Staff Changes At Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration

LeCharivari

Slightly different subject...I cannot understand why they don't make the renewal of the retirement visa 360 days.... this would save an extra visit after the fourth 90 day check in

That may take some pressure off the immigration staff

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done my 90 day report only last week phone bill was fine .But now they want 1 copy of visa and passport that is new from my last 90 day report .

They don't need a photocopy of your visa. They need the front ID page, your last entry stamp and TM6. This is quite reasonable really as they need to ascertain with certainty you've been in the country for 90 days.

well i'm sorry to say that they did want a copy of my visa i made 2 copies for my next visit .even say's on the box where you get the forms from 1 copy of id page and 1 copy of visa

Well, I reported for myself and wife on Friday last week and didn't need a photocopy of our visas. Go figure???

But now that you have mentioned this, I'll bring along the extra copy next time just to save a trip to the photocopy shop next door.

Edited by tropo

Slightly different subject...I cannot understand why they don't make the renewal of the retirement visa 360 days.... this would save an extra visit after the fourth 90 day check in

I don't think so.

90 day reports are independent of annual extensions.

90 day clocks for 90 day reports reset every time you enter Thailand.

90 day reports allow for a grace period, usually one week, before and after.

Extension applications are typically done "early" often 30 days before the permission to stay expires.

Edited by Jingthing

It wouldn't be of much use to people who leave Thailand in between their extensions. Many of us make at least one trip abroad which resets the 90 day clock.

i can remember they tried a complaints box once must of been a few years back now as i was working and had a work permit visa why sitting there in the long queue i thought i would look at one . 1st question was how helpful was the information desk. 1 very helpful and so on until it got to poor .so i did no more and filled it in and popped it into the box .i swear as soon as i got out of the door it was looked at next day at the office we had a visit from the boy's in brown checking on my Thai staff then when i had to renew my visa everything you could of thought of was wrong . Lesson learnt don't complain just put up with he's shit lol...

• Like 1

Jingthing, on 24 Feb 2013 - 17:28, said:

Satcommlee, on 24 Feb 2013 - 17:16, said:

Jingthing, on 24 Feb 2013 - 16:29, said:

One year, I was missing one copy that was needed, and the officer actually made it for me. For free. I was in total shock. At least I think that happened. It could have been a hallucination or some kind of dream that I am confusing with real life.

Was it the lady that does the 1 year family extensions? I have heard of this happening before, I did not believe it..

It was a retirement extension and it was a man. I really remember it happening but thinking about it now, it seems impossible to even imagine.

The same thing happened to me at Jomtien. At least I think it did. Naw, no way! I'm just imagining the handler sending a girl off to copy one page. She was too cute. Just a dream!

Done my 90 day report only last week phone bill was fine .But now they want 1 copy of visa and passport that is new from my last 90 day report .

They don't need a photocopy of your visa. They need the front ID page, your last entry stamp and TM6. This is quite reasonable really as they need to ascertain with certainty you've been in the country for 90 days.

well i'm sorry to say that they did want a copy of my visa i made 2 copies for my next visit .even say's on the box where you get the forms from 1 copy of id page and 1 copy of visa

Mine too!

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what it says on their form. Incorrect information, messed up terminology is typical here. No copy is visa is required. One copy of required stuff only.

It is my opinion and experience that this reflects the current ACTUAL requirements:

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/Rentry_Address.pdf

Complete Form

TM.47, Form for Alien to

Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days

a.

Passport Identity Page

b.

Passport page showing

latest Immigration Permission to Stay Stamp

c.

Form

TM 6

-

Departure Card (

this is a

white card

that should have been stapled

in

your

passport

on last arrival in Thailand

)

d.

Photocopy

of document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable TV

bill, etc.)

Edited by Jingthing

It doesn't matter what it says on their form. Incorrect information, messed up terminology is typical here. No copy is visa is required. One copy of required stuff only.

It is my opinion and experience that this reflects the current ACTUAL requirements:

Complete Form

TM.47, Form for Alien to

a.

Passport Identity Page

b.

Passport page showing

c.

Form

TM 6

-

Departure Card (

this is a

white card

in

your

passport

)

d.

Photocopy

of document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable TV

bill, etc.)

form box i said . i might pop down tomorrow and take a picture for you lol....

Complete Form

TM.47, Form for Alien to

a.

Passport Identity Page

b.

Passport page showing

c.

Form

TM 6

-

Departure Card (

this is a

white card

in

your

passport

)

d.

Photocopy

bill, etc.)

Don't bother. I know exactly what you are talking about. I saw it too. It doesn't mean what you think it means, in my opinion and experience. I don't believe a copy of your visa is required, period. I am doing a report soon and if it turns out the policy has changed since my last report, I will change my opinion. The same thing about copy of visa was up on my last report. NOT required. What was required was on the list as I've supplied. Sometimes the best info about immigration requirements doesn't actually come from immigration. Weird, but sometimes true. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Complete Form

TM.47, Form for Alien to

a.

Passport Identity Page

b.

Passport page showing

c.

Form

TM 6

-

Departure Card (

this is a

white card

in

your

passport

)

d.

Photocopy

bill, etc.)

Yes please I am due next week and would like to know if there are any new photocopies I have to bring.

He'll show you a picture showing a copy of your visa is required. You can give them that and they can accept it but that does not prove it is really required. Proof that it is really required is NOT giving it and then it being demanded. I still think the list in the link I provided is the real current list and the notice at immigration is one of those lost in translation things.

Edited by Jingthing

He'll show you a picture showing a copy of your visa is required. You can give them that and they can accept it but that does not prove it is really required. Proof that it is really required is NOT giving it and then it being demanded. I still think the list in the link I provided is the real current list and the notice at immigration is one of those lost in translation things.

The listed you posted, I usually took with me, but as it is almost 3 months ago, things could have changed, so if someone offers to go to immigration and post a picture of the actual requirements. Nice.

But I always take more with me then it's necessary as for me it's a 20-30 minute trip to get there !!

wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

The listed you posted, I usually took with me, but as it is almost 3 months ago, things could have changed, so if someone offers to go to immigration and post a picture of the actual requirements. Nice.

But I always take more with me then it's necessary as for me it's a 20-30 minute trip to get there !!

wai.gif

That's kind of my point. If they post a list that says VISA, who wrote that list? I don't think they mean visa. I think they mean

Passport page showing

I agree things can change. I don't think this has changed. I will be glad to agree it has changed if I actually experience the change. That notice at immigration I don't think should be taken literally, again, most probably a lost in translation thing.

Edited by Jingthing

wai.gif

That's kind of my point. If they post a list that says VISA, who wrote that list? I don't think they mean visa. I think they mean

Passport page showing

I agree things can change. I don't think this has changed. I will be glad to agree it has changed if I actually experience the change. That notice at immigration I don't think should be taken literally, again, most probably a lost in translation thing.

I agree with you, but once I had the guy at the 90 Day desk asking me for a copy of my Non-O Visa (expired in 2011 been on extensions ever since) but since then I always take a copy one with me. ! Again, as always take more with you then seems necessary as a round trip takes longer and paper isn't that heavy biggrin.png

2923_picture_of_a_businessman_carrying_a

Edited by MJCM

Complete Form

TM.47, Form for Alien to

a.

Passport Identity Page

b.

Passport page showing

c.

Form

TM 6

-

Departure Card (

this is a

white card

in

your

passport

)

d.

Photocopy

bill, etc.)

Form box aside, I didn't need the visa copy last week.

The front desk really doesn't have a clue. They've failed me many times on information received, and I wouldn't ask the Thai information guy anything at all. That would be a complete waste of time and it would give him another excuse to be rude.

One time he told me I needed a copy of my bank book for my retirement extension based on income. No such copy was required.

• Like 1

.... I am doing a report soon and if it turns out the policy has changed since my last report, I will change my opinion. ....

So the last time you did your 90 day report was nearly three months ago? ... and based on that those of us who did ours within the last couple of weeks and were told we needed a photocopy of the visa page, and have posted that information here, are "incorrect"?

Things change; what was needed three months ago may not be the same as what's needed now, and that may not be the same as what's needed tomorrow or next week. Maybe the photocopier's brother/husband/whatever in Immigration is short this week and your 5 baht per copy will help pay the housekeeping.

Keep it simple - get a photocopy just in case.

.... I am doing a report soon and if it turns out the policy has changed since my last report, I will change my opinion. ....

So the last time you did your 90 day report was nearly three months ago? ... and based on that those of us who did ours within the last couple of weeks and were told we needed a photocopy of the visa page, and have posted that information here, are "incorrect"?

Things change; what was needed three months ago may not be the same as what's needed now, and that may not be the same as what's needed tomorrow or next week. Maybe the photocopier's brother/husband/whatever in Immigration is short this week and your 5 baht per copy will help pay the housekeeping.

Keep it simple - get a photocopy just in case.

Give the guy a break. I reported last Friday and didn't need the visa photocopy. Is this a new requirement which started this week?

• Like 1

wai.gif

The copy shop is a 5 second trip to get there.

• Like 1

Only the rip-off one that charges 5B and is presumably run by a relative of some immigration official.

To get a sensibly priced copy you have to go quite a lot further away.

Who would go anywhere else to save on 5B photocopies? I think this is fair considering the convenience.

• Like 1

wai.gif

True, but I was talking about if you forget a document at home (or there is a new requirement which you don't know about) that is something a copy shop can't solve for you. And that's why I always take more documents with me (as said) then is necessary !

wai.gif

Edited by MJCM

Who would go anywhere else to save on 5B photocopies? I think this is fair considering the convenience.

Me, for one.

I scan all my documents at home (it's good to have a scan of everything just in case it gets lost) and then I create one single page with all the necessary images on. I then take that to Theprasit Road on a USB key and have 10B worth of copies made of it. That does me for the entire year for all my needs and saves me a lot of time to boot.

As for paying for convenience, the copy shop on Theprasit is as convenient as one could possibly be for the technical college that is right next door yet it only charges a tiny percentage of what the one at immigration charges. That place is quite simply a rip-off. And a busy rip-off at that.

Me, for one.

I scan all my documents at home (it's good to have a scan of everything just in case it gets lost) and then I create one single page with all the necessary images on. I then take that to Theprasit Road on a USB key and have 10B worth of copies made of it. That does me for the entire year for all my needs and saves me a lot of time to boot.

As for paying for convenience, the copy shop on Theprasit is as convenient as one could possibly be for the technical college that is right next door yet it only charges a tiny percentage of what the one at immigration charges. That place is quite simply a rip-off. And a busy rip-off at that.

I think you missed the point. I save even more time than you do by scanning and printing everything I need at home, but.... if you forget something you can get it photocopied right there for 5 baht. That's a bargain for the convenience.

It's such a small expense I can't even believe we're having this conversation.

It seems to me regardless how well prepared you are, they always find something missing. Perhaps some people feel that could just be to ensure the shop next door makes a good profit and might find is worth the time to not support that as a matter of principle. Though I appreciate it is tempting to just pop over and pay the price for the convenience.

wai.gif

True, but I was talking about if you forget a document at home (or there is a new requirement which you don't know about) that is something a copy shop can't solve for you. And that's why I always take more documents with me (as said) then is necessary !

wai.gif

The immediate topic was whether a copy of one's visa is needed for the 90-day. Assuming you didn't forget your passport, if you found, contrary to advice given here, that you in fact needed that copy, the copy shop is 5 seconds away. No, it isn't worth the time or the gasohol to go anywhere else to get that emergency copy one may have forgotten or not known about. So you spend a total of 5 minutes and 4 baht for that copy--and you don't lose your place in the queue.

As for primary documents, you can bring along a whole suitcase if you wish: your high school transcript, your Good Conduct award, your dentist bill or whatever. But generally speaking the primary documents are confined to a small, well-known, quite obvious list: proof of address, passport, proof of marriage, statement from bank, passport, completed forms--such as are appropriate for the situation. Hence I wouldn't bother weighting myself down with extra copies of those at least.

But if the office--suddenly, inexplicably (TIT)--does need a copy of your recent dentist bill, you know what to do.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1