"love" In Los

swissie

The reply: "Of course I love you. You take good care of me and my family, so why should I not love you?"

What's wrong with that answer? Maybe the woman just could not express herself better and what meant could be "I love you, because I feel comfortable with you, because you have a good heart, because you always help me when I need, because you are my second half for a good life". Would that not be a good answer to describe +love"?

if you would be requested to describe why you love your wife... what would you say? Is it her look, her character, her cooking, her care for you, her washing, the sex you have with her, her care for your parents?

"Love" is difficult to describe. My wife loves me because I care for her and her daughters (not mainly financial care...), because I talk with her and listen to her, because I am always polite and nice and do not raise my voice... and many other things...

so again: what's wrong with that senctence? Absolutely nothing, IF you guys can for a minute separate "taking care" from "giving money"...

The reply: "Of course I love you. You take good care of me and my family, so why should I not love you?"

What's wrong with that answer? Maybe the woman just could not express herself better and what meant could be "I love you, because I feel comfortable with you, because you have a good heart, because you always help me when I need, because you are my second half for a good life". Would that not be a good answer to describe +love"?

if you would be requested to describe why you love your wife... what would you say? Is it her look, her character, her cooking, her care for you, her washing, the sex you have with her, her care for your parents?

"Love" is difficult to describe. My wife loves me because I care for her and her daughters (not mainly financial care...), because I talk with her and listen to her, because I am always polite and nice and do not raise my voice... and many other things...

so again: what's wrong with that senctence? Absolutely nothing, IF you guys can for a minute separate "taking care" from "giving money"...

Love is difficult to describe, according to Thai understanding especially.

Make the test: Step in front of a large mirror alongside with your Wife/ Gf. Then look at what you see. You: A pot-bellied farang with rings arond your eyes. She: Past her prime, a few wrinkles in her face, but otherwise the body of a 25 year old European- Chick. Amazing, isen,t it?

The more it must come into effect: "of course I love you because you take care of me and my family".

Want to do the mirror test again and face the music (or reality?).

Cheers.

Love is difficult to describe, according to Thai understanding especially.

Make the test: Step in front of a large mirror alongside with your Wife/ Gf. Then look at what you see. You: A pot-bellied farang with rings arond your eyes. She: Past her prime, a few wrinkles in her face, but otherwise the body of a 25 year old European- Chick. Amazing, isen,t it?

The more it must come into effect: "of course I love you because you take care of me and my family".

Want to do the mirror test again and face the music (or reality?).

Cheers.

Your in Europe it seems. coffee1.gif

I'd like to think that if I was with or married to a Thai woman and wanted to know if she loved me, I'd pay far more attention to what she did and how she did it than to how she articulated a verbal response.

Must admit that love regarding my mrs is sometimes trying COS shit from her family is always in the picture of our life BUT there are times where all is revealed and thumbsup.gif .

Every individual is different. The Thai women the OP refers to are those at the lower end of the socio-economic scale where a man's ability to provide is often - but not always - considered more important and useful than the personality traits (or lack thereof) that we, as Westerners, associate with being "lovable" or "love-worthy".

As long as he's not a paedo or a serial-killer, he'll do.

There are millions of ordinary Thai women whose idea of "love" is more or less the same as ours; it's just that most foreign guys don't get to meet them.

Cheers mate you saved me the time of having to type a post.

You are lazy in expressing yourself, MCA

Me lazy? I'll have you know that posting on TVF whilst taking a shit in the bog and eating a bacon sarnie all at the same time is in honour of time and motion guru Frederick Winslow Taylor and not because I'm a slob.

Apologiesbiggrin.png

• Like 1

It may very well be "Love" but not as we know it!

MissFarmGirl posted the following on another thread about driving in LOS.

driving not difficult here ... just different from where you from

I would propose that this can equally be said for love in LOS.

love not difficult here ... just different from where you from
  • Like 1

There are decades of research across all cultures showing that women are attracted to status/wealth/health, and guys are attracted by appearance. Of course, attraction does not equal love, but it highlights that the basics of relationship are in our DNA, not the fantasy of romance.

• Like 1