Looking For Legal Advice In Ne Isaan.

longstebe

Hi Folks,

The missus is looking to start up a business in Sakon Nakhon. Though she has a good idea in place in everything she wants to do I have spoken to her to seek some advice regarding all the legal side of things.

Does anyone know of any legal advisors she can go to? It can be Udon, Nakon Phanom, KhonKean or anywhere else within reach.

Thanks in advance.

No legal advice, sorry. Depends on the business but I would suggest on a personal note to have more capital available at your disposal than you originally planned. In our endeavors (3 small, but operational businesses) what we planned to spend and what we actually spent were not the same.

good luck, should not be hard to get advice in your local, try the register (amphoe) for information.

Thanks guys.

I Dont know if its a woman thing or Thai thing but they don't seem to think everything thru. It will be a learning curve for both of us I suppose.

She is putting her university degree to the test, we'll see just exactly how much she's learnt.

I wouldn't go near a Thai lawyer unless arrested for a crime.

If doing business use a business accountancy company, that's what they do business, they will set up the company, file your tax returns etc and keep you legal.

Lawyers here should have shyster written on their cards, remember one on Samui. All the farangs swore bind he was the best thing since sliced bread. He knew all the big wheels and could preform legal magic. Turns out he was not a real lawyer at all, just some sort of notary. When the shit hit the fan he hit the airport, lots of people got burnt.

Find an accountancy firm that deals with small, medium businesses, they are usually more accountable.

We use a guy in Ubon, he set up the company, has filed our tax etc for over 5 years. Not expensive, all dealings done by phone and never a problem, with the tax department or the companies people. All done with little fuss or bother. Jim

• Like 2

So Mr JamesCollister....have you ever had a bad experience when staying in hotels, does that mean you never use hotels again or you wont eat out because you had a bad meal in a restaurant once. Ridiculous point of view, one con man on Samui (who you admit was not a bona fide lawyer) and so you taint the whole profession.

HL biggrin.png

So Mr JamesCollister....have you ever had a bad experience when staying in hotels, does that mean you never use hotels again or you wont eat out because you had a bad meal in a restaurant once. Ridiculous point of view, one con man on Samui (who you admit was not a bona fide lawyer) and so you taint the whole profession.

HL biggrin.png

Suppose in your home country you used a criminal lawyer or a real-estate lawyer to do your taxes.

Lawyers give opinions, then act on your instructions, goes wrong, your fault.

Accounts deal in facts, if it goes wrong they are accountable.

Do a Google search of Thai lawyers, see how many are members of the Bar or law society. Jim

in my experience here both in business and real estate , dont waste your money on a lawyer .... most of the time u will be speaking with a Notary or desk clerk ...u dont need one unless of course its trouble with the cops or immigration ... get a good accounting firm , someone who is at least a CPA and they will advise on all matters to do with business and land purchases ... to find a good lawyer in your own country is hard enough , to find one here is near impossible ...

• Like 1