Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200 Dlxp5) And 3G

joepattaya1961

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200 DLXP5) some time ago and after using AIS net sim for some time with absolute disappointing speeds, I decided to give True a try. The AIS speeds were 6kbps up to 2.5Mbps download.

Got a True sim card and applied for a 3G, GPRS/EDGE package with unlimited download up to 3G with a max. speed of 42Mbps.

Unfortunately, I'm only offered GRPS/EDGE with a speed of maybe 60Kbps down and 100Kbps upload.

According to the True staff, my tablet doesn't match with their package.

Is it a True problem, a Samsung problem......an Android update issue? I'm running on Android 4.0.1. (Ice Cream?).

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200 DLXP5) some time ago and after using AIS net sim for some time with absolute disappointing speeds, I decided to give True a try. The AIS speeds were 6kbps up to 2.5Mbps download.

Got a True sim card and applied for a 3G, GPRS/EDGE package with unlimited download up to 3G with a max. speed of 42Mbps.

Unfortunately, I'm only offered GRPS/EDGE with a speed of maybe 60Kbps down and 100Kbps upload.

According to the True staff, my tablet doesn't match with their package.

Is it a True problem, a Samsung problem......an Android update issue? I'm running on Android 4.0.1. (Ice Cream?).

Your Tab does not have 850mhz 3G. The frequency that True 3h currently uses. Later in the year it may work on the new system on 2100mhz.

Unfortunately your P6200 only supports 900/1900/2100 MHz 3G.

TrueMove H and DTAC/Happy currently offer 3G on 850 MHz, so if you have a TrueMove or TrueMove H SIM you will only be able to get GSM data (2G: GPRS/EDGE).

AIS/One-2-Call does currently offer 3G on 900 MHz. They also have a roaming agreement with TOT. AIS's network is over-subscribed and many people complain about 3G capacity and performance.

TOT offers 3G on 2100 MHz, both directly and through a number of resellers (aka MVNOs).

http://www.tot3g.net/Home.aspx

Tune Talk (an MVNO from Malayasia, part of the Tony Fernandes/Air Asia empire) has just started here as a TOT MVNO through local partner Loxley who previously had the iKool MVNO brand with TOT, so you could try them. Not sure how far along they are with availability.

http://www.tunetalk.com/th/

Samart is also rebranding/re-launching iMobile Plus (was iMobile 3GX) as a TOT MVNO.

http://www.i-mobile3gx.com/main/

Just recently TrueMove, AIS and DTAC secured 2100 MHz 3G spectrum via an auction. They should start rolling those services out, maybe as early as April, but it is not clear how each may package this new service. AIS has said they want to transition at least 25% of their current 900 MHz customers over to 2100 MHz as quickly as possible as they can save money as they will not have to pay a concession fee on this revenue. In theory, providers will want to migrate their highest ARPU customers (post-paid, data) sooner, again to maximize profitability. So, 2100 MHz may not necessarily be available early on as a pre-paid service, but this is pure conjecture on my part.