So, You Think You Can Run Thailand Any Better?....

krisb

If you became the "Prime Minister" of Thailand, the first falang

Prime Minister of Thailand ever, how would you make one of the most

interesting countries in the world even better?. How would people of

Thai Visa Forum, or the world media say " Its now even better, thanks to

the new Prime Minister!

How would you make a change for the better?

No farang could run Thailand.

But anti-corruption measures can be implemented, like they did yaers ago in Hongkong. = Increase the salary of state-employees by 300 %. If after that, if caught in an corruption-sceme, the accused looses employment, pension benefits and all social standing. It worked nicely.

Erm/Unfortunately, does not work in Thailand because corruption is not limited to governement institutons, but covers the entire private-industry as well. It's a way of life.

So for now: If you want something done the official way, it can take 2 years, if circumventing the "official-way", it can take as little as 2 weeks to achieve the same goal.

I do not expect, that during my lifetime, I will see any major changes as far as this is concerned, But to make things worse, my 2 stepdaughters (age 25 to 29) can't perceieve any major changes as far as this is concerned during their livetime.

Somewhat depressing, I find.

Cheers.

Erm...chaps...Thailand has had a 'farang/falang' prime minister.

"Google" Constantine Phaulkon...but please ignore those dreadful 'historical' novels about him.

Now you've actually learned something about Thailand, please carry on with this bilge...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you became the "Prime Minister" of Thailand, the first falang

Prime Minister of Thailand ever, how would you make one of the most

interesting countries in the world even better?. How would people of

Thai Visa Forum, or the world media say " Its now even better, thanks to

the new Prime Minister!

How would you make a change for the better?

>No farang could run Thailand.

But anti-corruption measures can be implemented, like they did yaers ago in Hongkong. = Increase the salary of state-employees by 300 %. If after that, if caught in an corruption-sceme, the accused looses employment, pension benefits and all social standing. It worked nicely.

Erm/Unfortunately, does not work in Thailand because corruption is not limited to governement institutons, but covers the entire private-industry as well. It's a way of life.

So for now: If you want something done the official way, it can take 2 years, if circumventing the "official-way", it can take as little as 2 weeks to achieve the same goal.

I do not expect, that during my lifetime, I will see any major changes as far as this is concerned, But to make things worse, my 2 stepdaughters (age 25 to 29) can't perceieve any major changes as far as this is concerned during their livetime.

Somewhat depressing, I find.

Cheers.

Erm...chaps...Thailand has had a 'farang/falang' prime minister.

"Google" Constantine Phaulkon...but please ignore those dreadful 'historical' novels about him.

Now you've actually learned something about Thailand, please carry on with this bilge...

So there really is hope for us to become Prime Minister of Thailand!

BTW, its not bilge.

Edited by krisb

No farang could run Thailand.

Probably true.

One of Thailand's first ever Prime Ministers (maybe even the first) was a Greek. But he screwed up and lost his head. They beheaded him in Lopburi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Phaulkon

His wife fared better, though. She was a Japanese-Portuguese-Indian woman who introduced many of Central Thailand's sweets and desserts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Guyomar_de_Pinha

I'll be heading around the villages on the back of a pickup with a deafeningly loud speaker. Just for the sake of it.

What's wrong with you, dude?

You need at least four speakers, six is better; the volume should be set to "distort;" and it should be three trucks all playing something different, right behind each other.

• Like 1

We have posters wanting a re run of the Sukhumvit district, that ended up in hundreds of businesses being bulldozed, and several people brutally beaten in 2003. I know the guy was just kidding about wanting Pattaya blown up and bulldozed. Sorry 2003 was not that long ago and I don't think it is appropriate to suggest even in jest a repeat. I guess it's fun to call Pattaya a toilet but 500,000 people live there and 5 million visit every year. They don't think it's a toilet.

Didn't pick you as one so thin skinned, but to imply I meant thuggery is just beyond belief. I'd of course threaten them with weapons and physical harm, but not actually carry it through. As PM, the threat of secret work camps would be enough to ensure obdient compliance.

Worse came to worse, I'd temporarily allow the US constitution to be enacted over Chonburi, wall it off, allow unfettered second ammendment rights to the area, and let the people take care of themselves. Obviously, anyone who wanted to leave would be welcome.

We have posters wanting a re run of the Sukhumvit district, that ended up in hundreds of businesses being bulldozed, and several people brutally beaten in 2003. I know the guy was just kidding about wanting Pattaya blown up and bulldozed. Sorry 2003 was not that long ago and I don't think it is appropriate to suggest even in jest a repeat. I guess it's fun to call Pattaya a toilet but 500,000 people live there and 5 million visit every year. They don't think it's a toilet.

Didn't pick you as one so thin skinned, but to imply I meant thuggery is just beyond belief. I'd of course threaten them with weapons and physical harm, but not actually carry it through. As PM, the threat of secret work camps would be enough to ensure obdient compliance.

Worse came to worse, I'd temporarily allow the US constitution to be enacted over Chonburi, wall it off, allow unfettered second ammendment rights to the area, and let the people take care of themselves. Obviously, anyone who wanted to leave would be welcome.

There are a half a million Thai people who live in and around Pattaya. At least that many, maybe many more who depend on income earned in Pattaya. First you suggested blowing up Pattaya and then bulldozing Pattaya. And now having the Pattaya residents shoot one another. And you are calling me thin skinned because I don't think it's funny?

Maybe you are right. I'm thin skinned and you are a normal Thai Visa poster.

Thanks though I was wondering how you were going to work ant gun and anti American into this thread about Thailand. Good job.

1) politicians must abide by the laws they pass for others. limit on 10 years of government service and then you need to go back into the private sector.

2) crackdown on corruption in the police force. increase the police salary, then use "secret shoppers" to report police that are taking bribes. all tickets would need to be written up, if the officer does not write the ticket up they would be fired immediately.

3) fire the Board of Uneducation. Bring in people that know something about education and not people who have connections. there would no longer be a "no fail" policy.

4) expand public transport in BKK. MRT and BTS would service the majority of the city in 10 years.

5) Get the police out of the red light control booth. a) they do a terrible job, B) their time should be spent enforcing the law. They should be arresting/fining people breaking all the traffic laws for starters

6) make the government and all government purchases transparent by putting all info directly onto the government website for anyone to read

7) loosen the visa/business ownership requirements, allow productive foreigners to help make the country more prosperous

8) no more markets on the sidewalks. the roads are too dangerous without forcing people to walk on the street

9) legal age of consent 18, not 15

10) strengthen the consumer protections board. all companies that do not deliver on what they promise will be prosecuted

None of the TV members is capable of doing 1/100th of what Yingluck and the government is doing.
Everyone on TV is much much much better at moaning, criticizing, insulting, giving lessons, murmuring, rumoring, spreading this and that, ...
As some might say, it's not the "same league" whistling.gif

Something happens...
Everyone on this forum barks at the government or a minister...
Everyone on this forum moan and moan and moan... (Well, not everyone. Some still sometimes write something interesting)
You ask TV members what should be done...
TV members tell you that this corrupt goverment should do this or that... that everyone in the governemt in incapable, all corrupt, all bad, all looking only for their own interest, etc, etc, etc...

You ask TV members what they would do if they were in charge (which they are by far not capable of)...
The answer you get comes in a single phrase...
Then nothing... long silence... nothing...

Because nobody on this forum has a clue on how their basic, easy or simplistic ideas or rethoric should be implemented to deliver even the slightest beginning of a result...

So, let's keep this place as the moaning forum and let the serious people keep doing what they do... (it is funnier too, by the way thumbsup.gif )

None of the TV members is capable of doing 1/100th of what Yingluck and the government is doing.

Everyone on TV is much much much better at moaning, criticizing, insulting, giving lessons, murmuring, rumoring, spreading this and that, ...

Something happens...

Everyone on this forum moan and moan and moan... (Well, not everyone. Some still sometimes write something interesting)

TV members tell you that this corrupt goverment should do this or that... that everyone in the governemt in incapable, all corrupt, all bad, all looking only for their own interest, etc, etc, etc...

You ask TV members what they would do if they were in charge (which they are by far not capable of)...

Because nobody on this forum has a clue on how their basic, easy or simplistic ideas or rethoric should be implemented to deliver even the slightest beginning of a result...

So, let's keep this place as the moaning forum and let the serious people keep doing what they do... (it is funnier too, by the way thumbsup.gif )

You would be amazed at the management, directorship and CEO experience of the membership on this forum, seriously amazed.

However your right.....let the serious types get on with it, and we'll just continue to fight like rats in a sack.

I prefer it that way. drunk.gif

• Like 1

Sorry Gerry but my idea of not issuing Visa (or extensions) to foreigners would be easy to implement.

All foreigners would be gone in a year.

Something happens...

Either you do not have a sense of humor or have forgotten to take your medicine for a while.

Did you really expect serious answers? why would anyone in their right mind write anything serious to a question which is NOT even possible in a hypothetical world.

Changing the head of state is useless, as to make changes, you would also need to change the entire cabinet, then waste another 50 years or so to educate/r-educate people or wait for the new generation, so really close to 100 years to see some real change.

So, yeah, you really have a clue

Sorry Gerry but my idea of not issuing Visa (or extensions) to foreigners would be easy to implement.

All foreigners would be gone in a year.

Indeed, that's a very good and easy idea biggrin.png

• Like 1

NOT put CCC in charge of my speech writing.

I've come to the conclusion that CCC suffers from narcolepsy brought on by hitting the "quote" button on TVF. biggrin.png

Very droll chaps, i was sabotaged by my opposition. I'm happy to say the tech issues have been resolved and i am ready to continue my campaign ......

Part 2 of ChittyChangChangs manifesto...

11, The lackies in my chinese gold palace may only use sheets of silk on my behind.

12, All alcohol apart from Chang to be outlawed.

13, No gambling or fixing on/off international football.

14, Anyone caught wearing flip flops or thongs to be sent to Pattaya.

15, Pattaya to be drifted out to sea.

16, Once admited to the island state of Pattaya you can not leave(only in a y shaped coffin)

17, Compulsary education till 18 with western standards

18, Everyone must kill 10 mossies a day.

19, Anybody wearing jeans with massive turn ups to be sent to a school for the fashionably challenged.

20, All Russians and Chinese to be expelled.

• Like 1

One way to cause an eventual improvement in Thailand is to somehow encourage the country into war with another. Doesn't so much matter which country. Help to ensure that there is some level of devastation to Thailand. It has worked for most other countries all over the world.