Party Monk Defrocked Over Drugs, Sex Romp In Phuket

webfact

Haha. This is actually hilarious. I wonder how many more monks are up to naughty things during their quest for enlightenment? tongue.png

Many.

I personally do not find it funny at all.

They're no different to God-men anywhere else in the world.

Religion is a magnet for charlatans and scoundrels..........always has been.

That's true for sure. But how about the Dahli Lamma, John Paul ii, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Billy Graham.... Charlatans? Scoundrels?

Dali Lama? Bit of both.

John Paul II? Head of the Catholic Church (enough said),

Martin Luther King Jr. ? A great (but morally flawed) man who was in the church because of his background and out of necessity.

Ghandi? See above.

Billy Graham? Bit of both.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the place (or forum) to discuss religion. But history is frequently distorted to suit the belief system of those in power, or those who would like to change another's beliefs. The progressives in western societies. The space monkey in Iran who says the Holocaust never happened. Many examples throughout history.

I am a student of History, and a Christian. I believe Judaism was established by the Word of God, spoken through the prophets. I haven't heard or read of any reasonable argument to refute this. But religion is a system of beliefs, and not scientific facts. I'm betting the farm that my religious beliefs are the right ones. If not, I'll be fookt for eternity.

I think this is a perfect place for discussion about religion and beliefs as there is variety of people with different views.

I'm very interested to hear about your opinions. You do understand the difference between believing god and the science. Why do you still support the judaism and religion in general?

For my view of the world, we can't beyond the point of big bang.. it's an culmination point of science, philosophy and religion. We have not yet figured out how to see what happened before that. Then again, even that is just an theory which will probably change in the future. "what gave the energy for the big bang to happen?"

The difference between religions and science is that science embraces the new information and finds a way to adapt to it as beliefs tend to deny changes of knowledge and tries keep things in the way they used to be.

I am not a learned man in science but I am fascinated by the new and incredible discoveries made in quantum physics and molecular biology. When science uncovers the incredibly perfect architecture of the human genome or discovers mysteries of matter, anti-matter, string theories, time and space, it becomes more clear that the universe could not have happened by random events. Scientific studies of statistical models further debunk the theory of evolution. Science shows us that human life evolving from pond slime is statistically impossible. Only the intelligent design theory of a Creator can not be disproved. Not proven, just not disproven. And therein lies my belief in God. If you want to believe that we came from monkeys, that's OK with me. But you cannot argue that science and religion are mutually exclusive.

You proved, beyond all doubt, the accuracy of your first 8 words with everything that followed it.

• Like 1

This is not the place (or forum) to discuss religion. But history is frequently distorted to suit the belief system of those in power, or those who would like to change another's beliefs. The progressives in western societies. The space monkey in Iran who says the Holocaust never happened. Many examples throughout history.

I am a student of History, and a Christian. I believe Judaism was established by the Word of God, spoken through the prophets. I haven't heard or read of any reasonable argument to refute this. But religion is a system of beliefs, and not scientific facts. I'm betting the farm that my religious beliefs are the right ones. If not, I'll be fookt for eternity.

I think this is a perfect place for discussion about religion and beliefs as there is variety of people with different views.

I'm very interested to hear about your opinions. You do understand the difference between believing god and the science. Why do you still support the judaism and religion in general?

For my view of the world, we can't beyond the point of big bang.. it's an culmination point of science, philosophy and religion. We have not yet figured out how to see what happened before that. Then again, even that is just an theory which will probably change in the future. "what gave the energy for the big bang to happen?"

The difference between religions and science is that science embraces the new information and finds a way to adapt to it as beliefs tend to deny changes of knowledge and tries keep things in the way they used to be.

I am not a learned man in science but I am fascinated by the new and incredible discoveries made in quantum physics and molecular biology. When science uncovers the incredibly perfect architecture of the human genome or discovers mysteries of matter, anti-matter, string theories, time and space, it becomes more clear that the universe could not have happened by random events. Scientific studies of statistical models further debunk the theory of evolution. Science shows us that human life evolving from pond slime is statistically impossible. Only the intelligent design theory of a Creator can not be disproved. Not proven, just not disproven. And therein lies my belief in God. If you want to believe that we came from monkeys, that's OK with me. But you cannot argue that science and religion are mutually exclusive.

You proved, beyond all doubt, the accuracy of your first 8 words with everything that followed it.

And that is your belief system, which I can respect, but respectfully disagree with.

And that is your belief system, which I can respect, but respectfully disagree with.

Uhmm...no, that is not a "belief system". That is a comment on your post (and obviously an implicit criticism of your scientific knowledge). No need to respect it.

Last year I was visiting the monks in a temple in Laos. I climbed the tower to check out the view of the area. I looked down at the buildings below and there was a monk crowched down on the verandah by himself having a romantic time alone with his right hand inside his robe. He did not know that I was in the tower... until I rang the bell and he looked up shocked and ran away

That was kind of mean of you to ring the bell!

Depends which bell he was talking about?

Are you telling me God created Phuket tuk-tuk drivers? Gee, he sure messed that one up. :) :) :) :)

actually....we create ourselves...by our past karma. There is a saying 'if you want to know what you did in a past live, look at what you are now; if you want to know what you will be in your next life, look at what you do now..'

Although they talk about defrocking or disrobing a monk for sexual activity...... he is really no longer a monk from the instant he breaks the rule......'entry of the member into any orifice...to the depth of a mustard seed'. The monk is then only a lay-person, masquerading as a monk, and acquiring much bad karma by doing so.

Even masturbation is a serious offence for a monk....but slightly less so for a novice.