F1 2013

Mosha

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autosport livechat have currently rookie Valtteri Bottas interview (with incoming tweets). Nice young guy on Williams. Sounds like MAXIMUM ATTACK will be his trademark for the season :)

ukmsn reports that David Coulthard's 35 year old sister, has being found gead at home. Police describe the circumstances as suspicious.

Yes, very sad but police describe the circumstances as not suspicious, suspected heart attack at 35 !

• Like 1

ukmsn reports that David Coulthard's 35 year old sister, has being found gead at home. Police describe the circumstances as suspicious.

Yes, very sad but police describe the circumstances as not suspicious, suspected heart attack at 35 !

They changed it then, when I 1st read it it was said to be suspicious. People were posting on the site about how terrible it was to be killed at that age.

Hopefully some close racing again this season which should ensure the excitement keeps flowing. Looking forward to seeing how Jenson and Fernando do, if the Red Bull is as good as previous seasons it could be very close but would not bet on Seb not getting 4 in a row.

David.

I was wondering about the inclusion of teams on condition of them using Cosworth engines and whether there was a specific contract time or at what point they could change to a more popular engine. I have to say the details have become a bit fuzzy about this but at least one team have changed with considerable success or was it just a ruse of Bernies to get more teams thus more money into the sport while not expecting any real upsets, if any posters can enlighten me as to why Cosworth were approached not of course forgetting their past glories in F1 or was it that other major manufacturers were only allowed to supply a certain number of teams, as I said, my memory is a little/lot unclear as to the state of play.

Hopefully some close racing again this season which should ensure the excitement keeps flowing. Looking forward to seeing how Jenson and Fernando do, if the Red Bull is as good as previous seasons it could be very close but would not bet on Seb not getting 4 in a row.

David.

Nice surprise to see you back David, you have been missed on these pages.

Yes me too, hope to see another close contest this season.

I was wondering about the inclusion of teams on condition of them using Cosworth engines and whether there was a specific contract time or at what point they could change to a more popular engine. I have to say the details have become a bit fuzzy about this but at least one team have changed with considerable success or was it just a ruse of Bernies to get more teams thus more money into the sport while not expecting any real upsets, if any posters can enlighten me as to why Cosworth were approached not of course forgetting their past glories in F1 or was it that other major manufacturers were only allowed to supply a certain number of teams, as I said, my memory is a little/lot unclear as to the state of play.

Check out this link:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/149391/1/was_cosworth_deal_condition_of_2010_f1_entry.html

As I recall it was supposed to be a way to increase the numbers on the grid at a reasonable cost, but I'm sure Bernie didn't miss out

• Like 1

I hope to take part in some interesting discussions b19bry as I was travelling a lot last season but now back in the Kingdom.

I'm interested to see how Perez does with Maclaren and of course watching how Mercedes and Lewis does with his new team and maybe figure out why he moved from Maclaren.

David.

Be good to see Sutil back in a seat...

I think it's gonna be a good season with some great racing smile.png

Woulda been even better to see Kobayashi in that seat he was top entertainment.

Sad to see he's out of F1 while his erstwhile (and in my view lesser) teammate gets one of the best seats on the grid.

I agree it's shaping up to be another good season though last season will be a tough act to follow.

I think the paid drivers are in the teams traditionally at the back of the grid with the slowest cars and cannot really show their possible true skills {with the odd exception prooving the rule} and with very few points scored their personal sponsors are not getting value for money with enough coverage so the cash dries up they are dropped by the team who look for another paid sacrificial lamb to keep them afloat.

This is ok as far as Bernies concerned because it keeps a full grid and without them there would only be a few teams contesting the race. Just my opinion you understand so please feel free to disagree.

David.

I think the paid drivers are in the teams traditionally at the back of the grid with the slowest cars and cannot really show their possible true skills {with the odd exception prooving the rule} and with very few points scored their personal sponsors are not getting value for money with enough coverage so the cash dries up they are dropped by the team who look for another paid sacrificial lamb to keep them afloat.

This is ok as far as Bernies concerned because it keeps a full grid and without them there would only be a few teams contesting the race. Just my opinion you understand so please feel free to disagree.

David.

I agree to a point but having Carlos Slim as a buddy certainly hasn't hurt Perez's move to the sharp end of the grid

b19bry.

I agree having influential friends can be a big help, hence the reason I put in brackets that the exception prooves the rule using Sergio Perez as my example but think a top flight move to Maclaren may be a bit premature, I hope not as I feel he has great potential, but not just yet.

David.

b19bry.

I agree having influential friends can be a big help, hence the reason I put in brackets that the exception prooves the rule using Sergio Perez as my example but think a top flight move to Maclaren may be a bit premature, I hope not as I feel he has great potential, but not just yet.

David.

Hi David,

Fair enough, I must be missing something I just don't see anything that marks Perez out any more than say a Hulkenburg. I guess time will tell and I'm ready to be proved wrong.

In any case it will be interesting to see how things play out at Mclaren & Lotus & Mercedes amongst others !

Brawn to leave Mercedes while Paddy Lowe spends a season on 'gardening leave' with Mclaren !

Lauda pushes Brawn aside at Mercedes, but he didn't exactly sparkle when he was consultant at Ferrari then Jaguar. Can't see this being good for Mercedes this season but longer term is this a smart move ?

I guess time will tell unsure.png

b19bry.

It was fairly obvious that Paddy would be gardening for the year after his anticipated move to Mercedes and no way were Maclaren going to let him leave and go straight to the opposition with his knowledge of this years car, next year is a completely different ball game.

Brawn has shown flashes of brilliance when he bought the Honda team and turned it into a winning duo, albeit for the one season but then no one knows what influence Mercedes buying of the team had but whatever it was it didn't produce results and I would be surprised if this year is any different although it may appear that they are trying to get results by buying or spending big money on top people but to sack Brawn at this juncture of the season says to me at least that they don't have a lot of confidence in this years car but are more concerned with 2014. Just a thought.

David.

Brawn has not been sacked.

i would reckon brawn has shown more than the odd flash of brilliance.

he lead benetton 2 two wdc and 1 wcc.

led the "dream team" along with todt and rory byrne for ferrari. We all know how that turned out.

Took over Hondas nearly fully developed new car for another WDC with Button.

Bought the team for a pound and sold it on to Mercedes for a small fortune.

Not so shabby.

Edited by candypants

Candypants.

When I stated the odd flash of brilliance I was referring to him alone in buying the Honda team for a pound and selling it on for a fortune, large or small and in all other respects as much as I like the man he was part of a team albeit possibly the most important but still a team so success at Ferrari was by your own statement a dream team and pretty much the same at Benetton.

David.