Best Air Con Service In Pattaya

infinity11

LOL. I just started a thread about this. I'm trying to find a good company to service my own units, which are still going OK. Just checking the gas and a good clean is all they probably need. I would also appreciate some recommendations. I'm not interested in going to Homeworks to locate Mr Wi. Someone easily contacted by phone who speaks reasonable English would be great.

Up to you.

Mr. Wi is probably too busy this time of year anyway.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

topt, on 09 May 2016 - 22:25, said:
how241, on 09 May 2016 - 18:31, said:
LarryLindsey, on 09 May 2016 - 18:10, said:LarryLindsey, on 09 May 2016 - 18:10, said:

If its an old unit, consider replacing. The newer units are more efficient, quieter, no?

Unfortunately, it is a LG unit that is a little over 1 year old...It was quiet in the beginning but I have had the tech. people look at it several times already...

Not sure why you resurrected a very old thread when you started this one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/896445-need-recommendations-on-a-good-air-cond-repair-man-in-pattaya/?p=10441145&hl=%2Bair+%2Bcon+%2Bservice in February - when the unit was 1.5 years old............

What was wrong with the guy you used then - or has he said he cannot fix it?

I thought this was the thread I started but apparently I was wrong...Either way, I am still trying to find a good a/c man....Ao, did come out and fix it as I said on my other thread but about a month later , it has gotten noisy again...I have called him but he is busy and has put me off a few times...I guess business is good for him...

topt, on 09 May 2016 - 22:25, said:

how241, on 09 May 2016 - 18:31, said:

LarryLindsey, on 09 May 2016 - 18:10, said:LarryLindsey, on 09 May 2016 - 18:10, said:

If its an old unit, consider replacing. The newer units are more efficient, quieter, no?

Unfortunately, it is a LG unit that is a little over 1 year old...It was quiet in the beginning but I have had the tech. people look at it several times already...

Not sure why you resurrected a very old thread when you started this one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/896445-need-recommendations-on-a-good-air-cond-repair-man-in-pattaya/?p=10441145&hl=%2Bair+%2Bcon+%2Bservice in February - when the unit was 1.5 years old............

What was wrong with the guy you used then - or has he said he cannot fix it?

I thought this was the thread I started but apparently I was wrong...Either way, I am still trying to find a good a/c man....Ao, did come out and fix it as I said on my other thread but about a month later , it has gotten noisy again...I have called him but he is busy and has put me off a few times...I guess business is good for him...

Your air con guy is busy?

Why would the air con technicians be extra busy this time of year I wonder?

LOL. I just started a thread about this. I'm trying to find a good company to service my own units, which are still going OK. Just checking the gas and a good clean is all they probably need. I would also appreciate some recommendations. I'm not interested in going to Homeworks to locate Mr Wi. Someone easily contacted by phone who speaks reasonable English would be great.

Up to you.

Mr. Wi is probably too busy this time of year anyway.

So it probably would have been a wasted trip anyway. Mr Wi doesn't use phones?

Edited by tropo

I got serviced by koon koong group today. They have a office at tappraya road near theppray intersection. Price was 550. Service ( one unit) took about one hour. 2 young lads, another one seemed like teenager to me.. I do not know good or bad but that i must say, they did not make messy job like some do so no immediate booking for room cleaners not necessary.

One side note..They were supposed to come first some days ago when there was still thaiholidays. Security did not let them come so rebooking was necessary. That was smooth also, Some lady phoned me and explained me the situation.. So do check your houserules before ordering.. I was not aware that this kind of job is not allowed in some days.

• 1 month later...

As recommended by so many others on this thread PK Air, you may have to wait a few days for an appointment.

I did use P.K Before.. i aslo bougth aircon from him.. But i would not recomend him. He say he give free cleaning one yera.. wel.. he do.. but he only clean the filters inside.. nothing inside.. 6 aircons inn 15 min... And he say not nessasery... number 2.. the drain was mounted wrong on 2 of my aircons.. so water going inn and not out the pipe line...

As recommended by so many others on this thread PK Air, you may have to wait a few days for an appointment.

I did use P.K Before.. i aslo bougth aircon from him.. But i would not recomend him. He say he give free cleaning one yera.. wel.. he do.. but he only clean the filters inside.. nothing inside.. 6 aircons inn 15 min... And he say not nessasery... number 2.. the drain was mounted wrong on 2 of my aircons.. so water going inn and not out the pipe line...

I just had a PK Air service today, a couple of hours ago. They did a great job. They had a team of 6 people, cleaning 2 units at once. They stripped them right down and cleaned them thoroughly... checked gas and gave the outside compressors a clean too. My units were extremely dirty. They were far more thorough than Irish (can't reach them now) and charge 400 baht per unit. They were nearly on time and left the place fairly clean. I booked them at their office on Thepprasit Road. The receptionist Nuch spoke fairly good English. Now I have them on LINE the next service will be easy to book.

Just put this number 081-177-7437 in your phone contacts list with LINE app installed (and set to auto detect contacts) and you can contact them directly. All Thai people seem to use LINE app and use it as their preferred method of communication.

I did use P.K Before.. i aslo bougth aircon from him.. But i would not recomend him. He say he give free cleaning one yera.. wel.. he do.. but he only clean the filters inside.. nothing inside.. 6 aircons inn 15 min... And he say not nessasery... number 2..

On one occasion they made no attempt to clean the outside compressor, and on another it was just a cursory spray. Now I think that the only valid solution to any air-con service (regardless of the company) is to stand there and tell them exactly what to do, and to watch everything like a hawk to ensure that it is done. It seems that you simply cannot rely on any Thai to do a proper job every time without constant supervision.

I did use P.K Before.. i aslo bougth aircon from him.. But i would not recomend him. He say he give free cleaning one yera.. wel.. he do.. but he only clean the filters inside.. nothing inside.. 6 aircons inn 15 min... And he say not nessasery... number 2..

On one occasion they made no attempt to clean the outside compressor, and on another it was just a cursory spray. Now I think that the only valid solution to any air-con service (regardless of the company) is to stand there and tell them exactly what to do, and to watch everything like a hawk to ensure that it is done. It seems that you simply cannot rely on any Thai to do a proper job every time without constant supervision.

What should they be doing to the outside compressor other than a cursory spray and checking the gas pressure?

What should they be doing to the outside compressor other than a cursory spray and checking the gas pressure?

I expect them to clean the heat-exchanger tubes on the outside unit and the fan etc. Masses of crap in there, just like in the inside rotary fan section and heat-exchanger.

When I do it myself with a hose it takes ages for the water to run clear. Amazing.

I expect them to clean the heat-exchanger tubes on the outside unit and the fan etc. Masses of crap in there, just like in the inside rotary fan section and heat-exchanger.

When I do it myself with a hose it takes ages for the water to run clear. Amazing.

Could you please give me some guidance of how to do this. I remember Irish didn't touch the outside compressors. PK did hose them.

Could you please give me some guidance of how to do this. I remember Irish didn't touch the outside compressors. PK did hose them.

It's a highly technical procedure.

Turn off the power to the air-con at the fusebox.

Point the hose at the rear of the unit where the radiator fins are. Preferably use a garden spray nozzle (not a Karcher pressure device which may damage the fins).

Turn on the water.

Wiggle the hose around until the water pouring out of the air-con runs clean.

Do the same to the fan at the front, and the case if you like.

Turn off water. Turn on power (you can wait a while for it all to dry first if you like).

That's about it. Keeps me hugely entertained once a month.

It's a highly technical procedure.

Turn off the power to the air-con at the fusebox.

Point the hose at the rear of the unit where the radiator fins are. Preferably use a garden spray nozzle (not a Karcher pressure device which may damage the fins).

Turn on the water.

Wiggle the hose around until the water pouring out of the air-con runs clean.

Do the same to the fan at the front, and the case if you like.

Turn off water. Turn on power (you can wait a while for it all to dry first if you like).

That's about it. Keeps me hugely entertained once a month.

Great! Thanks!

Before Irish was called Irish -- I'm drawing a blank right now, but at the time it was operated by a fellow named Will Purser -- they used to actually take the cover off the outdoor compressors and clean them thoroughly. The past couple times that I used Irish they just gave a cursory spray through the grill on the front.

• 3 weeks later...
PK Air did one good clean followed by a second one that appeared to be good but in fact turned out to need doing again after just a couple of months. They came back and did it again (for which I paid) using some sort of chemical cleaner that produced masses of black gunge, and that seems to have worked better. Time will tell. I cant help thinking that if PK Air were equipped with proper tools (like a right-angled proximity spray head for their water jet, which would cost all of couple of hundred Baht and should last for years) they could do a much better job.

Another update.

Just a couple of months on from that third clean, I woke up to find that the condensation water pipe is completely blocked and water is dripping from the indoor unit.

I stuck a bit of wire up the pipe from outside and a whole load of thick grey gunge came out but there is more stuck higher up (probably the whole length of the pipe). There is no way that has developed in under 3 months. So it seems that PK Air didnt flush through that downpipe either, though it would have been very easy to do when the indoor unit was disconnected.

Not impressed at all. Will have to give Koon Koong a try.

I guess everyone has these obstructed pipes problems once in a while.

I wonder why these pipes are not equipped near the aircon unit with some sort of valve and connector where one could connect a tube to just blow the crap out after closing the valve on the side leading to the AC unit ?

This would make cleaning obstructed pipes so much easier.

The last time I took a deep breath and blew into the pipe from the outside and a black gooey mass shot out onto my living room's floor. The pipe was ok after that.

Second - aircon service.

As far as I can see, the aircon service guys don't do much more than just take out the filters, clean these and clean the other parts of the unit a bit and then put everything back. It's something I can do in under 10 minutes per unit, is it really worth calling someone to do it when there is no worry about gas levels?

Another problem is that many of the workers just make everything dirty.

I wonder why these pipes are not equipped near the aircon unit with some sort of valve and connector where one could connect a tube to just blow the crap out after closing the valve on the side leading to the AC unit ?

Flushing that pipe is a doddle when the water collector on the indoor unit has been removed for cleaning as the open pipe is displayed very prominently inside. You just need to squirt water down it and no need for any sort of valve or extra equipment, and of course all the water and crap will drain straight out of the other end with no mess. The only problem seems to be that they just dont do it. sad.png

If I had thought of it when they were there I would have insisted that they do it, but in 20 years of having aircon in Europe our pipes never got blocked and were never cleaned. But it was much less humid there and of course we didnt use the aircon as intensively as here.

The last time I took a deep breath and blew into the pipe from the outside and a black gooey mass shot out onto my living room's floor. The pipe was ok after that.

I'll pass on that, not least because my outlet pipe is at ground level and I'm not putting my face down there to blow on anything!

Edited by KittenKong

Last time I had my condo's air con units cleaned, they blasted their high-power sprayer down the drain tubes and it was like a black snake was blown out of each. I guess they hadn't been doing that on previous cleanings?

It was surprising because I use Filtrete filters and the water from spraying the indoor evaporators usually is a light grey, i.e. not all that dirty. Does mold build up easily in the drain pipes?

What came out of my pipe definitely looked and felt like some gooey organic substance to me. I suppose some mild disinfectant (not bleach) sprayed onto the fins on the indoor part from time to time would impede its development, though as you say a good blast of water through the pipe once every 6 months should keep it at bay also.

I dont know when that was last done on my installation as it's not something I've checked. I will in future though.

Flushing that pipe is a doddle when the water collector on the indoor unit has been removed for cleaning as the open pipe is displayed very prominently inside. You just need to squirt water down it and no need for any sort of valve or extra equipment, and of course all the water and crap will drain straight out of the other end with no mess. The only problem seems to be that they just dont do it. sad.png

If I had thought of it when they were there I would have insisted that they do it, but in 20 years of having aircon in Europe our pipes never got blocked and were never cleaned. But it was much less humid there and of course we didnt use the aircon as intensively as here.

I'll pass on that, not least because my outlet pipe is at ground level and I'm not putting my face down there to blow on anything!

ummm... the take the whle unit off the wall for cleaning??

I don't want to imagine the mess that would be!

What came out of my pipe definitely looked and felt like some gooey organic substance to me. I suppose some mild disinfectant (not bleach) sprayed onto the fins on the indoor part from time to time would impede its development, though as you say a good blast of water through the pipe once every 6 months should keep it at bay also.

I dont know when that was last done on my installation as it's not something I've checked. I will in future though.

That's useful info... will have to make sure those pipes get a blow through at the next service.

The only time I had a blocked drain pipe was when I went away for 5 months. There was a whole lot of algae build up in the pipe as the pipe sits in the hot sun for part of the day. I ran water up the pipe and managed to clear it.

They take the plastic cover off and remove the water tray and rotary fan blade for cleaning, and spray water into the fins. When the water tray is removed you have easy access to the drain pipe.

It doesnt make much mess as they use a plastic sheet to collect the cleaning water.

They take the plastic cover off and remove the water tray and rotary fan blade for cleaning, and spray water into the fins. When the water tray is removed you have easy access to the drain pipe.

It doesnt make much mess as they use a plastic sheet to collect the cleaning water.

It's a huge inconvenience though. One of my units is over my computer desk and I have to move a lot of stuff to allow them access. I hate it! It would be pretty annoying if, after they have finished the service I find the drain pipe clogged.

One downside to these room air cond. cleanings is that most of the unit is snap together plastic parts. Easy to break or crack them and it is possible to have noise and vibrations develop after the unit is taken apart many times.

One downside to these room air cond. cleanings is that most of the unit is snap together plastic parts. Easy to break or crack them and it is possible to have noise and vibrations develop after the unit is taken apart many times.

True. They cracked off some foam on one of my units (I found it outside) just cleaned and it makes some noises I don't like. I can't be bothered calling them back to complain because they'll just say it was there before they cleaned it.

my experience with such workers is black handprints on the walls, doors left open to invite all moskitoes in, banging the furniture with their equipment and generally leaving a mess.

The filters should be cleaned every week. It was the air-con service guy who told me that. I used to clean the filters every 3 months but that is just not good enough. The air quality is much better inside my room now.

Edited by balo

my experience with such workers is black handprints on the walls, doors left open to invite all moskitoes in, banging the furniture with their equipment and generally leaving a mess.

They certainly aren't the daintiest of workers but all the ones that have done my air-con have been fairly clean and tidy.

The filters should be cleaned every week. It was the air-con service guy who told me that. I used to clean the filters every 3 months but that is just not good enough. The air quality is much better inside my room now.

Yes. Cleaning the filters under the tap is a regular task that should be performed by the end user, not left for the 6-monthly full service. My air-con has a warning light that comes on after about 150-200 hours of use to indicate that the filter needs cleaning.