F1 2013

Mosha

Will Hamilton be able to convince Brawn to stay? Somehow I doubt it if Mercedes wants to change to directing by committee and Brawn will not be part of any committee. Maybe if Hamilton was in Vittel's shoes?

Not sure what if any risk to Vettel, any of the other drivers or the crowd in the burn out exhibition? I did not see it or the overall track to see if anyone could have been at risk. Rules are rules I guess. Small price for Vettel to pay to enjoy the moment and thrill the crowd.

Perhaps he should have tried....

Aye, you need the balls of a Scotsman for that one!!thumbsup.giflaugh.png

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like the silly season still continues. Räikkönen visited Ferrari's Maranello factory yesterday. Let's see if Kimi will be sitting on Ferrari's seat for the last two races.

Seems like the silly season still continues. Räikkönen visited Ferrari's Maranello factory yesterday. Let's see if Kimi will be sitting on Ferrari's seat for the last two races.

As he apparently hasn't been paid all season, lets see if he even attends the last 2 raced.

As he apparently hasn't been paid all season, lets see if he even attends the last 2 raced.

I think that's just a bluff. Threatening to not race. Be amazed if he doesn't. For one thing, racers love to race, money or not. For another thing, if he doesn't race, it puts him at a legal disadvantage, because he'll be breaking his terms of employment.

As for visiting Ferrari's factory, i would have thought that was quite an ordinary thing to do, considering he'll be racing with them next season, and likely nothing to do with the last two races of this season.

The backsurgery ends up Kimi’s season

F1 | Turun Sanomat 09:34 | 0

The Formula One season of Kimi Raikkonen is over!

The Finnish star of Lotus F1 Team – keeping third position in the drivers’ championship with 183 points – will go through a backsurgery on next Thursday, and because of that cannot race in the two last Grands Prix of USA and Brazil.

Raikkonen has had problems with his back for a long time. During the practise in Singapore in September the pain got so bad, that Kimi would not have been able to participate the qualifying and the race without a cortisone injection.

Now after the race in Abu Dhabi a week ago Kimi’s back has been even worse. He has not been able to sleep properly without painkillers.

– The experts were recommending the surgery, and it will be done next Thursday in Salzburg, Steve Robertson, the manager of Raikkonen, breaks the news to Turun Sanomat.

After the operation Kimi is cannot do anything for four weeks. This means the current season stops here.

.. continues ..

Source: http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/558601/The+backsurgery+ends+up+Kimis+season

The Finnish star of Lotus F1 Team – keeping third position in the drivers’ championship with 183 points – will go through a backsurgery on next Thursday, and because of that cannot race in the two last Grands Prix of USA and Brazil.

Raikkonen has had problems with his back for a long time. During the practise in Singapore in September the pain got so bad, that Kimi would not have been able to participate the qualifying and the race without a cortisone injection.

Now after the race in Abu Dhabi a week ago Kimi’s back has been even worse. He has not been able to sleep properly without painkillers.

– The experts were recommending the surgery, and it will be done next Thursday in Salzburg, Steve Robertson, the manager of Raikkonen, breaks the news to Turun Sanomat.

After the operation Kimi is cannot do anything for four weeks. This means the current season stops here.

.. continues ..

Source: http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/558601/The+backsurgery+ends+up+Kimis+season

Well that sorts the legalities for Kimi.

.. continues ..

Well that sorts the legalities for Kimi.

A little too conveniently perhaps?

My guess is, were he staying at the team, were things all hunky dory, were perhaps he fighting for the title, he would delay surgery until after the last race. As it, he doesn't have to. Can't say i blame him either.

• Like 1

Shame that.

After a shaky start, i thought he was progressing quite well. He certainly impressed me with the way he took the battle to Jenson, even if some of his moves might have been a bit borderline. Showed he wasn't afraid or intimidated.

In other seasons gone by, i think there is no doubt he would already have a new seat lined up, but at the moment, there seems to be more decent drivers available, and not many seats about. Unless he is ready to go right to the back of grid. Perhaps he'll have to, if he wants to stay in F1. The other option i guess is become a test driver.

Can t remember but is he not a pay driver ? my guess there's is no Mexican sponsorship deal for 2014 ?? = no drive seat at McLaren...

Not sure about that but my feeling is that McClaren are one of the handful of teams at the top that can afford to employ a driver purely based on their driving skills, not on the money they do or don't bring in.

Can t remember but is he not a pay driver ? my guess there's is no Mexican sponsorship deal for 2014 ?? = no drive seat at McLaren...

Not sure about that but my feeling is that McClaren are one of the handful of teams at the top that can afford to employ a driver purely based on their driving skills, not on the money they do or don't bring in.

I read somewhere that Perez refused a salary cut, which annoyed his sponsor and I guess the team as well.

Kovalainen is going to replace Räikkönen on Lotus for the last two races.

He has 109 race starts and one victory with McLaren.

Kovalainen is going to replace Räikkönen on Lotus for the last two races.

He has 109 race starts and one victory with McLaren.

Not exactly an exciting replacement is it? Still, i guess he has experience and will do a steady job.

Generally, no. Personally, Mr Niceman is the reason to watch the 'night' races.

• 3 weeks later...

The 2014 calendar in full:

16/03 Australia
30/03 Malaysia
06/04 Bahrain
20/04 China
11/05 Spain
25/05 Monaco
08/06 Canada
22/06 Austria
06/07 Great Britain
20/07 Germany
27/07 Hungary
24/08 Belgium
07/09 Italy
21/09 Singapore
05/10 Japan
12/10 Russia
02/11 United States
09/11 Brazil
23/11 Abu Dhabi

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/25324100

Double points for the final race of the season?!

Just how far are the FIA willing to go in making a mockery of the "sport"? What will be the next gimmick? How about balloons in the shape of various candy pieces, being tied on the track at random places, with drivers picking up extra points for bursting them? I'm sure all the kids would relate to this sort of a challenge.

The day they started messing about with the points system, ten odd years ago, and when they started changing qualifying, is when things started going downhill. No respect for traditions, just a desire to pump up revenue. Sad.

• Like 1

Why the last race, may just as well say Double points for some random race or races of the season. ?

and just how will Double points for the final race of the season work ? one driver wins the campionship 2 races before the last race, but if that driver DNF last race and 2nd in campionship got double points and ended up with a point more who won that years campionship ?

May just as well say extra skill would be to have a trailer with the Kers battery pack, that would need skill to race towing a trailer and slow the race? cars down

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing how someone like this makes it through a long career doing something very risky, without ever sustaining any major injuries, and then, manage to almost kill themselves doing their hobby.

Really hope he pulls through and makes a recovery. Not looking good though. What a Christmas for the Schumacher family eh.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1