black_pixel.gif

nothing.gif

World: Americas

nothing.gif

Furby toy or Furby spy?

_254094_furby300.jpg

Furbies - their lips aren't sealed

nothing.gif

Thousands of families across the United States could be harbouring potentially dangerous double agents - also known as Furbies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/254094.stm

Oh, this is just wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Maybe they should come with a warning on the pack, with pictures of people who's brains have been fried through neglecting their studies.

A few choice politicians come to mind.

"Warning : You too may end up making ridiculous public statements that make you appear to be a complete idiot or incompetent".

done

podpasob.jpg

Pheu Thai Party-list MP candidate #6 and former Chiang Mai Night Safari Project Director, Plodprasop Suraswadi... and now current Science Minister warning of the many dangers of a Furby

Chiang Mai Safari: Rare Animals On The Menu At Zoo; Eat Lion, Tiger, Elephant, Giraffe Meat

CHIANG MAI: -- Visitors offered daily buffet of lion, tiger, elephant and giraffe meat; conservation groups outraged. Lovers of "wild" cuisine are in for a treat when Chiang Mai's Night Safari opens next year, Project Director Plodprasop Suraswadi said yesterday. Visitors to the parks Vareekunchorn restaurant will have the option of tucking in to an "Exotic Buffet" of tiger, lion, elephant and giraffe, for just Bt4,500 a head.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/50982-chiang-mai-safari-rare-animals-on-the-menu-at-zoo/page__view__findpost__p__549707

Edited by Buchholz

Science Ministry warns parents to beware of downsides of Furby

BANGKOK, 22 February 2013 (NNT) The Science Ministry is warning parents to beware of the downsides of the Furby craze, being witnessed now across Thailand.

The Pheu Thai Party-headed Science Ministry's warning should be extended to Pheu Thai Party's candidate in the upcoming Bangkok Governor race as Police General Dr. Pongsapat (candidate #9) was a no-show at the debate by all candidates at Sripatum University. His place on the stage was taken by a Furby.

6301_zpsacaecb8b.jpg

630-3_zps378c8bc8.jpg

No word yet on if anybody really noticed any significant difference with the Pheu Thai Party Police General Dr. candidate.

Could this "Furby Warning" have anything to do with Pheu Thai?

http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/red-furby-stands-in-for-pongsapat-in-sripatum-debate/

Thanks for that link.

I hadn't previously seen the news in English media..

Does come with an aspect I hadn't previously realized, what with not being an expert on distinguishing these new furry Furby creatures, and that is... that the Furby that replaced Pheu Thai Party candidate Police General Dr. Pongsapat was... appropriately... a fake.

From the link:

Yesterday, the organizer of Sripatum Universitys gubernatorial vision debate placed a red Furby in an onstage spot reserved for Pongsapat Pongcharoen, the Pheu Thai candidate for Bangkoks governorship, claiming that Pongsapat failed to show for the debate after he had accepted an invitation to do so.

The fake Furby, which sat above the No.9 sign, stirred widespread debate

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Science Ministry warns parents to beware of downsides of Furby

BANGKOK, 22 February 2013 (NNT) – The Science Ministry is warning parents to beware of the downsides of the Furby craze, being witnessed now across Thailand.

The Pheu Thai Party-headed Science Ministry's warning should be extended to Pheu Thai Party's candidate in the upcoming Bangkok Governor race as Police General Dr. Pongsapat (candidate #9) was a no-show at the debate by all candidates at Sripatum University. His place on the stage was taken by a Furby.

6301_zpsacaecb8b.jpg

630-3_zps378c8bc8.jpg

No word yet on if anybody really noticed any significant difference with the Pheu Thai Party Police General Dr. candidate.

Could this "Furby Warning" have anything to do with Pheu Thai?

http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/red-furby-stands-in-for-pongsapat-in-sripatum-debate/

Thanks for that link.

I hadn't previously seen the news in English media..

Does come with an aspect I hadn't previously realized, what with not being an expert on distinguishin these new furry Furby creatures, and that is... that the Furby that replaced Pheu Thai Party candidate Police General Dr. Pongsapat was... appropriately... a fake.

From the link:

Yesterday, the organizer of Sripatum University’s gubernatorial vision debate placed a red Furby in an onstage spot reserved for Pongsapat Pongcharoen, the Pheu Thai candidate for Bangkok’s governorship, claiming that Pongsapat failed to show for the debate after he had accepted an invitation to do so.

The fake Furby, which sat above the No.9 sign, stirred widespread debate

Not only do we have fake red shirts but now fake red Furbys. What to do?

• Like 1

Some of those points above could also be said for the tablets the Government gave the school kids especially points 1,2,3 5 and 6

and in most western countries too.....the promises that technology could bring have basically bitten us on the arse

Edited by Mudcrab

is it just me ? the article talked about 7 items and they only list 6

did i win a price ?

loooooooooooooool

Yes, you can get a FREE visa extension for your Ferby at any local immigration office... Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

Hells effin' bells. Just when you think that government statements can't get more stupid, you're immediately proved wrong. Where are the brains of these people?

What's the Science Ministry got to do with the International Anti-Ageing Medicine Institute?

Furby's were launched the first time in 1998...

The Anti-Aging Medicine Institute and Sience Ministery is surely concerned for any abuse of these 'under-aged' products...

Hells effin' bells. Just when you think that government statements can't get more stupid, you're immediately proved wrong. Where are the brains of these people?

What's the Science Ministry got to do with the International Anti-Ageing Medicine Institute?

what a load of rubbish but i can see children becoming very attached to the toy as it will probably pay more attention to them than their parents do

So, thanks to the Furby, Thai youths are developing as normal Thai people? cheesy.gif

Do you see a difference?.............

WoW, that first video looks a lot like most classes at my school. One kid jerking off, several in one group playing with their phones and the rest talking, then they all start yammering at each other and running around punching each other.

Awesome! If I haven't lived here for a decade I would be first amazed and then appalled. I realize these slow whittled ministers have to be published every month but this is one of the best compilation of words to come out of Thailand in a while.

This was a topic of discussion and much humour at my local watering hole coupled with the serious questions of how much does the spokesman get paid for uttering such drivel and what qualifications are needed for the job ?

As for the endorsement of the drivel utterer we have the well qualified, and the richest member of Yingluck's Cabinet (ostensibly even richer than Yingluck), Science Minister HE Dr. Plodprasop, PhD from University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada).

3148080_zpsef5c65e5.jpg

Plodprasop (right, in fake Admiral's cap) observing his fleet of boat propellers attempting to make an impact on the flooded Chao Phraya river.

Edited by Buchholz