Pongsapat Widens Lead Against Sukhumbhand In Bangkok Governor's Election

webfact

Pongsapat widens lead against Sukhumbhand in Bangkok governor's election

By Digital Media

20130219112911.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 19 - A university survey said ruling Pheu Thai Party candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen widened his lead over his rival Sukhumbhand Paribatra from the Democrat Party in the upcoming gubernatorial race, and more Bangkokians are expected to cast their ballots than in last election.

newsjsAssumption University's ABAC poll asked 2,498 people between Feb 15-18, finding that 59.7 per cent of eligible voters are likely to vote March 3, up nearly 10 per cent from the 50.6 per cent registered in the last survey.

The popularity of former deputy national police chief Pongsapat has risen from 43.9 to 46.6, while the former Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand's popularity has fallen dramatically from 37.6 per cent to 29.9 in the latest survey.

The popularity of Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavet remained unchanged at around 10 per cent.

According to the survey, Mr Pongsapat holds a distinct 16.7 point lead over Mr Sukhumbhand, following the Democrat Party's campaign on Red Shirt movement violence, but the public seems to prefer a peaceful atmosphere. Survey analysts said also that the public was disappointed with the Democrat candidate's personality during the campaign.

However, the poll found that more highly educated voters, higher than the Bachelor's degree, still prefer Mr Sukhumbhand to Mr Pongsapat by 25:14 while those with lower than the Bachelor's degree said they will vote for the Pheu Thai candidate by almost double, a margin of 49:27. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-02-19

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine voting for anyone who airbrushed their publicity photos quite that bad.

The policies are fake. The promises are fake. They can't even put up a real photo of themselves. Sukhumband looks about 14 years old in that photo.

Seems to me that:

1. Sukhumbhand looks tired and stale in this job.

2. Sukhumbhand didn't achieve many 'wow' factors in his first term, rightly or wrongly was painted as uncooperative during the floods, and wore the brunt of the failure to complete / use the fotsal venue. The chickens come home to roost.

In fact I wonder if the dems make a major mistake to allow him to run, perhaps they should have cut their losses, taken some risk, and tried a new man.

Edited by scorecard

The policies are fake. The promises are fake. They can't even put up a real photo of themselves. Sukhumband looks about 14 years old in that photo.

Looking at the the two pics, Sukhumband (if you seen him not airbrushed) looks like a clown. I like clowns (sort of) but I would never vote for one.

Looking at the the two pics, Sukhumband (if you seen him not airbrushed) looks like a clown. I like clowns (sort of) but I would never vote for one.

Actually, the campaign posters are always good for a laught. People looking extremely uncomfortable in their brand new suits, airbrushed next to the garishly done up leader, posting a skin shade that would make dracula proud. Half the time they look like the walking dead.

• Like 1

Pongsapat widens lead against Sukhumbhand in Bangkok governor's election

coffee1.gif

41 percent of voters remain undecided in the Bangkok gubernatorial election

BANGKOK, 19 February 2013 (NNT)

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-02-19 footer_n.gif

I am sure the 10,000 redshirts stationed at ever polling station will make it much easier for those undecided.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/A-watchdog-to-bite-voters-30198330.html

Notably more mature than Pongsapat's 10 and Yingluck's 12 in their surreal cartoon campaign.

20130115165512-640x390x2_zps3ae246c0.jpg

Well i guess yingluck in a school uniform sells. Lol.

It sums up her level of development well, and doesn't make her look like a Chinese woman with botox injections, thats gotta help.

Notably more mature than Pongsapat's 10 and Yingluck's 12 in their surreal cartoon campaign.

I can only assume the signs say,(boy) "Seamless cooperation from the central government" (little princess) "I vow to give Ponsapats constituents full support, just like the Red villages in the North" Am I close?

Seems to me that:

2. Sukhumbhand didn't achieve many 'wow' factors in his first term, rightly or wrongly was painted as uncooperative during the floods, and wore the brunt of the failure to complete / use the fotsal venue. The chickens come home to roost.

In fact I wonder if the dems make a major mistake to allow him to run, perhaps they should have cut their losses, taken some risk, and tried a new man.

Personally i think that the Dems didn't want to run him. He announced his candidacy very early and had hinted at running as an independent.

I feel that they felt they had no choice but to run him.

It might not go so bad in the long term for the dems though if Pongsapat wins. Any mistakes made will be hard to pin on anyone's door but the PTP

Seems to me that:

Personally i think that the Dems didn't want to run him. He announced his candidacy very early and had hinted at running as an independent.

I feel that they felt they had no choice but to run him.

It might not go so bad in the long term for the dems though if Pongsapat wins. Any mistakes made will be hard to pin on anyone's door but the PTP

Mistakes? The position controls virtually nothing. It is symbolic.

• Like 1

Must be all that stress from the floods, he's aged.

Must be all that stress from the floods, he's aged.

Chairman mao would be proud of that photo.

These polls are diametrically opposed depending on which entity does it.

Another one will come out tomorrow saying the Dems are leading.

This is just posturing, why bother to listen?

As to the bad photos, image is more important than truth

and i this case the truth is too painful.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Well, my part of Bangkok has district #5 which voted in the charming lady from Pheu Thai in the last general elections. The voting station outside, divided into three substations with each their board with info, candidates, tent (i.e. cover to protect from sun) all set to go. One or two days before the election tables and chairs will be arriving. So far so good and all in proper order.

Still wondering if just walking out of my apartment to be a 'foreign observer' I could still carry my beer wink.png

Oh dear buchholz, not content with making fun of peoples build or hair or other physical make up you've now descended to mocking cartoon cutouts. Priceless! , you really need to get a grip of yourself, nothing good will come of this bitterness, you need to let it out.

I still find the poll results hard to believe. And yet, it seems more and more likely that the PTP are building support throughout the land except in the thoroughly corrupt south. Are urban dwellers in the mood for a change and are they sending a message to the wounded Abhisit?

Oh dear buchholz

If you have a problem, and by your flaming it appears you do, then address the previous multiple comments similar in nature that were made prior to its posting in regards to the other candidate. wink.png

You know, "double standards" and all that.

Edited by Buchholz

I think it was Suthep's group which pushed for Sukhamband. It was a dramatic mistake on the Dems part to allow his nomination unless there is some underlying motive such as knowing he would lose in order for Bangkokians to see that PTP will be unable to complete their unrealistic promises. I have always believed Suthep is a millstone around the Dem's neck & the sooner they cut him loose the better. The Dems still appear to be living in the stone age & whoever is their PR advisor should be removed post haste.

IMO I reckon the best candidate is Seri.

• Like 1

I did not see any poll yet that said the Dems were leading.

I think that little by little PT will grab the whole country.

I did not see any poll yet that said the Dems were leading.

I think that little by little PT will grab the whole country.

Money talks.

What's the excuse now from the frothers??

Previously we've had;

Bangkokians are too educated & smart to vote PT

Bangkokians will never forget who terrorised & burnt their city

Bangkokians won't vote PT because they can't be bought

Bangkokians won't vote PT because they hate the murderous fugitive villain

Well, just like in the last election, you have all proved that you have a very limited understanding of the Thai electorate & politics. Similar to the Democrat party.

• Like 2