Shipping Goods To Thailand From Uk

i have heard it mention on tv before that when shipping freight to thailand it can be a long difficult process, say for instance if my thai wife wanted to ship a container of goods to thailand twice a year from uk , would she have problems with corrupt customs ? the goods shipped would be for her business venture. goods which she could buy in uk and sell in thailand.

As being a freight forwarder and working with transports to Thailand, I can say to you the following. And this is based on practical knowledge not on the laws in first hand.

For every shipment coming in to Thailand there are negotiations with the customs to determine the level of customs duty and the VAT to be paid to the thai customs.

These negotiations are being held between my customs broker that I am using, and the officer at the customs here. There is absolutely not a long and hard process, it is rather a quite easy and quick process.

But what you need is an experienced forwarder that knows what he is doing. I will PM you further information...

Glegolo

You don't really know what you are talking about, every container coming into Thailand will only be cleared after both duty, VAT and a few thousand baht have been paid. Do you really want to test my knowledge on this? The agent pays the bitches (customs) under the counter to get the clearance - that's for 100% of containers!!!

• Like 1

You don't really know what you are talking about, every container coming into Thailand will only be cleared after both duty, VAT and a few thousand baht have been paid. Do you really want to test my knowledge on this? The agent pays the bitches (customs) under the counter to get the clearance - that's for 100% of containers!!!

I do not want to argue with a man like you - knowing everything, yet not too much. What I say in my post and what you say in yours is about the same, isn´t it?? Or dont you understand my post??? I find it quite amusing to hear people like you talking about i.e. customs and how it works here in that respect.

Work for 44 years in the business and than start to talk..... And mind you manner lad!!

Glegolo

Ha-ha, I've been 33 years in the business of importing into Thailand - you never mentioned getting an import/export licence - under the counter payments - samples of goods disappearing , need i go on lad!!

I do not want to argue with a man like you - knowing everything, yet not too much. What I say in my post and what you say in yours is about the same, isn´t it?? Or dont you understand my post??? I find it quite amusing to hear people like you talking about i.e. customs and how it works here in that respect.

Work for 44 years in the business and than start to talk..... And mind you manner lad!!

Glegolo

Ha-ha, I've been 33 years in the business of importing into Thailand - you never mentioned getting an import/export licence - under the counter payments - samples of goods disappearing , need i go on lad!!

Hahaha we have got 77 years of experience than... maybe we should join forces.... is the word "negotiating" means anything to you mr "experienced importer". I have used that word a couple of times... Nevertheless, some people want to learn and some dont... Good luck with your 34th year..

Glegolo

Glegolo

Hahaha we have got 77 years of experience than... maybe we should join forces.... is the word "negotiating" means anything to you mr "experienced importer". I have used that word a couple of times... Nevertheless, some people want to learn and some dont... Good luck with your 34th year..

Glegolo

Get a room you two.

As being a freight forwarder and working with transports to Thailand, I can say to you the following. And this is based on practical knowledge not on the laws in first hand.

For every shipment coming in to Thailand there are negotiations with the customs to determine the level of customs duty and the VAT to be paid to the thai customs.

These negotiations are being held between my customs broker that I am using, and the officer at the customs here. There is absolutely not a long and hard process, it is rather a quite easy and quick process.

But what you need is an experienced forwarder that knows what he is doing. I will PM you further information...

Glegolo

Glegolo, if you don't mind, could you PM further information too, as i also ship regularly to Thailand and am looking for an easier route.

Thanks

Glegolo

Glegolo, if you don't mind, could you PM further information too, as i also ship regularly to Thailand and am looking for an easier route.

Thanks

Yes I will PM you right now.

Thanks

Glegolo

• Like 1

Maybe I am wrong but providing you correctly state what you are shipping and pay the correct duty I suspect you should have no issues,. If you wish to circumavigate the system, then you will be participating in a corrupt practice and have to grease palms.