hutchinson,John Dykes who says "in terms of " more times in a sentence than anybody else on the planet, although Dean Sturridge runs him desperately close, Alan Curbishley who endlessly goes on about some club,any club "needing a marquee signing" and Ian Dowie who's mouth clicks into gear about a minute before his brain does and who finds everything "bizarre". These characters are all on the official Premier League Show which is meant for airing in Asia and Africa hence the mind numbingly awful Fanzone show directly afterwards. Unless the Premier League decide on a change of personnel.you'll have the privilege of their company next season,with CTH.

Ha ha ha. That is probably the best thing I have read on these forums. Alan 'marquee signing' Borishley, the man with the personality of a wet lettuce, little wonder he has been out of work since he sued West Ham. And just when you think things can't get any worse Michael Owen, Mr excitement personified is being reeled in too.

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Dyksey as he was around in the old days of ESPN and he is good at his job I feel, but the man has got less bite than a toothless hamster. He needs to grow a pair.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322131341250322&set=a.236765056453618.59498.231306366999487&type=1&theater

Read this link on facebook, seems if you pay for 10 months you get 2 months free bringing it down to 749 bt a month, if you pay for 18 months you get 6 months free bringing the price down to 674 bt a month, and pay for 24 months get 12 months free and bring price down to 599 bt a month.

This sounds good to me.

Sounds good. So if you took the 24 month deal you have to pay out Bt14,376.00? A few quid to lay out in one go still.

The reason I haven't cut true of yet is becoz if I did I would be no left with no tv at all...it's hardly worth getting in something else just for 1 month is it...

If you want to pay x amount for a load of crap then thats your perogative, i'll just stick to watching english tv or downloading stuff !

If you want to pay x amount for a load of crap then thats your perogative, i'll just stick to watching english tv or downloading stuff !

I've had true for 7 years, so I think I'll be fine for 1 more lousy month...

This sounds good to me.

Sounds good. So if you took the 24 month deal you have to pay out Bt14,376.00? A few quid to lay out in one go still.

Would you really buy 2 years worth of any cable company's package right now?!?

This sounds good to me.

No.

I see they also have star sports although there doesn't seem to be much on there these days.

Gonna be good to have SKY news. Some real news at long last without having to hear about the middle east and china all day.

We used to have Star Sports here in Saudi and it was ok but last year we changed to Abu Dhabu Sports. Much better.

We also get Skynews and it's not brilliant as it seems to be just on a ever repeating reel but it's better than the BBC

I see they also have star sports although there doesn't seem to be much on there these days.

Gonna be good to have SKY news. Some real news at long last without having to hear about the middle east and china all day.

We used to have Star Sports here in Saudi and it was ok but last year we changed to Abu Dhabu Sports. Much better.

We also get Skynews and it's not brilliant as it seems to be just on a ever repeating reel but it's better than the BBC

Sure, but hearing about the Dartford rapist' latest conquest and who is shagging who in the Torie party is still more interesting than Syria, and we can snigger at the weather in the UK.

This sounds good to me.

If they have the rights to the premier league for 2 years why not, it saves the hassle of paying the bill each month and saves you money, and there is no saying that they might increase the cost the 2nd year.

Read this link on facebook, seems if you pay for 10 months you get 2 months free  bringing it down to 749 bt a month, if you pay for 18 months you get 6 months free bringing the price down to 674 bt a month, and pay for 24 months get 12 months free and bring price down to 599 bt a month.

This sounds good to me.

If they have the rights to the premier league for 2 years why not, it saves the hassle of paying the bill each month and saves you money, and there is no saying that they might increase the cost the 2nd year.
Granted but packages can change w/out warning and I have a complete lack of trust in their agenda.

They can, if they choose to, move all sports coverage to an add on or premium or even HD+ package leaving you with 2 years worth of soaps and reality tv!

Just sayin'

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

The rights are for 3 years. I'm a fairly liberal bloke but I must admit I wouldn;t fancy handing over 14k...I will probably take up the 10 month 2 free deal though. As Nev says, it's also 1 less bill a month to think about each month.

• Like 1

~14000b? I thought prize is 899b/month but if you pay 2 year advance, you get 1 year free. 24*899b=21576b. And if you put this on 3 year it is 599b/month. Or am I wrong?

Yes my mistake, you are correct. I can't see many people handing over 21k

As I said previously, paying 10 mts to get 2 free is probably what I'll go for.

Edited by hotandhumid
  • Like 1

I must admit that once the EPL season finished and the realisation that it wasn't coming back to True, that 1,700 baht + subscription suddenly looked a real waste of money! No point in us keeping it for Thai programs either as neither of us watch them, Movies are really dire and as for the other programs it really is a load of expensive crap. Now I'm back into British TV, I feel I'm able to watch quality that I choose not the endless second rate stuff True churn out ad nauseam. Hopefully we will get EPL somehow.....combine this with British TV and you have the perfect package.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm hearing figures of 599bht proposed for EPL. At first I thought this could be a package of less games. But as a previous poster just said it could be a deal for paying 3 years in advance. I'd have no problem with that, as they've got the rights for 3 years! Better go raid the piggy bank!