Pre Sale "the Astra" Starts Tmrw.

kalbo123

Rich chinese are coming on cars touring and also sending their kids to school in Chiangmai, more than expected tourist in Bangkok during this CNY period.........Are they going to rent for their kids to study or buy? China property in main city already got quite a big bubble but still going........Bubble in Thailand may be there but think still some time to go after the Chinese finish their shopping.

I met with them 2-3 weeks ago

4th floor 65k/M2

18th floor 130,000 Baht/M2

500 units

Would anyone really pay 4.875 million THB for a [for example] 75 m2 concrete box on the 4th Floor or 9.750 million THB for a 75 m2 concrete box on the 18th Floor? Who would want to live amongst what -- 1,000 or more other people (500 units)??? It would be like living in a hotel. What a horrible way to live!

Well we are not all antisocal. Some of us have had the houses with the yards and all that goes with it. But as we age we find that are wants and needs change. We no longer need the upkeep that goes with a house and yard. We are mored interested in being where the upkeep is minamal. We no longer have kids to plan are life around and we can pay more attention to are own likes. Not every bodes cup of tee.

I do wonder though when I hear people putting it down why would they look down on another what others like? Maybe they feel unsatisfied with what they have and are unable to upgrade what they have so to make them selves feel better they condemn others. I have no idea. All I know is I don't want what they consider the be all to end all. Had it don't want it any more. Has nothing to do with any one else as well as what they want has nothing to do with me.wai2.gif

• Like 1

location seems great ... not as trendy as niman but rentable investment for short stay tourists i presume (can always benchmark prices off shangrila !). i think house in chiang mai is much nicer if you live there, but as a vacation home, the 'lock-n-leave' idea of a centrally located condo is very appealing (price aside).

• 4 months later...

Astra was sold out half February, now its July, they haven't start building yet.

Did anyone buy there? And know why they don't start building. I have noticed that on other sold out building projects the building also did not start and given the avarage speed of building here it will take years before those buildings are finished

If they are finished at all.

• Like 1

I've been following, albeit very loosly, the housing here and it certainly looks like a bubble to these amateur eyes. When I ride around town and into the countryside, the thing that strikes me is how many places are empty and abandoned and how many end up with minimal maintenance so that everything around looks like hell. I'm not saying that all condos or housing developments here end up that way but a lot certainly do.

Maybe the CM population is exploding, the traffic sure seems to indicate that, but I just don't see how it can support the massive construction that is taking place.

And China is sitting on its own housing bubble. The Chinese could be flocking here by the tens of thousands and buying up every condo that springs up but when thing inevitably pop there, the money is going to dry out here. I would really hate to end up in my brand new luxury condo that's loaded with abandoned units and suddenly my water stops working.

So anyway, good luck to everybody that's buying and I really wish you well. But I've lived through a few bubbles and everything always looked awesome right before it went to hell so I'll just stand to the side and pay rent. And maybe I'll kick myself in 10 years.

Just yesterday, driving around we saw a number of partially completed condo and moobaan projects that were very busy with construction only 2 weeks ago, completely abandoned, all equipment gone, Burmese camps disassembled, etc. Looks like a number of projects have already ground to a halt. No surprise there. They probably started with the money they got from selling a couple of units, never sold anymore and went belly up and abandoned ship. Looks exactly the same as it did when I was in the South of Spain last...just at the start of the housing bubble.

Just yesterday, driving around we saw a number of partially completed condo and moobaan projects that were very busy with construction only 2 weeks ago, completely abandoned, all equipment gone, Burmese camps disassembled, etc. Looks like a number of projects have already ground to a halt. No surprise there. They probably started with the money they got from selling a couple of units, never sold anymore and went belly up and abandoned ship.

Surely the entire amount isn't due right away, before they even started building.. Deposits, sure, but not the entire amount.

Just yesterday, driving around we saw a number of partially completed condo and moobaan projects that were very busy with construction only 2 weeks ago, completely abandoned, all equipment gone, Burmese camps disassembled, etc. Looks like a number of projects have already ground to a halt. No surprise there. They probably started with the money they got from selling a couple of units, never sold anymore and went belly up and abandoned ship.

Surely the entire amount isn't due right away, before they even started building.. Deposits, sure, but not the entire amount.

Yes of course you are right.

Supalai is, as they promote, sold out. However, they still NOT have the needed building permits and go to court weekly trying to convince the judges. Heard a few days ago they even not own the land, just lease it. Not sure about this though.

• 3 weeks later...

Been to the Astra yesterday, last February they where sold out, but now plenty condo's available.

Reason, no building permit yet!

Some of the first buyers got the depost back.

Expensive, starting price 80.000B a Sqm. (Not fully furnished)

Asked when they start building.

Maybe next month, or September, orherwise before the end of this year.

re

Asked when they start building.

Maybe next month, or September, orherwise before the end of this year.

or next year ? sad.png

i walked past it a few weeks ago and theyve not

even started digging the foundations yet !

dave2

post-42592-0-65156100-1374113893_thumb.j

B80,000 a sq meter is a rip off price anyway for Chiang Mai .You can get a new build down in Jomtien ,800 meters from the sea at B 35-40,000 a sq meter . ( ie,Park Lane and Paradise Park ,Soi Wat Boom ,Jomtien ,Chonburi )

• Like 1

re

and maybe never will...

but .. but .. but .. they have to !

where else are all the tourists thronging from reyong industrial province going to stay when the new high speed railway connects reyong to chiang mai ?

BANGKOK, July 2 The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) signed an agreement with a consultant firm to conduct a feasibility study for the countrys first high speed rail project from Bangkok to the eastern seaboard province of Rayong.

SRT governor Prapas Chongsa-nguan said Monday that the study should take 14 months while bids for the construction should be called early next year.

The initial project will link Bangkok, starting at Suvarnabhumi airport, and Rayong, while the next phase will involve an extension to the easternmost province of Trat.

Mr Prapas said the route is short, to be built mainly on SRT land, requiring minimal land expropriation. Service should begin in 2019.

The high speed rail link, a project under the governments Bt2 trillion infrastructure investment programme, will extend 221 km from Bangkok to Rayong. When in operation the new rail service will take only an hour and 15 minutes at a speed of 250 km per hour.

The entire project will cost Bt100.631 billion with stations in Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Pattaya and Rayong, after which it may extend to Trat if feasible.

An estimated average of 30,000 passengers, mainly tourists, will travel per day on the high speed train in the first year. (MCOT online news)

-- TNA 2013-07-02

dave2

pic .. doi suthep 5 minits ago !

post-42592-0-89431900-1374121275_thumb.j