On Arrival Visa Before My Non B Runs Out?

Hello

Here's my situation.

I have a Non B visa which expires on the 31.03. I have a multiple re-entry permint

I have a return flight form BKK to Tokio booked for the 26.03. The return flight is on the 30.03.

The question is - will I get a 30 days on arrival visa when coming back to Thailand on the 30.03 even though I have one day left on my Non B?

cheers,

You have an extension of stay not a B visa.

They might let you in with just the 1 day permit to stay. But do you want only one day? Or the 30 day entry?

You could easily get another extension before you leave for your trip.

Right, I have an extension. And yes, I'd love to get another one but is it possible? I'm finishing a contract with my employer and my visa was organised through the company. Can I extend it on my own somehow?

If it's not possible than I'd rather re-enter Thailand on the 30 days stamp than on my Non B extension valid just for one day.

Non-B visa extensions require a lot of paperwork from the hiring company.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

No, you can't legally extend it on your own. Try to enter for 30 days, then consider other options, such as a Tourist Visa, etc.

That’s what I thought. So I'm back to my initial question - Will they let me in on a 30 days stamp even though I have one day left on my non B? Basically I just don't want to use my re-entry permit. I just don't enter it's number on the "arrival" card I get on the plane an that's it?

Yes, just don't fill in the 'visa number' slot on the TM6 arrival card and you should be fine but do ensure he gives you the 30 days.

I had the exact opposite issue, I had 1 day left on my extension / re-entry permit, the immigration chap asked me if I wanted that or a 30 day stamp, I needed the 1 day (immigration appointment same day) no problem.

Do not enter the re-entry permit number and go to the Visa on Arrivals desk.

Hint - show the staff at check in your Non B visa and the re-entry permit, so that they allow you to board the plane as without a ticket departing from Thailand within 30 days they might not allow you on the plane.

He is already here in Thailand so at most would be a local flight and currently has a re-entry permit so should not be a problem.

He is flying to Tokyo, leaving Thailand as per original post, therefore when returning from Tokyo he will need to produce a valid visa or ticket out of Thailand, as I said in a previous post he should just show the visa and reentry permit as they might not know the rules at the check in counters in Japan

Edited by beano2274

Yep, I have a reentry - valid for just one more day after the return flight but still - so I guess I'm on the safe side here. And btw - I've never had any problems entering Thailand on a 30 days stamp without a ticket out - have you heard of such situations?

Just in case - printing a reservation online for a flight is not a problem and should take care of things. Many people do this when applying for visa in an embassy.

Non-B visa extensions require a lot of paperwork from the hiring company.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

And I get sick and tired of the bullshit involved and the cost. Foreigners are not wanted in Thailand and if you want to stay here you are going to pay immigration every time you piss and even then there will always be some document missing.

• Like 1

Thai Immigration officers do not know shit from shinola....They have stamped the wrong dates in my passport, ie the 13th instead of the 31st as for extension of stay.

They have forgotten to stamp my passport when exiting Thailand.

They have taken my money for a re-entry permit and not stamped it in my passport or given me a receipt. And the list goes on.

And don't tell me if you don't like it leave.....

It was never like this 35 years ago, they did things correctly.