"trendy" Condo Building, Sukhumwit

I'm no construction expert, but it looks to me like work has *stopped* on Trendy (Sukh 13), a large ambitious re-fit of the former Ambassador Hotel building. Yeah you'll see an occassional head moving along up there, but they aren't doing anything.

My neighbor has signed and paid for a 2-br unit up there, he told me it would be ready this coming April... not a happy camper.

I'm no construction expert, but it looks to me like work has *stopped* on Trendy (Sukh 13), a large ambitious re-fit of the former Ambassador Hotel building. Yeah you'll see an occassional head moving along up there, but they aren't doing anything.

My neighbor has signed and paid for a 2-br unit up there, he told me it would be ready this coming April... not a happy camper.

...maybe the construction workers have been drawn away to the new airport? In that case expect them back late June. Or August. Maybe December 6, year yet to be announced...

...maybe the construction workers have been drawn away to the new airport? In that case expect them back late June. Or August. Maybe December 6, year yet to be announced...

Caveat Emptor! (and see the thread on the Regent Residences.)

Think work has been pretty much stalled at the Trendy for a long time. IF it gets finished, would guess it will be 2 years late.

I'm sure someone can offer some excuses on behalf of the Grande Asset mob, but personally I'd guess that construction workers are not at work due to the fact that contractors are as a rule not inclined to get the job done if they're not being paid.

At least in the case of the Regent Residences, if it does eventuallly all get finished as originally designed, it will be a spectacular building for those who put their money down to enjoy. Unfortunately the Trendy will be far from spectacular even in the best case scenario. It is beyond my comprehension why anyone would put their money down on that in advance of it being completed.