Time Spent In Los

PREM-R

How Much Time Do You Spend In LoS Each Year  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thaivisa has around 27,000 members, as of 2nd March 2006. Some of you may make only a few posts, some post regularly and some seem to have post mania. I was wondering how much time TV members actually spend in LoS.

Is it "a couple of weeks a year" Regular visits on Business, Visits to family or Thai GF or do you live in Thailand Full Time.

I am not suggesting that people who spend just a short time in Los each year cannot provide useful and valid information and comment, but clearly if you are actually "in theatre" then you will have a perception of what is going off here that is different from receiving "third party" information from websites, Television, Newspapers etc.

many people browse and don't log on! You cant track those members! 27000 members is good in anyones books.

(and ive lived here for six and a half years now)

Edited by donna

Been traveling back and forwards on Holiday Jolys 2-3-4 times a year for over 30 years and quite like the place but actually living there ....O dont know.. :D ...its a bit too quiet..know wot I mean....

Promised K.Wife that I will call it a day when I am @ 60 and we will stay in Mae On (couple of interests..building a wee skool for the local wains/bairns..raising "smilly cows"breeding Dogs for sale...Eh..wot?) but just recently told her I also want a Coffee shop in Chiangers so I can read my daily newspaper in peace and quiet...in the manner that I am a customed to... :o

By that time our 3 nieces will have all left Uni so they can learn how to pour hot water into a cup and.......etc...and flog the stuff.....

many people browse and don't log on! You cant track those members! 27000 members is good in anyones books.

(and ive lived here for six and a half years now)

Yet you look so young, Donna.

Thanks Sing Sling. It must be my oil of olay!

Edited by donna

Thanks to everyone who has already voted in the poll. Can we get a few more votes?

Geez PREM-R, I have not seen you on here in ages. Just been lurking?

Anyway, to answer your question. I have been visiting LOS since Jan 1997. The first few years I was coming there 4-5 times a year for 2-3 weeks at a time. After I got the wife back to America with me in 2000, we have been going back about 2-3 times a year since then for about 3 weeks at a time.

I did not vote, for there is no option for me.

I lived in LOS full time for four and half years, with one short 4 month break in all that time.

I left July -04 to some out to my current distant home, here in Guate.

I have not yet returned to LOS, and I expect I'll prob put in a few years in Brazil soon, However, I'm still a child really, so I'm making the most. Once I'm thirty or thirty five, I intend to retire back to LOS. (and spend my days enjoying drinks with the Colonel again.

3 weeks in 2004. It’s hard to get away from work and I think I am going to have to retire from the current job and work as a consultant to have the amount of time we would like to spend in Thailand. 6 months in U.S. consulting and 6 months in Thailand vacationing would be nice to see if we really want to move there permanently.

I have been coming here since 1993 and I have worked here for about 5 of them and lived here full time since September 2001 with occaisional time out of country to work.

I am 61 and with a bit of luck I will be able to see my 19 month old son to University.

:o:D:D:D