Going Off The Deep End In Chiang Mai - How Long 'til It Happens?

mesquite

I though Hare Krishna people only exist in Western countries

Thailand is more and more becoming the same as Western countries. sad.png

It is from India, an offshoot of Hindu, aparently you invoke god (krishna) by CONSTANTLY chanting his name, Simple minded nutter cult.

I guess that would make Buddhism just a 'simple minded nutter cult' too, as there is a Japanese school of Buddhism that says you can invoke Buddha Conciousnous just by constantly chanting 'Namu Amida Butsu...'

I'm always awed by the open-mindedness of people.

Thanks, yes I am quite open minded, some sad silly sods have morphed their buddha cults in Japan, nam miyho renge kio, nam mioho reng kio, nam miho renge..... until you get whatever you wished for, aint religion wonderful?

They aren't crazy. They just want to help you carry your wallet.

I watched them from very early days as they set up shop in a large US city. A wealthy local kid managed to muscle his way past fellow devotees, buy an exclusive franchise from world headquarters, and make a fortune running legal beggars around the streets all day.

He still had to kick something upstairs on a regular basis, but most of the money stayed with the local operation, and his labor costs, aside from really cheap food, were nil.

I'd rather bump into Hare Krishnas than bible freaks thumbsup.gif

And what is your definition of a bible freak?

Someone attempting to push their christian religion upon others, sometimes in return for aid. examples are jehovah witnesses, missionaries. Are you one?

I'd rather bump into Hare Krishnas than bible freaks thumbsup.gif

And what is your definition of a bible freak?

Someone attempting to push their christian religion upon others, sometimes in return for aid. examples are jehovah witnesses, missionaries. Are you one?

No, but the term "Freak" has a ton of meaning. Would you call the local Imam a Koran freak? The JW and some missionaries can be annoying, but they don't put the collection basket under your nose like the Hari Krishnas.

I didn't mean to be snide, but I am a Christian, and I believe the Bible is the word of God. There are whackos in every religion, but it seems that everyone can take a free kick at Christians. We don't fight back. But you know something? It works!

There are whackos in every religion, but it seems that everyone can take a free kick at Christians. We don't fight back. But you know something? It works!

Shhhhhh ..... don't mention The Crusades, The Inquisition, Puritans .............

Bingo! Another kick... But I still love you.