Asteroid To Make Close Encounter Tonight

george

BANGKOK: -- A Thai astronomer yesterday downplayed the significance of the meteor that exploded over Russia yesterday, hours before an asteroid is due to pass close by the Earth this morning.

One wonders whether or not this ''expert'' has seen the videos showing the results of the meteor or possibly anasteroid as it passed over Russia yesterday?

No problem , Thailand different to rest of world !!!!

Saran said his institute would observe the asteroid using a 2.4-metre-wide telescope at the observatory on Doi Inthanon mountain in Chiang Mai.

The modern technology he is using surpasses that of the worlds top observatories ?

He said the meteor blast in the atmosphere over Russia was a normal phenomenon. Four similar incidents have been witnessed in Thailand: in the skies above Nakhon Pathom in 1923; in Chiang Khan in Loei province in 1981; in Ban Rongkhu, Phetchabun in 1993; and in Phitsanulok in 2009. In the 2009 incident a meteorite struck a house but no one was injured.

Of course it's a normal occurrence , after all no one was hurt and lottery numbers were subsequently based on the meteorites no doubt.

As ''experts'' go this esteemed character would be better of back in kindergarten where he plainly belongs as reading his profound pontifications proves.

Thai says meteor blast 'normal'.......

Four similar incidents have been witnessed in Thailand: in the skies above Nakhon Pathom in 1923; in Chiang Khan in Loei province in 1981; in Ban Rongkhu, Phetchabun in 1993; and in Phitsanulok in 2009. In the 2009 incident a meteorite struck a house but no one was injured.

With so much evidence, one can safely say Thailand is the hub of meteors. :rolleyes:

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 2

So, with Thai Astronomers saying what happened in Russia today is a normal phenomena and Thai scientists saying Thailand will not flood because of global warming because the ice that melts is in Antarctica which is very far from Thailand, it sort of displays the level of intellect required to 'make it to the top' in Thailand. Hub of Scientists!

• Like 1

Big boys need big and expensive toys :)

Is the Chilean mountain region best place for the telescopes globally? They have clear skies with very little moisture in the air, but they also have quite frequent earth quakes.

So, with Thai Astronomers saying what happened in Russia today is a normal phenomena and Thai scientists saying Thailand will not flood because of global warming because the ice that melts is in Antarctica which is very far from Thailand, it sort of displays the level of intellect required to 'make it to the top' in Thailand. Hub of Scientists!

Thai scientists ...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And even if the water does get deep in Bangkok, according to the Minister of Science, that grand pooh-bah of all Thai scientists, they can always have a few thousand boats point the same direction and make the river flow faster to clear things up.

Wait, that would make more pollution, more warming and ... never mind.

I'll be happy with the constellation prize.

I'm gonna personally gift warp that for you. smile.png

Thank you. Take care in your choice of paper.

Speaking of paper, when you leave Thailand, and bumguns behind, will you be heading to Uranus to wipe out those pesky Klingons?

(this has to end soon, we're nearing black hole)

Speaking of paper, when you leave Thailand, and bumguns behind, will you be heading to Uranus to wipe out those pesky Klingons?

Klingons all wiped out, missiles from Mars rectum.

Klingons all wiped out, missiles from Mars rectum.

Rectum? I hear they dam_n near killed 'em! (Sorry, Chris.)

I just Googled Uranus. Did you know it has rings, made up of extremely dark particles, all around it? Apparently a probe went there in 1986 and discovered them.

Okay, I'm feeling very much younger now, like maybe when I was in 6th grade, so I'm gonna gravitate to another thread now.