"love" In Los

swissie

As far as this is concerned, a quote from Guenther Ruffert, that was a columnist in a german-speaking monthly newspaper comes to mind:

One day he asked his Thai-wife of many years the question: "Do you love me?"

The reply: "Of course I love you. You take good care of me and my family, so why should I not love you?"

- This is only to display, that "Love" may be perceived a bit different by a Thai, as opposed to a farangs understanding of "love". So, Farangs with matrimonial intentions may want to keep this in mind.

Cheers.

• Like 1

depends of coarse on the individual, you cannot say a thai does this, or thais feel that.

If it was the case that all thais were by nature the same, just close your eyes step outside and pick a woman after all if there all the same it should not matter right.

some are looking for walking welfare checks as you are trying to indicate through your disgustingly rude and ignorant semi rascist thread, others do love there man, god help mine if she isnt in love because i have never had much in the way of money to offer her, had to borrow money from her parents 4 times in the past.

you know you post is really rascist and rude.

we look after each other, she never walks around with her hand out.

depends of coarse on the individual, you cannot say a thai does this, or thais feel that.

If it was the case that all thais were by nature the same, just close your eyes step outside and pick a woman after all if there all the same it should not matter right.

some are looking for walking welfare checks as you are trying to indicate through your disgustingly rude and ignorant semi rascist thread, others do love there man, god help mine if she isnt in love because i have never had much in the way of money to offer her, had to borrow money from her parents 4 times in the past.

I don't understand. Do you think he's having a go at Germans? You don't need to take it as a personal slight on your own relationship - I didn't even know you were German. Your English is quite good, which I suppose should've been a giveaway...

SC

• Like 1

I don't understand. Do you think he's having a go at Germans? You don't need to take it as a personal slight on your own relationship - I didn't even know you were German. Your English is quite good, which I suppose should've been a giveaway...

SC

no, isnt he saying all thais are the same and only love if you look after them, they dont love like we love.

only if they are recieving, thats what it seems like, it looks anti thai.

- This is only to display, that "Love" may be perceived a bit different by a Thai, as opposed to a farangs understanding of "love". So, Farangs with matrimonial intentions may want to keep this in mind.

this part in red says it all, did you all miss that part, thais dont see any thing such as love in any particular way, each is an individual.

this is saying thais, that means thais as a whole, its exactly what i said it was.

Had this conversation with 3 Fili working girls over dinner in KL back in 2011, and they were scathing. Apparently Filipino guys are very good at 'love' right up until there is a baby to care for, then they make themselves very scarce. Of course, that could be the Fili version of 'Thai man no good', but it had a ring of truth to it. Not much use telling someone you love them unless you are prepared to back it up.

The next time you and your best mate get drunk and he tells you he 'loves' you, ask him if you can borrow 10K baht. Love. like all talk, seems to be very cheap ;)

Edited by MrWorldwide
  • Like 1

Picking up on the OP's title "love" in Los and the (assumed) dissapointed German coloumist writing.

Maybe it's better to have penned ... (better to) be Loved in Los ... then never loved at all ... biggrin.png

Everyone is different, even Thai ladies. Should not cast all as being the same. coffee1.gif

Let all who have lost love in Los cast the first stone?

Edited by David48

SC

no, isnt he saying all thais are the same and only love if you look after them, they dont love like we love.

I didn't interpret it that way. I thought he was saying that a Thai might view a relationship differently from a farang. I'd always assumed that one farang might view a relationship differently from another, so I was scarcely surprised that someone from a different race and culture might view the relationship differently as well. I didn't really pick up on the generalising universality of his post. Maybe I didn't read it carefully enough.

I sometimes feel as if a lot of people on this forum view the world solely on an "us" and "them" basis and that everything can be attributed to the differences between Thais and farangs. I used to be like that, until I got to know one or two, and got involved in their conversations and their work, and it turns out civil engineering is actually pretty interesting and complicated; it's not just mixing concrete, and there's lots of diversity within the civil engineering profession as well.

Anyway, rather than condemning each others' stereotypes, or accusing one another of racism or whatever because we have our stereotypes, it might be more useful to see why Thais might see the family support thing as more important than you or I; let's face it - if they did not, many of our members would be happily married in their home countries, rather than having to traipse half-way round the globe to be close to their in-laws; and equally, if family was so important, they would refuse to do so, and would be back with their clan in the glens of Bavaria or wherever.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

Does anybody recognize this/

GOLDE:

Do I love him?

For twenty five years I've lived with him,

Fought with him,

Starved with him,

Twenty five years--

My bed is his,

If that's not love, what is?

TEVYE:

Then you love me?

GOLDE:

I suppose I do

TEVYE:

And I suppose I love you too

BOTH

It doesn't change a thing, but even so,

After twenty five years,

It's nice to know.

Nobody has been able to adequately explain what "Love" actually is.

We can love our children

We can love our parents

We can love our friends

We can love our spouse or boyfriend/girl friend

We have gay love and heterosexual love

We could also love someone who has taken care of us such as an aunt or grandmother. Or, in the case of many Thai woman, the farang who has provided for her needs in many ways.

there is of course, sexual attraction, which may or may not be part of a marriage.

You may have read it all wrong. Nothing racist or rude about it. It's about different cultures, different upbringing, different priorities in life.

In a nutshell: Love in europe is more associated with "romance". Around here it's more associated with who is a good "provider" and who is not. Farangs can make extremly good "providers".

Once a farang has established a good track-record as a reliable "provider", he has much love coming. Until.....

Cheers.

• Like 1

You may have read it all wrong. Nothing racist or rude about it. It's about different cultures, different upbringing, different priorities in life.

In a nutshell: Love in europe is more associated with "romance". Around here it's more associated with who is a good "provider" and who is not. Farangs can make extremly good "providers".

Once a farang has established a good track-record as a reliable "provider", he has much love coming. Until.....

Cheers.

you just said it, you just confirmed it, you wrote he has much love coming until.

like the ts its insinuating they are all out for mainly the money, and again you like him are putting all thais in the same square.

that is an insult to thais in any language.

Should one then ask the question, how should a German wished to loved?

The Thai lady in question was assured of her answer ... is there a fault in her reply?

yes that is already the best answer a German can expect :-)

The answer would be more hard if she would have asked him, if he love her or his car more.

Cheers.

you just said it, you just confirmed it, you wrote he has much love coming until.

like the ts its insinuating they are all out for mainly the money, and again you like him are putting all thais in the same square.

that is an insult to thais in any language.

How come you are so sensitive about generalizing when talking about thais but not about farangs?

Of course everyone is different but there are many things in common, specially if you generalize by area, gender, etc. Actually you should have been pissed off by the guy putting farangs in the same bag when we come from so many countries and cultures as opposed to Thai people

@Swissie: You stated a quotation in your OP. Shame that therefore you cannot defend the issue you raised.

I admire a girl who says she loves you and also explains why she loves you. In the west the girls just say i love you and don't explain..

Girls who define their words clearly are more attractive to me.

Edited by Dancealot

Every individual is different. The Thai women the OP refers to are those at the lower end of the socio-economic scale where a man's ability to provide is often - but not always - considered more important and useful than the personality traits (or lack thereof) that we, as Westerners, associate with being "lovable" or "love-worthy".

As long as he's not a paedo or a serial-killer, he'll do.

There are millions of ordinary Thai women whose idea of "love" is more or less the same as ours; it's just that most foreign guys don't get to meet them.

Cheers mate you saved me the time of having to type a post.

Every individual is different. The Thai women the OP refers to are those at the lower end of the socio-economic scale where a man's ability to provide is often - but not always - considered more important and useful than the personality traits (or lack thereof) that we, as Westerners, associate with being "lovable" or "love-worthy".

There are millions of ordinary Thai women whose idea of "love" is more or less the same as ours; it's just that most foreign guys don't get to meet them.

You are lazy in expressing yourself, MCA

• Like 1

You are lazy in expressing yourself, MCA

Me lazy? I'll have you know that posting on TVF whilst taking a shit in the bog and eating a bacon sarnie all at the same time is in honour of time and motion guru Frederick Winslow Taylor and not because I'm a slob.

• Like 1

Raceist might be the wrong word for it. A man trying to make a topic on a forum where that is incuraged should not be called raceist unless it is 100% obvious. Rather than such a comment use your wit and show him how that is a general grouping and not everyone in any country is like that.

Lets be honest it happens everywhere. I have been in Rome and seen this with a stunning looking lady and a guy who dwarfs me in body weight get out of his Maz and are holding hands. Maybe I am wrong and he is the nicest guy in the world but maybe its the Maz and the 20k watch on his wrist. /Shrug life is what you make of it no need bashing anothers views as they might only wish you to see how they view things no matter if it is right or wrong in your eyes.