Is Your Car Registered In Your Name Or The Wife's ?

thehelmsman

Since both of your names can't be on title I'm putting my name on it. Seems right to me even though it means paying cash.

In a land where I don't own the house - Having the car in my name seems fair. Sort of a matter of principle. I seriously doubt when a Thai man buys a car he puts it in his lady's name.

Some will say that means you don't trust your lady and I'm sure most guys who can afford to pay cash will say hell yeah it's in my name. I not as experienced as many of you are and wonder what the veterans here have to say.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my vehicles are in my wife`s name.

Saved time and hassle. I trust my wife and also I have children, so makes no difference to me.

So you have no car as they are all hers. They are not your vehicles they are hers.

How do you like that one kinda sounds like you and housing the manta that you always repeat.

Car and motor bike is in wifes name . House well its in her name too . Like others no bank loan for her unless I signed to pay for it .... I dont worry much my motto is if I dont live in it Im not paying for it . And if the family moves in I move out !

All my vehicles are in my wife`s name.

Saved time and hassle. I trust my wife and also I have children, so makes no difference to me.

Explain please how it saved time and hassle. I'm not understanding..

We had to finance our car...didn't have enough cash to buy outright. Since I don't have a job, getting a loan in my name seemed like a big hassle. So, we had to have my wife's name on the finance papers. Gotta love it...she's got no job either!

Everything is in my name The car, the bikes and the house (well the house is in a company name). I feel safer that way.Having been taken to the cleaners by a ex wife and a long term partner both whom I trusted AT THE TIME in country my home...... who knows whats round the corner

HELL HAS NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED.

Just my personal opinion and observations of women on this planet not just Thais

crazy.gif

• Like 1

INTERESTING: no rebuttals that the car can only be in one name. Our 2 cars are in both our names. They were bought a year apart from different dealers, so it was not just a one time mistake. The first one was with a resident certificate from immigration and the 2nd one was using my yellow book.

Worked for us.