Retirement Visa Renewal Problems

I'm currently on a retirement visa that's renewable on 21st April 2013....

Unfortunately due to a glitch, my 800,000 b wasn't deposited until 1st Feb 2013, so won't be "seasoned" until 1st of May (i'm assuming its done on "months" not "days")......

so i'm 10 days short - any ideas what i can do ??

i did think of doing a border run on 20th April and coming back in on a 15day visa on arrival, then on 2nd May applying for retirement visa, but wasn't sure if a visa on arrival could be changed to retirement visa ?

my pal reccons that if i leave on say 5th april, my retirement visa would be voided - come back in on a 15 day and apply for a "new" retirement visa, where the money has to be seasoned for 2 months ?

another pal reccons to do nothing until 1st may and pay 10 days "overstay" @ 5,000 b and renew my retirement visa........

or maybe go to immigration on say the 18th April and see if someone will overlook the 10 days shortfall ?

Any ideas which is the best way forward ??

They can not overlook the shortfall but they might agree to overstay payment. But if you can use the combined income and bank method it could eliminate the seasoning requirement. Do you have any retirement income you could have your Embassy write a letter of and then use the combined method?

A visa exempt entry can be used but normally you need 15 days remaining on current stay to apply for the non immigrant visa and you would need a tourist visa or air entry to meet that requirement.

You can also just leave now and obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa from a Consulate for your return and then 60 days later do your extension.

Just for future reference: is the seasoning measured in months or days?

I think it is DAYS. 60 for the first, 90 for subsequent. Obviously as those are so close to two and three months, people interchange the language and usually it's OK as long as you're not cutting it down to the bone.

Actually the regulation states both, 3 months for ongoing and 60 days for the first::

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

But as JT said why try to cut it that close?

Actually the regulation states both, 3 months for ongoing and 60 days for the first::

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

But as JT said why try to cut it that close?

That is surprising. How are officers supposed to define months then if it's close to the line?

Ask them how many months and weeks there are in a year and the answers will be 12 months and 48 weeks. *

So 3 months is 12 weeks, right?

Have a calender ready for counting the weeks and days when you are cutting it close.

* To test ask your wife and Thai relatives the question "How many weeks in 10 years".

If they not completely lock up the answer will very often be 480 weeks.

No wonder the Chinese like to be bosses, saves on salary. No 13 months like in the west.

Edited by Khun Jean

I would think it would be like this. Today is the 10th of Feb. so 3 months would be the 10th of May.

But I think many would count it as 90 days.

If trying to get exact to satisfy immigrant just use the method that is the longest.