True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

What's the story on CTH showing games from yesterday today ? Any news about that ?

They re run the Norwich v Everton game this morning,that was all I watched and there was a 30 minute highlights programme which someone described earlier as amateur.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bar I was watching in, I noticed sometimes it tended to suddenly go in slow motion and then freeze for half a second before going back to normal again every few minutes. Spotted it again today during the Spurs game.

I don't know if it was just his box or a general glitch their end? I did spot the same thing happening on the other screen which was hooked up to a seperate CTH decoder.

the bar I was watching in, I noticed sometimes it tended to suddenly go in slow motion and then freeze for half a second before going back to normal again every few minutes. Spotted it again today during the Spurs game.

I don't know if it was just his box or a general glitch their end? I did spot the same thing happening on the other screen which was hooked up to a seperate CTH decoder.

I've had that. It's not a big deal but never happened with true.

Very happy with CTH, when i heard true had lost the rights i was worried i would not be getting all the games and coverage, well not only have CTH come good they are giving more for less including many HD channels which true try to rip everyone off by charging extra for, whats not to like, two thumbs up from me, yes there will be teething problems but i am sure they will correct any problems along the way.

• Like 2

brewsterbudgen

I had a few problems with 365 yesterday so contacted the support and they gave me a new link to download updated software. This seems to have fixed the problems as everything is now working fine.

By the way I noticed that they have not listed the Hull vs Chelsea game for tonight, does anyone have any info on this?

Chelsea v Hull was live on You tube no English commentary though. Before that Palace v Spurs.

brewsterbudgen

I had a few problems with 365 yesterday so contacted the support and they gave me a new link to download updated software. This seems to have fixed the problems as everything is now working fine.

By the way I noticed that they have not listed the Hull vs Chelsea game for tonight, does anyone have any info on this?

365.com was great yesterday for the Palace/Spurs game - very happy. Unfortunately they didn't show the Chelsea game so I had to watch it on an unreliable stream via wiziwig.com

Life without football on True or CTH seems like it will be survivable!

brewsterbudgen

365.com was great yesterday for the Palace/Spurs game - very happy. Unfortunately they didn't show the Chelsea game so I had to watch it on an unreliable stream via wiziwig.com

Life without football on True or CTH seems like it will be survivable!

I am struggling a bit with 365. The buffer is usually only about 30 seconds and i keep losing the feed. I have a fast Internet connection so don't understand this situation. Anyone else having similar problems?

Wiziwig works perfectly for any match for me. Just use a sopcast link 5 mins before kick off. Easy and often sky sports source

Still, at least true have champs league games I guess. Always at god awful times over in thailand though

Edited by ava15

I think the other feedback I would say is the CTH STADIUM logo could do with being a bit smaller in the top right of the screen.

Couldn't they all be a bit smaller. As if we don't know what we're watching ! Give it ten years and we'll be lucky to see the pitch at all !bah.gif

• Like 2

I like ch136 which tells you when the next live match is on ( if you can read Thai).

I tend to leave the La Liga Channel on Sunbox on during the day. Shows repeats of all the previous days games. No rock climbing, rally car racing and snowboarding that you get on,CTH, just pure football.

I think the other feedback I would say is the CTH STADIUM logo could do with being a bit smaller in the top right of the screen.

Couldn't they all be a bit smaller. As if we don't know what we're watching ! Give it ten years and we'll be lucky to see the pitch at all !bah.gif

In Rugby League and Rugby Union they have advertisers logos painted on the pitch and the images are huge.When the ball actually bounces on the painted surface or when players are on its quite hard to distinguish what going on. Its incredible distracting. Pinched from American Football of course lets hope we never see it it in our game.

Mods ....any merit in making CTH programming a pinned topic so we dont have to search all over the forum. I'm sure until CTH gets settled down it would be a practical and worthwhile solution which everyone could have some imput into.

I'm going to have to join the CTH fanboys. The cable company finally got me the signal (actually only took a few days) and the Stadium channels are great. Norwich v Everton has just finished on Stadium 2 and WBA v Southampton is currently showing on Stadium 4. Can't believe this horrible dual commentary though (English and Thai at the same time).

For those talking about 365 or whatever, that appears to be an illegal service so should you really be talking about it here?

• Like 1

I'm going to have to join the CTH fanboys. The cable company finally got me the signal (actually only took a few days) and the Stadium channels are great. Norwich v Everton has just finished on Stadium 2 and WBA v Southampton is currently showing on Stadium 4. Can't believe this horrible dual commentary though (English and Thai at the same time).

For those talking about 365 or whatever, that appears to be an illegal service so should you really be talking about it here?

Nice one edward, glad you got it sorted. Not sure that 365 is illegal though seems like the same guys that do Expat TV?

I'm going to have to join the CTH fanboys. The cable company finally got me the signal (actually only took a few days) and the Stadium channels are great. Norwich v Everton has just finished on Stadium 2 and  WBA v Southampton is currently showing on Stadium 4. Can't believe this horrible dual commentary though (English and Thai at the same time).

Glad you got it sorted. The first week or two was always going to be a bit problematic

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Rugby League and Rugby Union they have advertisers logos painted on the pitch and the images are huge.When the ball actually bounces on the painted surface or when players are on its quite hard to distinguish what going on. Its incredible distracting. Pinched from American Football of course lets hope we never see it it in our game.

You bet Sparkles. I'm not a rugby fan, but I was watching some in a bar in BKK and noticed that. Horrendous ! And yes, some of that in the states as well, but I don't think quite as intrusive. Then again I haven't watched much NFL in years, so I don't know. At any rate, the insidious advertising during live sports broadcasts is one fuc_king noxious phenomenon !! Somebody should hang !

CTH's entry to the field has complicated a few things and add the Bangkok Post to the list. They've always done a pretty good job with their list of TV sports in each day's edition, but now that CTH is in they haven't yet adapted. I noticed some events missing lately and today's edition doesn't have the City/Newcastle game. Ordinarily that would be listed even though technically on Tuesday.

Truly shocking content on stadium channels tonight! Highlights tells of games matches from last season!!! Red bull shows in Thai only and a Thai presented highlights package on st 2&3!!! Why no PLTV coverage!? CTH really do need to do better and realise the coverage is not just about 90 minutes! Not seen a single player or manager interview on any if their channels! Very surprised by lack of reruns too at peak time! Yesterday Norwich vs Everton was being replayed on2 channels with a ten minute gap! Amateur at best!

Truly shocking content on stadium channels tonight! Highlights tells of games matches from last season!!! Red bull shows in Thai only and a Thai presented highlights package on st 2&3!!! Why no PLTV coverage!? CTH really do need to do better and realise the coverage is not just about 90 minutes! Not seen a single player or manager interview on any if their channels! Very surprised by lack of reruns too at peak time! Yesterday Norwich vs Everton was being replayed on2 channels with a ten minute gap! Amateur at best!

At first glance it looks like CTH will do a decent job showing the games live with English as an option. Beyond that, it looks like they are going to cater to the local Thai fans. I expect they'll have special nights where ladyboys discuss the finer points of the off sides rule.tongue.png

Thai's are not the same as us, when the game as finished they cannot gamble anymore, so it is wait for the next game by filling in with mind numbing thai banter between a bunch of thai presenters.

Yes it's been very disappointing so far it really has to get better than this,maybe CTH should have kept their bid down a bit in order to facilitate quality programming regarding their EPL coverage as opposed to just winning the broadcasting rights without giving the schedule a second thought.

Lets be honest paying customers want to be able to put on any channel anytime from the so called dedicated EPL channels and see just that,there have been enough games thus far to ensure this should be the case.

• Like 1

Nice one edward, glad you got it sorted. Not sure that 365 is illegal though seems like the same guys that do Expat TV?

I think they would need a licence to broadcast PL games. It can't be long before the PL lawyers are looking to take them down.

• Like 1

I think they would need a licence to broadcast PL games. It can't be long before the PL lawyers are looking to take them down.

Out of interest, how is it you know they don't have one?

I thought you said the end of September bb ?

Out of interest, how is it you know they don't have one?

The cost would be far too high for a small anonymous start-up company.