Shed Designs

cdmtdm

anyone have some shed designs floating around that i can get the locals to build with my help ? i dont want the ranbuild expense as per previous posts ... i am after a cost effective design from local materials with suitable structural integrity ... needs to be 6 metres wide x 20 metres long ... 3 sides back onto an existing 2m concrete boundary wall ... so one side of the 20m length will be open ...roof pitch perhaps raked from just above fence height to 4 metres ? the roof will have no load other than the roofing materials... floor concrete after completion ... cheers

In case you don't know.

If you construct it so that any of the roof overhangs or rain runs off onto the neighbour's property, you may have problems.

If the neighbour kicks up a fuss, you may have to make alterations.

In case you don't know.

If you construct it so that any of the roof overhangs or rain runs off onto the neighbour's property, you may have problems.

If the neighbour kicks up a fuss, you may have to make alterations.

thanks Loong , i own the land next door as well so no worries , but i will still put a box gutter on that side anyway to avoid erosion etc ...cheers

• Like 1

The basic design is fixed. It must drain forward onto your land. That means the simplest triangular truss design will give you a water wall to walk through getting into your own shed when it rains. What do you want, easy or workable? Not much difference in cost. If you want both than you do it yourself or pay.

Don't have plans, but simple job. Re enforced concrete poles, 800 to 1,000 Baht each, concrete bricks around 20000 Baht for that size. Steel for the roof not sure.

Go to the big hardware place and ask, don't let a Thai try to work out square meters, wife just bought 20 boxes of tiles. Builder said 20 boxes OK. Box 900 by 900 mil, area 3 meters by 15 meters.

Could not count how many toes and fingers they had. Jim

I agree with Jim. Just to add to his comments, concrete posts at 3 meter spacing for width and 4 metre spacing for length.

Rgds

Khonwan

Edit: tin roof with either steel or timber joists - I'd just use cheap timber joists for a shed, even cut trees.

Edited by Khonwan

I agree with Jim. Just to add to his comments, concrete posts at 3 meter spacing for width and 4 metre spacing for length.

Rgds

Khonwan

Edit: tin roof with either steel or timber joists - I'd just use cheap timber joists for a shed, even cut trees.

Even the cheapest timber (milled timber like 2x3 or 2x6)...are never cheap... compare to steel beam C3 or C4 (middle weight)

Just build a 3x3m (9sqm) with zine roof, cost 9800 Baht just for material, labour cost another 900 Baht exclusive of liquor, the cheap timber for the roof and mid level flooring cost 6800 Baht already...the rest are the cost of zine panels...

Edited by RedBullHorn

thanks for all the input fellas ..i will attempt to make a sketch of my idea today with some pics of the site and post them , already some of the input has me thinking in other directions ... i love this forum ... seeya later

post-90261-0-42909800-1360239335_thumb.j

post-90261-0-03815300-1360239386_thumb.jpost-90261-0-33548600-1360239417_thumb.j

Here are a few ideas of what i think is possible , remembering i have limited skilled labour ..so easy is good , i did reconsider the comment about the water discharge from rain and either way i would like to keep it controlled via gutter , also a pic of a local workshop just built 8m x 12 m ...4 metre post spacings ..

I am not too concerned about getting wet going into the shed , basically all the side facing the walls will be closed and the other 20m side open , perhaps with a small overhang for the sun /rain ..the shed needs to be open on the floor as much as possible , the roof will have no weight other than its own structure , i am thinking trimdek or something similar for the roof cover ... the heavy weather comes from the 20m wall side .... appreciate all ideas and input ..\

ah ..yes the usage , well i will reveal that in coming weeks , as this is the first in a larger project ...

cheers

First thing I would add is on the roof's weight, holding it up is not the issue. Stopping it blowing away is!

The sketch I used the other day is easy to build on the ground in triangular panels. There are no funny angles to cut. Each is welded to the posts at the ends and is independant of the others. Where you have a valley the gutter runs down between the two panel edges. The batons are welded on in situ after the basic shapes are up.

No runoff from the enclosed sides, and only on the ends and in the middle at the front. Remember 1" of rain will yield 3 cubic metres of water (3,000 litres)

hi cdmtdm have you looked at ranbuild thailand some good sheds .Hi loong ian is IA .PSa good shed is some where to hide from the world and create a master piece rgds russell

Hi Russ , i really like Ranbuild but out of the ballpark on cost in this instance .... yes i agree we all need a shed ...... Cheers