Thai Suspect Reenacts Assault Of British Teacher, 20, But Claims He Had Consensual Sex With Her

Lite Beer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In touristy areas there where shops and bars/Rest are open people should be able to frequent these places whatever time they wish.

BUT....I as a older man wouldn't be roaming around at 3am, and I didn't at an earlier age.

Most importantly a female should be able to choose where she wants to go whenever she likes,

BUT I'm afraid it's a no non still for a lady especially alone to be at a bar at 3am. There is no excuse for anyone to take advantage of the situation like this BUT there are persons out there that are waiting for the right time to pounce.

I shouldn't say this but the lady in question had every right to be there BUT shouldn't have been ---if you get my drift.... I do not condone this sort of happening at all and they should get done for it again...people should still take more care.

• Like 1

Back in the UK is normal for women to get drunk Friday or Saturday night and pick up some horny hunk. One night stands are common occurence. Women even brag about it. I'm not taking sides in this case. She probably got embarrassed when she sobbered a bit. What travellers should bear in mind - When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Keeping low profile in unknown countries certainly helps.

• Like 1

There's a certain type of 'man' that has sex with a very inebriated woman.

To quote one of them from the earlier (closed) thread;

I've done it stacks, had great sex with drunk women, and will continue to. You've just accused most people of being rapists.

Rapists? You miss the point ENTIRELY. I am accusing most of these 'men' of being idiots.

Yes that was me. Unfortunately we lose track with all these thread changes, here's your post...

Please desist from bashing women who 'cry rape' and defending men that chose to have sexual intercourse with an intoxicated female. Any man that shags an intoxicated woman assumes all risk and isn't much of a man IMHO. Consent given or received while under the influence of drugs or alcohol doesn't hack it as a defence. Regardless if he is intoxicated as well, or a friend of the victim or even married to the victim, it's just not cricket... as well as being pretty unmemorable (especially if you are drunk).

Now that's just rubbish, in most cases there will be nothing to defend because it won't be anything like rape. A person can be drunk and can consent to sex and a whole bunch of other things. Go into a nightclub or pub and you'll find a whole lot of drunk people all of whom can lawfully consent to sex. The ones that are getting carried out are the people who are over the line.

In most countries you can legally drive a car under the influence of alcohol (< 0.05) say; can drive a car at 100 km/h on busy roads but not consent to sex?

My Thai g/f, all 45kg of her, quite often gets a bit "frisky" after a few Changs. A bit under the weather myself, I usually submit to her sexual demands, but in the morning I feel so used..............

In touristy areas there where shops and bars/Rest are open people should be able to frequent these places whatever time they wish.

BUT....I as a older man wouldn't be roaming around at 3am, and I didn't at an earlier age.

Most importantly a female should be able to choose where she wants to go whenever she likes,

BUT I'm afraid it's a no non still for a lady especially alone to be at a bar at 3am. There is no excuse for anyone to take advantage of the situation like this BUT there are persons out there that are waiting for the right time to pounce.

I shouldn't say this but the lady in question had every right to be there BUT shouldn't have been ---if you get my drift.... I do not condone this sort of happening at all and they should get done for it again...people should still take more care.

Right....if it is rape then he deserves the full brunt of the law. It's just hard to tell.

As well, I agree about wandering around on your own at 3am, hammered out of your mind. It's not an excuse for her being raped, but her throwing caution to the wind landed her in a terrible situation. Hopefully she will be more careful next time, it's a crazy world out there!

Edited by tominbkk

Interesting to see where this leads...

Oh Yes ! the consensual sex defence was very obvious but we will see, I hope. One claim that is very believable is that th police treated the matter as a joke, Thailand's BIB are not the most professional of organisations

On today's True Channel 90 " In Channel " this story was covered in as poor journalism as can be imagined. the suspect's story was recounted in full without the use of phrases such as " he claimed or he alleged " so his story was, in essence, presented as the truth. The two lovely studio anchor's stated he admitted raping the woman but it was consensual, that's not rape. They then went on to explain he was only trying to help her even producing a tissue but then became aroused and although he tried twice could not complete the act. I take it whoever wrote the script didn't bother to check it and appears to have typed whatever came into their head. The story is likely to be murky enough without this so called journalism

• Like 1

this story was covered in as poor journalism as can be imagined.

There's no other kind of journalism here save for one or two (and even then, the Thais try to bully them or force them out of the country for telling the truth)...

Article on Andrew Drummond's site has the mother of the victim seething at the Thai media and Police handling of the case.

I really feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with the media and Police here. Last thing you need after such a traumatic experience is having to deal with these arrogant incompetents.

• Like 2

Carbon copy posts and one talking about moderation has been deleted.

Please, show a bit more respects for the women and particularly for this one, victim of a horrendous crime.

To be drunk doesn't justify rape, not even 'consensual' sex with a person not completely in control of herself.

There is actual case law in Australia on this. It comes under the umbrella of date rape. The Supreme Court of Victoria on appeal ruled that drug faciliated sexual assault (including rape) is any sexual assault where alcohol and/or drugs affect the victim's ability to give informed consent. The offender was convicted and sentenced. (I was involved in a similar case, statement of 1st complaint)

Presuming that the witnesses that say she was totally inebriated are correct, then this suspect if put on trial in Australia would probably be convicted as she would be considered unable to give informed consent.

How many guys on here have gone out on the swill and woken up beside a fat ugly heffer or a similar hideous creature where you were required to chew your arm off so you didn't wake her in the morning. I know I have been guilty and would definately not of been in such a position if I was capable of making an informed decisiontongue.png

Like they say the lord invented alcohol and men drink so ugly chicks get laid. thumbsup.gif

Please, show a bit more respects for the women and particularly for this one, victim of a horrendous crime.

To be drunk doesn't justify rape, not even 'consensual' sex with a person not completely in control of herself.

There is actual case law in Australia on this. It comes under the umbrella of date rape. The Supreme Court of Victoria on appeal ruled that drug faciliated sexual assault (including rape) is any sexual assault where alcohol and/or drugs affect the victim's ability to give informed consent. The offender was convicted and sentenced. (I was involved in a similar case, statement of 1st complaint)

Presuming that the witnesses that say she was totally inebriated are correct, then this suspect if put on trial in Australia would probably be convicted as she would be considered unable to give informed consent.

How many guys on here have gone out on the swill and woken up beside a fat ugly heffer or a similar hideous creature where you were required to chew your arm off so you didn't wake her in the morning. I know I have been guilty and would definately not of been in such a position if I was capable of making an informed decisiontongue.png

Like they say the lord invented alcohol and men drink so ugly chicks get laid. thumbsup.gif

OK - but what if the guy is too drunk to see that she is too drunk to give consent?

• Like 1

She said 4 guys were involved initially.

Now 1 has been arrested and 'confessed'..

Do you think maybe he has been set up for a fall in front of international media ???

Maybe once everyone goes home with their cameras and microphones, this guy will be out again...

Just thinking !!!

If she cannot provide a positive identification all they will have is DNA and two conflicting stories (the suspect saying it was consensual, and her saying it was not), he defense will be that she was so pissed (which is corroborated by others) that she cannot remember if she agreed or not, and had a touch of the seconds after he cum is coco, even if they get a second DNA that may only go to support his story of consent and a touch of the seconds.

It will be interesting to see if it is pursued by the MIB let alone gets put before a court! Personally I think he saw what he thought was an easy opportunity and took it, however if he has any of the right connections, he will probably walk.

All seems a bit dicy to me.

OK - but what if the guy is too drunk to see that she is too drunk to give consent?

In Australia Drunkeness is not a defence to criminal activitythumbsup.gif It may have an influence on sentencing but is not a defence. ie: he may escape a prison sentence but still convicted.

It's as-yet unclear who is the offender, or if she was a victim of rape.

My gut-feeling is she cannot remember all details. It is possible an opportunistic young man was offered sex by a young foreign girl after she deemed his actions to be kind.

This possibility means it is unfair to side with the victim. She's clearly a victim, but of what?

Let's not forget that just because he's a man he's not automatically guilty because a woman accused him.

And let's not let the sometimes not so hidden racism about how bad the Thais are prejudice the case against him either.

And let's remember she first said she'd been taken off the street by 4 men in a pickup truck. Once it was revealed that she was caught on CCTV her story changed. That immediately makes me discount everything else she says to a significant degree, and since the entire case is based on her word the presumption of innocence for the man accused remains in place.

If more evidence comes to light and he is found guilty then he should be punished to the full extent of the law and her being drunk should be no mitigating factor, but until then he is innocent until proven guilty.

• Like 2

AFAIK most laws make no reference to gender. People have sex with people, and people can be under varying levels of intoxication. People can have sex with opposite genders and same genders, and - as often happens in Thailand - mixed genders. People can have sex with one other person or within a group. Sex acts can be penetratory or non-penetratory. Touching someone's genitals without their consent is sexual assault.

So we get situations where person A had x number of drinks and person B had y number of drinks. Person A has a certain tolerance to alcohol and person B has their own unique tolerance to alcohol. What's the equation that tells us who raped who?

Edited by Rimmer
Incorrect quote removed

She said 4 guys were involved initially.

Now 1 has been arrested and 'confessed'..

Do you think maybe he has been set up for a fall in front of international media ???

Maybe once everyone goes home with their cameras and microphones, this guy will be out again...

Just thinking !!!

Anything is possible in Thailand. As we know the country moves in mysterious ways.

The Bangkok Post is reporting that 'samples of semen' were found 'on' the victim, but tests still need to be done to determine whether they're from the accused or from the victim's boyfriend with whom she last had sex four days earlier (!!!!!). I kid you not.

If she cannot provide a positive identification all they will have is DNA and two conflicting stories (the suspect saying it was consensual, and her saying it was not), he defense will be that she was so pissed (which is corroborated by others) that she cannot remember if she agreed or not, and had a touch of the seconds after he cum is coco, even if they get a second DNA that may only go to support his story of consent and a touch of the seconds.

It will be interesting to see if it is pursued by the MIB let alone gets put before a court! Personally I think he saw what he thought was an easy opportunity and took it, however if he has any of the right connections, he will probably walk.

Please do not look at this as racist, but if you saw for only a short time, and be honest about this, any non white person committing a crime, what would be your'e chances of picking them out at an ID parade?
  • Like 1

Man held in alledged rape of foreigner

KRISSANA THIWATSIRIKUL

THE NATION

Nakhon Si Thammarat

30200439-01_big.JPG

Police have charged a man with the rape of a foreign woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat.

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- According to police, the suspect confessed to making sexual advances towards the woman and claimed that she welcomed them.

The alleged victim, however, yesterday failed to identify the suspect at Muang Nakhon Si Thammarat police station. She showed up with her boyfriend.

The 20-year-old woman lodged a rape complaint and gave her testimony to police before leaving Thailand last night.

Her case has received widespread media attention, with several foreign news agencies also reporting on it.

Nakhon Si Thammarat Police chief Pol Maj-General Ronnapong Saikaew interrogated the suspect, Pongpat Posoy, was alone at the time of the interrogation. His close friend witnessed the whole incident and also gave a similar account to police.

Pongpat told police he spotted the alleged victim in the wee hours of February 15 in a bar he frequented, and initially approached her and offered help because she had sustained a knee injury. He said he felt a sexual urge during the close contact and followed her to the second floor of the bar.

The suspect said he then attempted to have sex with the drunken foreigner twice, during which he claimed she did not resist his advances.

The suspect and his friends said the woman kept repeating, "Ok. Good".

Ronnapong said the rape took place between 3.14am and 3.45am.

"We will wait to see the results of a physical examination by |doctors," he said. He said the re-sults would be able to identify whether bodily fluid found on the victim belonged to the alleged victim's boyfriend or her alleged attacker.

The woman initially told police that four men gang-raped her, but an ongoing police investigation has yet to find any evidence to support her claim.

Police linked her to Pongpat because recordings from a security camera appeared to show he was following her.

The victim reportedly came to Thailand to apply for a teaching job.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-21

I don't believe for a minute that if any girl was going to have consensious sex with a guy she had just met, she would say "OK good" especially to someone who probably doesn't speak English.

The Bangkok Post is reporting that 'samples of semen' were found 'on' the victim, but tests still need to be done to determine whether they're from the accused or from the victim's boyfriend with whom she last had sex four days earlier (!!!!!). I kid you not.

No shower or a change of clothing in four days? No wonder we farangs have the reputation of being smellythumbsup.gif or is it just the Scottish?biggrin.png
  • Like 1

IMHO he's as guilty as a puppy by a pile of poo.

• He's confessed
  • He raped her outside and left her, then returned to rape her again (by his own admission)
  • If the sex was consensual, why was it done outside on a dirty balcony?
  • Why did he leave her there... twice?
  • He didn't use contraception
  • She had scratches and marks on her body (she alleges she was physically assaulted prior to the rape)
  • He followed her as evidenced by CCTV
  • His friend was present during the whole incident

• Like 1

It's funny how different things get reported by different news companies.

This article states that no-one heard her crying or shouting and that it happened at her home.

I've just watched a Scottish news channel and they said that people did hear her screaming but thought someone was "just fighting" (like that's nothing bad) and that it happened on a balcony away from her apartment, not inside her apartment...

Many holes in all this

http://m.stv.tv/news/highlands-islands/214609-scots-teacher-gang-raped-by-men-in-thailand-tells-of-her-ordeal/

No shower or a change of clothing in four days? No wonder we farangs have the reputation of being smellythumbsup.gifor is it just the Scottish?biggrin.png

I thought one of the moderators was removing stereotypical/racist remarks wink.png