Aussie Abruptly Leaps To Death After Thai Gf Splits

Lite Beer

Aussie Abruptly Leaps To Death After Thai GF Splits

A 45-year-old Australian man abandoned by his Thai girlfriend leaped from the 6th floor of a Surin hotel. He had been looking for her at the hotel but did not find her. The maid later saw the man arguing loudly on his cellphone. Then he flung it away and leaped off the balcony. He died later in the hospital.

SURIN – February 13, 2013 [PDN]; at 11:00 a.m., a report of a foreigner jumping from the newsjs6th floor of a hotel and landing beside the restaurant near the swimming pool was received by the Surin police station.

Rushing to inspect the scene were Pol. Lt. Col. Prakij Leuangvilai, Deputy Superintendent; and Pol. Capt. Saenghiran Kaewdee; along with the officers of Naranethorn Surin center and the Surin volunteer rescuers.

The incident occurred at the Pechkasem hotel, Jitbamroon road, Tambon Nai Meuang, Amphur Meuang, Surin province.

At the scene, police found the severely injured body of the foreign man on the concrete surface. There was a big wound on his head that was bleeding heavily, and his left leg was broken. Rescue officers performed emergency first aid and rushed him to Surin Center hospital.

Officers inspecting the scene saw a big hole in the roof of the restaurant near the swimming pool that was made by the falling body. The officers went to inspect the 6th floor balcony and found the man’s shoes, wallet and a many cigarette butts smoked by the victim.

The wallet contained the identity card of the foreigner who jumped off from the building. He was identified as Mr. Anthony J. Scarrabelotti, age 45, nationality Australian.

Full Story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/02/14/aussie-abruptly-leaps-to-death-after-thai-gf-splits/

--Pattaya Daily News 2013-02-14

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand - The hub for low self-esteem foreigners trying unsuccessfully to run away from themselves ... very sad.

Agreed. But sad? More like pitiful or pathetic. I can't dole out a genuine "sad" for someone who pisses on the gift of life in such a useless and selfish way. It's a pity party and a F.U. to the people he deceived into thinking they were his friends. Friends get calls when the person who befriends them is down and out. Suicide is like murdering yourself. He didn't even have time to let them know he was down and out. That's not sad. Same goes with the Japanese man, who gets his surname protected but not this man. Odd that.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

How long had she been his "girlfriend"? It's like the Japansese guy doing himself in because a hooker didn't turn up.

No disrespect to the deceased, but I'm not buying it. There has to be more to this.

Reason for edit: can't spell.

Edited by sfbandung

"Later that day at 5:50 p.m., Mr. Anthony could not endure his severe wounds so he died. The doctor and nurses tried to keep him alive, but he had severe wounds at many places of his bones, and his lung was pierced by a broken bone, which made him lose a lot of blood"

Ok, it's better than I could do in Thai, but only just.

Edited by sfbandung

UPDATE

Man searching for girlfriend dies in fall from Thailand hotel balcony

SURIN: -- An Australian man "broken hearted" over the loss of his Thai girlfriend, has died after plunging from a hotel balcony in northeast Thailand.

Anthony J Scarrabelotti, 44, from NSW, died from injuries sustained after falling from a sixth-storey hotel balcony in Surin, 490 kilometres from Bangkok.

Scarrabelotti survived the initial fall and was rushed to the nearby Surin General Hospital but died late on Wednesday from heavy loss of blood, a punctured lung and multiple internal injuries.

Hotel staff said the Australian was not a resident at the Pechkasem Hotel but had been searching for his girlfriend there.

Full story; http://www.theaustra...f-1226578405616

-- THE AUSTRALIAN 2013-02-15

UPDATE

Man searching for girlfriend dies in fall from Thailand hotel balcony

SURIN: -- An Australian man "broken hearted" over the loss of his Thai girlfriend, has died after plunging from a hotel balcony in northeast Thailand.

Anthony J Scarrabelotti, 44, from NSW, died from injuries sustained after falling from a sixth-storey hotel balcony in Surin, 490 kilometres from Bangkok.

Scarrabelotti survived the initial fall and was rushed to the nearby Surin General Hospital but died late on Wednesday from heavy loss of blood, a punctured lung and multiple internal injuries.

Hotel staff said the Australian was not a resident at the Pechkasem Hotel but had been searching for his girlfriend there.

Full story; http://www.theaustra...f-1226578405616

-- THE AUSTRALIAN 2013-02-15

Was the girlfriend and employee of the hotel or a Guest?

Why do people jump here so often.

By definition, there should be more jumpers in their home country. Relationships end all the time, so why do so many jump in Thailand?

it could be that some have come in search of love and companionship and fall heavily for a bargirl who says you are so handsom and I love you. When he suspects or finds out that she still has other punters then it is to much to bare. This guy "May Have" come to suprise his girlfriend on Valentines day and she wasn't expecting him.

I am not saying this is all the cases but I suspect it may play out in a few.

Why do people jump here so often.

By definition, there should be more jumpers in their home country. Relationships end all the time, so why do so many jump in Thailand?

it could be that some have come in search of love and companionship and fall heavily for a bargirl who says you are so handsom and I love you. When he suspects or finds out that she still has other punters then it is to much to bare. This guy "May Have" come to suprise his girlfriend on Valentines day and she wasn't expecting him.

I am not saying this is all the cases but I suspect it may play out in a few.

I feel desperately sad for anyone who gets so depressed over such a thing that they feel that they need to kill themselves. But, we don't read about people flinging themselves off buildings in Australia or Britain everyday because they break up with a girlfried.

• Like 1

Jumping off the 6th floor is a scary number, more likely to end up in intensive care and a lifetime in a wheel chair...

From the story in the Australian:

He thought his girlfriend had somebody (in the room) and has a broken heart,” a Thai staff member said"

What a shocking piece of news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who would have dreamed of this scenario ??

Wonder if it was a new punter or the Thai boyfriend.......I swear the airlines should have some kind of video

on the flights coming here warning guys about the girls here..... :-)

Regarding jumping suicides here in Thailand, somebody once did a statistical analysis of jumping suicides in Pattaya compared

to every other resort type cities in the world. The numbers that came out were way way out of kilter, showing either many people love

to come here to kill themselves, or they have been assisted..... Not much detail on this jump. Wonder if the staff directly saw him jump.

What a complete goombah. Any guy who offs himself over a woman is completely lost. He may be beyond redemption. Why not simply go out and find another? She was probably a bargirl, or a go-go dancer. What a fool. It may sound cold, but it is hard for me to have compassion for this tiny minded imitation man. The level of emasculation he allowed himself to be reduced to, is an embarrassment to the all men. Get a life. Well, maybe in his next incarnation he will be able to finally become a man.

• Like 2