Pre Sale "the Astra" Starts Tmrw.

kalbo123

"Will it be sold out within a day like the Supalai?"

You don't really believe that do you?

Went there a few days after they started the pre sale of Supalai.

SOLD OUT!

So no reason not to believe it,why would/t they sell me a unit.

What might be true is that some people bought a few apartments purely based on speculation, but thats another story,

"Will it be sold out within a day like the Supalai?"

You don't really believe that do you?

Went there a few days after they started the pre sale of Supalai.

SOLD OUT!

So no reason not to believe it,why would/t they sell me a unit.

What might be true is that some people bought a few apartments purely based on speculation, but thats another story,

You fell for one of the oldest marketing strategies of all time. We often use the same strategy in our business for the sole purpose of driving the prices up!laugh.png

Don't believe everything you are told; especially in Thailand.

Edited by elektrified

Against all logic and experience as a successful businessman but yet again:

sold out in one afternoon........................

It's all a sales trick according to a previous poster

They still have plenty of apartments, they just pretent they don't have them.

Also al the people I saw buying apartments yesterday are part of the scam.

Chiang mai is not booming it's all fake.

It's all a sales trick according to a previous poster

They still have plenty of apartments, they just pretent they don't have them.

Also al the people I saw buying apartments yesterday are part of the scam.

Chiang mai is not booming it's all fake.

Much as I distrust post like that one a part of me wants to say true.

that is my common sense part.

How many units do they have and how many people were there in the afternoon. Would have been a real crowd.

Not a trick its called staggered launch and common in property markets to gauge interest and possible returns

Launch at one price all snapped ...released 2nd batch next weekend / month and make more $$$ and then the 3rd and then final phase

Sound way to hedge your losses For the developer

Wow, so the bubble hasn't burst yet! Actually my favorite analogy is the one used to describe the global financial meltdown--Everybody was Cinderella and everybody knew midnight was coming, but nobody wanted to stop dancing while the music was playing.

I wonder how many people know they are building or buying into a condo bubble, but don't want to miss out while the bubble is still inflating?

• Like 1

You can take an educated guess as to when you're in a bubble just by checking to see if real estate prices are in line with local annual income, local rental prices, and a sanity check on how much a similar amount of money will buy elsewhere. Not enouigh people did these things in Japan or southern California in the late 1980's, or in much of the first world leading up to 2007.

Local income: Six million baht, which seems to be a typical price for a "luxury" condo, is more than twenty times the annual income of young college graduates just starting out in Chiang Mai, and even more out of reach for the average Thai without a degree. Granted there will always be a market for some expensive condos, but an awfu lot of high end condos are being built.

Rental: A few people may be able to rent these six million baht condos at rates that justify the price, but I suspect there will be more sob stories than success stories in the rental market. I'm renting a nice, 76 sq meter condo for less than a quarter of what the payments on a six million baht loan would be.

Comparable other markets: Is there any place inland in Thailand, other than Bangkok, with real estate prices like Chiang Mai? I think if you do some research you will find that the equivalent of six million baht will buy larger, nices condos or houses in most medium size inland cites all over the world.

Real estate values have gone up a lot in the last fifteen years in Chaing Mai, they are now at first world levels in a country that is still a developing nation economically. That doesn't mean real estate prices can only go up, that means they're past due for a fall. And I think the local building frenzy is a bad sign.

• Like 1

There's a certain amount of manic behavior in any real estate market where monthly rental prices more than double in three years. I'm seeing that happen. The room I first rented for 5500 (six month's lease to get the low price) just went back on the market with a fresh floor, a 13,500 per month price tag, and one year minimum lease. I'm familiar with other buildings where the same sort of thing is happening. Just scan the real estate ads in the local paper, and it's easy to see there's been a big price jump in the housing market for people who require English advertising.

The Thais I know who rent continue to rely on the regular market, which has remained very stable over the same time period.

Edited by anselpixel

6 million baht condos would be very high-end though. That buys a very nice big house, not sure why anyone would blow that on a condo. (I can see it if regular houses and land come at a premium, like in big cities, but not for a place like Chiang Mai where there's no shortage of available land for residential purposes.)

I don't think I'm far off when guessing that the vast majority of condo accommodation is of the small to very small category; one room with a kitchenette; MAYBE one tiny bedroom. So in the 1.5-2.5 mil baht range. That price level more or less makes sense, because houses in that range wouldn't be downtown or would be small townhouses.

• Like 1

Wow, so the bubble hasn't burst yet! Actually my favorite analogy is the one used to describe the global financial meltdown--Everybody was Cinderella and everybody knew midnight was coming, but nobody wanted to stop dancing while the music was playing.

I wonder how many people know they are building or buying into a condo bubble, but don't want to miss out while the bubble is still inflating?

+1

6 million baht condos would be very high-end though. That buys a very nice big house, not sure why anyone would blow that on a condo. (I can see it if regular houses and land come at a premium, like in big cities, but not for a place like Chiang Mai where there's no shortage of available land for residential purposes.)

I don't think I'm far off when guessing that the vast majority of condo accommodation is of the small to very small category; one room with a kitchenette; MAYBE one tiny bedroom. So in the 1.5-2.5 mil baht range. That price level more or less makes sense, because houses in that range wouldn't be downtown or would be small townhouses.

They are building (quite poorly I might add) cheap condos or apartments/shopfronts out in the sticks in Mae Jo. I was out there last night and had a look around. Asking price: 5.5 million THB. Who would buy a concrete box with no land out in the sticks for that price? When will we be in the bubble if not already?

BTW, is this Astra place in Mae Jo? I must have counted 30 signs for the Astra on small country roads all over Mae Jo. LOL sold out in one day. Right! Hahaha.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

I met with them 2-3 weeks ago

4th floor 65k/M2

18th floor 130,000 Baht/M2

500 units

Would anyone really pay 4.875 million THB for a [for example] 75 m2 concrete box on the 4th Floor or 9.750 million THB for a 75 m2 concrete box on the 18th Floor? Who would want to live amongst what -- 1,000 or more other people (500 units)??? It would be like living in a hotel. What a horrible way to live!

• Like 2

They are building (quite poorly I might add) cheap condos or apartments/shopfronts out in the sticks in Mae Jo. I was out there last night and had a look around. Asking price: 5.5 million THB. Who would buy a concrete box with no land out in the sticks for that price? When will we be in the bubble if not already?

BTW, is this Astra place in Mae Jo? I must have counted 30 signs for the Astra on small country roads all over Mae Jo. LOL sold out in one day. Right! Hahaha.

You raise another concern: Are these condos being built to last, or only built well enough to look good until the units are sold? I don't know, and I don't know how to find out.

If I were in the market for a luxury condo I'd seriously consider buying something in a building that has been standing for a number of years without unusual maintenance problems, and with a reputation for being reasonably well managed. I'd then remodel what I purchased to my tastes.