How Many Active Thai Visa Forum Members Are There?

Fookhaht

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does TV know when a member dies? None of my Farang friends are members. If I died, TV would not know.

It's nearly always due to someone reporting it in a topic on TV or passing the information on to the mods/admins. Other mechanisms are publication in a media source and recognized by someone and posted.

Thanks Tywais.

I think there are a few overactive members some of whom have an inflated view of their own self worth. No names mentioned!! ^^

Only regarding over inflated tyre pressures for me eh. laugh.png

Full of hot air???tongue.png

As @ krisb was mentioning Thai Visa T shirts (if they exist) IMO Thai Visa T Shirts would probably be a good idea! but needing to be unique, perhaps having to win one for some well thought out deed, or accomplishment or other,would make them sought after and could be a highly respected,and proud to wear item,rather than just another bought T Shirt!. maybe it could attract new members,as well?

Good idea Majic. I was thinking if it was visibly written on a tshirt then its easily spotted in Thailand. Hey, if I saw 1 been worn Id stop and say howdy!
  • Like 1

I think there are a few overactive members some of whom have an inflated view of their own self worth. No names mentioned!! ^^

Only regarding over inflated tyre pressures for me eh. laugh.png

Thats what anonymous privat forums are for dear Gmac!

As @ krisb was mentioning Thai Visa T shirts (if they exist)

They do. I have one - it's actually a polo shirt rather than a T shirt.

I've got a t-shirt with Farang written on it in Thai script. I think George gave them out in 2003/4?

Theyre sold throughout Thailand. Not Thai Visa Forum only. Anyway it says falang not Thai Visa forum!!!

How does TV know when a member dies? None of my Farang friends are members. If I died, TV would not know.

It's nearly always due to someone reporting it in a topic on TV or passing the information on to the mods/admins. Other mechanisms are publication in a media source and recognized by someone and posted.

So due to the average age of the members, it is very possible that the biggest part of those 7000 members are in fact not breathing anymore, but the board wasn't informed about.

As I like to be mysterious/anonymous regarding my JT identity here, I always thought it would be fun if lots of people were wearing t-shirts saying Jingthing. Then people would wonder is that the real Jingthing? Not like I imagined him! Of course it wouldn't be because I wouldn't be caught dead in a such a shirt. Oh yeah. I'm tripping. Never mind!

No wonder staring at that avatar all day long! tongue.png

Where can I buy a t shirt that does that?

• Like 1

As @ krisb was mentioning Thai Visa T shirts (if they exist)

They do. I have one - it's actually a polo shirt rather than a T shirt.

I've got a t-shirt with Farang written on it in Thai script. I think George gave them out in 2003/4?

Theyre sold throughout Thailand. Not Thai Visa Forum only. Anyway it says falang not Thai Visa forum!!!

These were made by George, if you look closely you will see TV Forum logo and also in the actual Farang script there is small writing saying thaivisa.com.

• 10 months later...

As @ krisb was mentioning Thai Visa T shirts (if they exist) IMO Thai Visa T Shirts would probably be a good idea! but needing to be unique, perhaps having to win one for some well thought out deed, or accomplishment or other,would make them sought after and could be a highly respected,and proud to wear item,rather than just another bought T Shirt!. maybe it could attract new members,as well?

How about a "I was banned from ThaiVisa" T-shirt?

Yes, then nearly all Thaivisa members would have one. It is very hard for Thaivisa members not to get banned.

How about a "I was banned from ThaiVisa" T-shirt?

Yeh, l should have one. laugh.png

What! only one?

Actually, Mr george ... you never did actually revel the number of active members there are on Thai Visa Forum ... (insert foot tapping, awaiting answer smilie).

The reason I want to know is quite innocent because I reference it on a Christmas thread.

..depends on what you mean by 'active'. Some brain dead members are quite active, some of the more intelligent ones just don't bother much anymore. These days I tend to post when I find a response particularly obnoxious or stupid (upon which I get an 'off topic post removed as well as answers', or when I start a topic with a fairly straight forward question. If I answer a topic for which I feel I have a certain knowledge I often get shot down in flames.

No wonder many people sort of plateau out at around 1000 posts or so.

• 1 month later...

I know that over the last year, there were many well known very active members that suddenly seemed to cease to exist over night and never heard of again. I will not mention any names as last time unintentionally I quoted members that were banned and got my face slapped.

Perhaps some just become bored, move away from Thailand or even die, but it seems that they are soon replaced by different regulars.

Thai visa posters appear to run in 2 year phases, then are replaced by another bunch and it goes on.

It would be interesting to know who are the longest established Thai visa members that still participate on a day to day or regular basis?

This is something I gleaned from the members listing.

Shown by user name/join date/last post date:

George / 11-20-02 / 2-6-13

Merlin / 11-20-02 / 2-2-13

MikeWill / 11-24-02 / 2-6-13

bellachg / 11-24-02 / 1-2-13

Chuckd / 11-26-02 / 2-6-13

I joined in either 2003 or 2004. At this time each member had a number (mine was 1,700-ish, I think) which appeared next to their name when they posted something. It seems that, 5 or 6 years later, this 'numbering' of members became inappropriate for some reason and the numbers disappeared.

I've been curious for ages as to how many numbers there are. But I guess that now this aspect has become a hot potato and the real stats have become clouded in any case . . .

R