True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Andy Townsend 'if Liverpool don't win the league now all their efforts will count for nothing'

It's frightening, truly frightening...

Oh well, at least CURBS is back cheesy.gif

This Premier League show seems to attract the dregs of the footballing world. Ex players like Townsend,Curbishly and Hutchinson are rolled out on to the studio couch to be spoon fed ridiculously easy questions by Uncle John Dykes. "Tell me Curbs,(because the television audience is hanging on every syllable you utter),can Liverpool win the League?" Curbs ponders for a few seconds and then delivers his earth shattering answer "Yes,they can". You will notice that they NEVER give a direct answer in case they mess up. For him to say "yes they will" or "no they won't" will feel like he's cut his right arm off.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DELBOY

Have you paid any bills yet?

I still haven't been billed.

Strange you should ask today. I received my first CTH bill yesterday (Wednesday). It covers the period 1st March - 31st March and it's for 961.93 baht.

There is no previous outstanding balance mentioned, despite the fact that I have paid nothing since the system was installed last July.

I paid it today (Thursday), and expect regular bills from now on. At least the possibility of being cut-off should have been avoided.

I'd say that's the perfect scenario, Derek.

I wish they would bill me, I don't want or expect the service for nothing, plus as you say I don't want to be cut off. I did call them up but it was a waste of time, they had no records of me.

Andy Townsend 'if Liverpool don't win the league now all their efforts will count for nothing'

This Premier League show seems to attract the dregs of the footballing world. Ex players like Townsend,Curbishly and Hutchinson are rolled out on to the studio couch to be spoon fed ridiculously easy questions by Uncle John Dykes. "Tell me Curbs,(because the television audience is hanging on every syllable you utter),can Liverpool win the League?" Curbs ponders for a few seconds and then delivers his earth shattering answer "Yes,they can". You will notice that they NEVER give a direct answer in case they mess up. For him to say "yes they will" or "no they won't" will feel like he's cut his right arm off.

It's truly awful. You could put any football fan in those chairs who knows their stuff and they would be just as capable, if not more so, than these dimwits. I rarely listen to them now and do something else instead. I do actually like old Dyksie to be fair, he gives you this nice warm feel type of broadcast (if that makes any sense) but he is totally toothless, it's like an old boys club on there.

Gary Neville, by all accounts, has taken punditry onto a new level now and it just shows this crowd up for what they are, just sitting there and stating the obvious, they get paid good money too. I've noticed though, Michael Owen knows his stuff, if you can manage to see past his dull persona he is a good pundit and gives a good analysis, he seems to understand the game.

It's truly awful. You could put any football fan in those chairs who knows their stuff and they would be just as capable, if not more so, than these dimwits. I rarely listen to them now and do something else instead. I do actually like old Dyksie to be fair, he gives you this nice warm feel type of broadcast (if that makes any sense) but he is totally toothless, it's like an old boys club on there.

Gary Neville, by all accounts, has taken punditry onto a new level now and it just shows this crowd up for what they are, just sitting there and stating the obvious, they get paid good money too. I've noticed though, Michael Owen knows his stuff, if you can manage to see past his dull persona he is a good pundit and gives a good analysis, he seems to understand the game.

We are in agreement with Neville and Owen,especially Michael who likes a bet and therefore has an opinion. A big plus in my book. I don't know if you've seen the Wednesday night programme,but they have two football journalists on for the first hour. Their knowledge and intelligence is light years ahead of the usual dross and Dykes seems to come out of his Mother Hen style of interviewing with the pea brains and is in his element.

We are in agreement with Neville and Owen,especially Michael who likes a bet and therefore has an opinion. A big plus in my book. I don't know if you've seen the Wednesday night programme,but they have two football journalists on for the first hour. Their knowledge and intelligence is light years ahead of the usual dross and Dykes seems to come out of his Mother Hen style of interviewing with the pea brains and is in his element.

Ageed, although I have always found that to be the case.

I deplore James Richardson, how on earth did he make it doing this? Utterly clueless.

Then you have old Leroy...shocking really.

Seems they have done yet another re jig of channels I now have the football stadium channels on 52-61.Sky news 188,ABC Oz chanel 187 etc.

But that was at 10 am this Saturday morning could all change by tonight.

James Richardson is quality... If you haven't listened to it yet I strongly advise football weekly guardian newspaper podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

He certainly is,Blue. I haven't seen the Guardian podcast thingy yet but his anchor man role to the couch 'experts' is outstanding. You can detect,in his mischeavious demeanour, a complete lack of respect for them.

Curbishley and Townsend = Two complete clowns.

Circus material,Pat. I had a laugh during the West Ham v Liverpool game. The commentator,who's normally a sensible bloke,started trying to explain the attributes of Andy Carroll...."He's a big unit, muscular with a very tall base!" These people don't know when to stop.

• Like 1

Curbishley and Townsend = Two complete clowns.

Circus material,Pat. I had a laugh during the West Ham v Liverpool game. The commentator,who's normally a sensible bloke,started trying to explain the attributes of Andy Carroll...."He's a big unit, muscular with a very tall base!" These people don't know when to stop.

Did you see the look on Uncle John's face when discussng Liverpool's second penalty with these 2 imbicles? He looked completely bewildered, he asked Curbishley twice if he thought it was a pen and both times Curbs said that the pass was great to get into that position? What's that got to do with it?? LOL. Then Townsend actually asked Dykes if he thought it was a pen, well if looks could kill, the golden rule is you never ask the presenter for an opinion, everyone knows that...then when Townsend put Curbishley on the spot he said he thought it was a pen, when asked why by Townsend Curbs said because 'there was a coming together' hahahahahaha...Then, Townsend suggested that the referee may have come out for the second half with the intention of 'levelling things out' which was greeted by sighs and looks of bewilderment by Curbishley and Dykes, he was basically acusing the referee of being a cheat. Seriously, this really is the Ryman's league of punditry. Absolutely embarrassing. Dykes looked like he just wanted to get out of there.

The tragic thing is these clowns get paid good money...

• Like 2

James Richardson is quality... If you haven't listened to it yet I strongly advise football weekly guardian newspaper podcast.

He certainly is,Blue. I haven't seen the Guardian podcast thingy yet but his anchor man role to the couch 'experts' is outstanding. You can detect,in his mischeavious demeanour, a complete lack of respect for them.

Yep, definitely agree with you both about James Richardson. But why does he only present the Tuesday Football Today, whereas that buffoon Mark Pougach is permitted to front 2 editions each week (Monday & Thursday)? Pougach's irritatingly persistent loud laugh at his own jokes (which only he seems to find amusing) really grates on my nerves - and don't get me started on his patronising interviewing style!

Edited by OJAS

Yep, definitely agree with you both about James Richardson. But why does he only present the Tuesday Football Today, whereas that buffoon Mark Pougach is permitted to front 2 editions each week (Monday & Thursday)? Pougach's irritatingly persistent loud laugh at his own jokes (which only he seems to find amusing) really grates on my nerves - and don't get me started on his patronising interviewing style!

To call this plank 3rd rate would be a huge understatement. He is utterly cringeworthy, and as you say he roars with laughter like a schoolboy on speed at something that isn't even funny, how these people get these jobs is simply beyond me. Just awful.

As for the haircut...

• Like 1

To call this plank 3rd rate would be a huge understatement. He is utterly cringeworthy, and as you say he roars with laughter like a schoolboy on speed at something that isn't even funny, how these people get these jobs is simply beyond me. Just awful.

As for the haircut...

He's the worse kind of interviewer as he never puts the neanderthals under any pressure. It's like a lads night out in the pub with him. And he's the past master of stretching a sentence out to use.....up...... time...as.....I've.......nothing.......more......to............saaay.

• Like 1

And we mustn't forget poor old Ian Dowie with the appearance of a cave man and a vocabulary to match as he steadfastly refuses to include the final letter of any word he utters. Bizarre! I fear for him I do,I really do.

And we mustn't forget poor old Ian Dowie with the appearance of a cave man and a vocabulary to match as he steadfastly refuses to include the final letter of any word he utters. Bizarre! I fear for him I do,I really do.

Dowie is a actually a very intelligent bloke.

Btw git, you was right about the journos on a wednesday, absolutely light years ahead of the usual berks.

Btw git, you was right about the journos on a wednesday, absolutely light years ahead of the usual berks.

I did hear that he obtained an engineering diploma at college. He's OK,Pat, but the the problem is,you need an interpreter when he starts rabbiting on. The worst 'talking fish' is Don Hutchinson. He talks a lot but doesn't say anything. Then, AFTER the event,he tells us all that he knew it would happen and proceeds to tell us what we already know. 'We used to call them 'after timers' in my days when I was a dog racing gambler.

I did hear that he obtained an engineering diploma at college. He's OK,Pat, but the the problem is,you need an interpreter when he starts rabbiting on. The worst 'talking fish' is Don Hutchinson. He talks a lot but doesn't say anything. Then, AFTER the event,he tells us all that he knew it would happen and proceeds to tell us what we already know. 'We used to call them 'after timers' in my days when I was a dog racing gambler.

Same for me with Peter Reid as regards needing an interpreter when he starts rabbiting on.

Same for me with Peter Reid as regards needing an interpreter when he starts rabbiting on.

You're not a scouser then,mate!

Nope - but I don't need an interpreter for the likes of Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney or Kevin Nolan, though!smile.png

Hutchison is absolutely shocking.

As I said before you could drag any knowlegebale football fan off the street put them on that sofa and there wouldn't be a jot of difference, in fact i'd predict it would be an improvement.

Do you remember Liverpool's second pen against West Ham when the lino didn't want to award the goal and flagged for a foul (which it was by the way and I'm a west ham fan) this is what the idiot said 'the linesman should have dug his heels in and stayed strong, he knew it wasn't a goal he needed to stand his ground with the referee' a bewildered looking Dion Dublin then had to politely inform him that the referee has the final say on whether the goal is allowed or not.

It's simply staggering how these blokes are allowed anywhere near a camera. Someone like Hutchison should be driving a lorry for a living now.

Hutchison is absolutely shocking.

As I said before you could drag any knowlegebale football fan off the street put them on that sofa and there wouldn't be a jot of difference, in fact i'd predict it would be an improvement.

Do you remember Liverpool's second pen against West Ham when the lino didn't want to award the goal and flagged for a foul (which it was by the way and I'm a west ham fan) this is what the idiot said 'the linesman should have dug his heels in and stayed strong, he knew it wasn't a goal he needed to stand his ground with the referee' a bewildered looking Dion Dublin then had to politely inform him that the referee has the final say on whether the goal is allowed or not.

It's simply staggering how these blokes are allowed anywhere near a camera. Someone like Hutchison should be driving a lorry for a living now.

And when they make a rick,there's usually a matey guffaw between all the dumbos to hide it. What about Dean "in terms of..." Sturridge? Another motormouth who reminds me of that owl in Jason and the Argonauts.

All I can say about the majority of these rubbish 'expert' commentators is that there must be some foppish TV executors who are getting serious service out of these employment contracts. Guess we will find out in 20 years time when we get the next wave of witch hunts.

Nope - but I don't need an interpreter for the likes of Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney or Kevin Nolan, though!smile.png

What about Jamie Carragher? He's from another planet.

At least that unintelligible clown Peter Reid has now been given the boot by PLTV, it would appear. We haven't had to suffer him for several weeks.

He'll be back, he's just having a week of golf with Gray and Keys in Qatar.

Sounds like a lot of people would be better off is we didn't have PLTV and they could listen to the 3 stooges.

How soon we forget.

Well 2 wrongs don't make a right, does it?

Or are we now all meant to hail Alan 'it's a must win game' Curbishley as a football geniuscheesy.gif

Edited by Pattaya Pat