I-Mobile Iq6 Evaluation After 2 Days Of Use.

oz457

Had a drink with next season's sponsor for wolves in roadhouse on Saturday....

Where did you pick up the waterproof case - thanks in advance

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It might be a stupid question, but would like to know how to open the battery cover. I-mobile website not helpful as only in Thai

Thank you

Looking at the phone from the back, the bottom left corner has a slot in the side, just insert your fingernail into the slot and pry off the back cover.

I purchase my IQ6 about a month ago and have to say so far on the whole I am very pleased with my purchase.

Having used the Galaxy Tab 7.7 for the last 14 months as my main mobile phone I decided that I wanted a pocketable android phone with similar spec and performance to the Tab 7.7 which even now is still a good mid-range performer. What I did not want to do was spend anywhere near the 20,000 baht that was required for the Samsung so after buying my daughter the cheaper IQ5 I was so impressed that I thought I'd give the IQ6 a try. The Tab 7.7 with it's slim, lightweight design, gorgeous SuperAMOLD screen and it's amazing battery life meant that the IQ6 had a very tough act to follow and I'm please to report that it acquitted itself very well with a few minor annoyances.

Pros:

• Price - 8,490 baht and free 500 baht voucher to spend in Tescos
  • IPS Screen - Really impressive clear hi-res screen, good in bright sunlight, Dragrontrail toughened glass screen - comes with factory fitted screen protector and a spare in the box.
  • Slim Design, nice build quality, feels solid
  • Processor (CPU) - Not the newest iteration but rarely lags and it's fast enough for all but the most fussy users.
  • Dual Sim - Always handy and sports full sized SIM slots
  • Removable battery -
  • Separate camera button -
  • Good compatibility with Play Store apps

Cons:

• Difficult to find accessories - Have not yet found a local supplier for spare batteries and cases or bumpers.
  • Camera - On default camera cannot turn off scene mode only Auto or predefined scene which resulted in a yellow cast on all my indoor photos - fixed by installing different camera from play store.
  • No compass -
  • Volume Control - Only single slider for volume level - Partially fixed by installing 3rd party volume control from play store but Notification and Ring volumes are still linked
  • GPU - Graphics controller is weak compared to CPU - I can still play lots of 3D games but at lower settings
  • Not Quad band GSM so either have to choose Gray version for DTAC/True or White version for AIS
  • Battery life is average but heavy extended use will see you running to a USB charger

Most of the shortcomings are to do with me comparing a 20k device to a 8k device, Samsung make great hardware and add nice touches to the standard android experience but you do pay a hefty premium for it, I'd recommend putting the IQ6 on the buy list and always know at these prices an annual smartphone upgrade isn't going to cost the equivalent of a small moped.

Edited by PhiPhi

I don't know if they are made here or in China, in the i-mobile shop they said here?

The iq4 have jb4.1, compass and can use all service providers in Thailand and I used mine in Singapore and now in Indonesia with local sim cards both places. The iq4 is a very good smart phone for the money in my opinion.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...