Sriphat Hospital Chiang Mai Cesarean

Steveyf

Hello All.

Has anyone had any experience with this hospital, i have heard good things said but my girlfriend is scheduled there for a cesarean and i have just been informed that i will not be allowed in the room during the procedure, this has somewhat upset me quite a bit, i intend fully intend too confront the doctor as to why this is but before i turn into a bull in a china shop (which i want to avoid) has anyone had this experience with Sriphat and had a different result ?

i have read that others have been in a similar situation and confronted the doctor and eventually been able to attend his wife's side, and i have also read that someone just walked into the operating room,

any advice much appreciated, but finding another doctor is most likely out of the question given the late stages of her pregnancy.

if someone has had luck do they have the name of the doctor that allowed them in ?

My wife had an unplanned cesarean there earlier in the week. I sat outside as told, with it being unplanned, I just ended up going with it.

After-care was very good for both baby and mother, home just 3 days later, my wife couldn't speak highly enough of the nurses, though the food was apparently terrible.

Not sure if it is normal - my baby was a little premature and started off in an incubator - but I wasn't allowed near the baby for the first two days, she was in an incubator and only mum was allowed in the nursery with her.

If I'd have pressured a little, I may have had my way and been more involved, but all the way through the pregnancy the men were kept on the sidelines so I figured I could wait a few days for them to get home.

first of congratulations on you'r new arrival,

just so im clear, you were not allowed to see your baby for the first 2 days of it's life ? or just not allowed to hold

Thanks, she is wonderful.

Allowed to see only from behind glass for 2 days.

Edited by naboo

In government hospitals this is the norm. Even for normal delivery, father not allowed in. One reason has to do with protecting the privacy of other patients as there is sometimes more than one woman delivering at the same time and in the same suite. Probably would not be the case with a c-section, but in general the facilities are not well set up to accomodate an outsider without getting in the way fo the flow of essential personnel and exposing other patients.

In private hospitals it is up to the doctor, father can be present if he agrees, and some will (though many will find the request odd).

If it is important to you to be there (and if your GF agrees), then consider a private hospital and look for a doctor who will be supportive of the idea. It will cost more though.

Hello All.

Has anyone had any experience with this hospital, i have heard good things said but my girlfriend is scheduled there for a cesarean and i have just been informed that i will not be allowed in the room during the procedure, this has somewhat upset me quite a bit, i intend fully intend too confront the doctor as to why this is but before i turn into a bull in a china shop (which i want to avoid) has anyone had this experience with Sriphat and had a different result ?

i have read that others have been in a similar situation and confronted the doctor and eventually been able to attend his wife's side, and i have also read that someone just walked into the operating room,

any advice much appreciated, but finding another doctor is most likely out of the question given the late stages of her pregnancy.

if someone has had luck do they have the name of the doctor that allowed them in ?

I guess you are a Doctor!

Hello All.

I guess you are a Doctor!

i guess you live in chiang mai