Aussie Deaths In Thailand

webfact

Aussie deaths in Thailand

Francesca Belperio Today Tonight

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is a favourite holiday destinations for millions of Australians but Foreign Affairs warns some areas are dangerous no-go zones.

In the past five years over 1300 Aussies have died in Thailand from mysterious causes.

Rory McDonald's son Andrew Oake is one of those statistics, and McDonald knows the death was no accident.

newsjs

"The injuries were several large deep gashes to his head, he probably had 150 stitches to his head. He had multiple cuts to his arm, basically couldn't move his arm, lost control of all his muscles and tendons in his fingers and his arm was chopped up," McDonald said.

In fact he knows his son was murdered and by whom - and so do the authorities.

"He was charged, found guilty of murder and conspiring to murder and was given a three year good behaviour bond. Even the police prosecutor in Thailand at the time, who was prosecuting the case, said this sends a wrong message to our youth.

Full story: http://au.news.yahoo...hs-in-thailand/

-- Yahoo! news 2013-02-06

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1300!!!.....<deleted>!!!....sorry, I dont believe so.

Thats 1300 from 'mysterious' causes. So is there more from 'normal' or 'accidental' causes?

Also, if they are murders ,poisoning etc so called 'mysterious' deaths, then they are reported on the news. Theres no way Ive heard of that many reported.

Edited by krisb

Whilst it is patently obvious this poor bloke was one of the good guys; the comments above regarding yobbos and wanke_rs are painfully and tragically valid.

This good man died because of those disposable humans; killed by more disposable humans who perceive colour and race in Humanity. There is only one race, the human race and we should stop calling what cannot be humane that name. They are a being of some kind but they are not human beings if they are empathy-bankrupt and emotionally insane.

• Like 2

Nothing to do with Thailand. All to do with Aussie yobs being Aussie yobs!!!

What a moronic statement!

I do not think you perceived Sqiggley's position correctly. I believe he was referring to the yobbos that gave the Thai yobbos the perceived motive to seek religious vengeance on an utterly unrelated and uninvolved third party.

Can believe 1300 Australians have died in Thailand over five years, but seriously question the OP's assertion 1300 Aussies have died in Thailand from "mysterious causes" Another piece of unsubstantiated reporting from Australia's sensationalist Today Tonight program

"In the past five years over 1300 Aussies have died in Thailand from mysterious causes."

hahaha, sure. Thats almost one a day. Could it be that the sentence should have read:

"In the past five years over 1300 Aussies have died in Thailand."

That would include the vast majority of mainly pensioners who die of old age or diseases as well as those who die from motorbike accidents etc. I bet the Asutralian insurance companies can confirm that, perhaps with the exception of motorbike accidents, Thailand is no more dangerous than Australia!

No way 1300 Aussies have died in Thailand in the past 5 years. Seriously, that's one dying on average every one and a half days from mysterious causes.

Watch the video on the link on the original post. They clearly say 130.

I wonder who decides what a 'mysterious cause' is? I'd say 'mysterious causes' are an outcome of poor investigation techniques in Thailand (and sensationalist media reporting). In the case of this poor fella, Andrew, how can they say he is one of those statistics when there was no mystery. At least one culprit was caught and charged. Where's the mystery?

That was a tough story to watch. Good on the father for his crusade to track down those who murdered Andrew. Part of me hopes he punched the security guy flush in nose when he tracked him down in Macau.

• Like 1

The article had the intended results, winding up all the thais do not like us bobble heads so that they could have there daily vent. How many Aussies travel to Thailand year in and year out with out a problem, I guess this flys in the face of they hate us. My best wwishes to the family who lost a son

No way 1300 Aussies have died in Thailand in the past 5 years. Seriously, that's one dying on average every one and a half days from mysterious causes.

Watch the video on the link on the original post. They clearly say 130.

I wonder who decides what a 'mysterious cause' is? I'd say 'mysterious causes' are an outcome of poor investigation techniques in Thailand (and sensationalist media reporting). In the case of this poor fella, Andrew, how can they say he is one of those statistics when there was no mystery. At least one culprit was caught and charged. Where's the mystery?

That was a tough story to watch. Good on the father for his crusade to track down those who murdered Andrew. Part of me hopes he punched the security guy flush in nose when he tracked him down in Macau.

I just listened to the video. It does state clearly 130, That changes the whole seriousness of the problem, and negates probably half of the posts . Sad for the 130, but certainly far different than 1300, Someone needs a good proofreader.