Traveling Throughout Thailand

mrstein

Suggestions on great places to travel throughout Thailand.

If you had about 16-18 days and start point was Bkk and only staying there maybe 1 day tops and go from there.

Where would you wonder off to ????????

I will be traveling with a Girlfriend who has never been to Thailand and We dont need to do 100% touristy type stuff Just nice places.

Any suggestions would be great.

Tks

Well flights are cheap within Thailand, so on a tight time sccale a few flights might be in order.

Personally i would take an overnight train to CM, travel first class not very expensive, and a nice journey, well in my opinion it is, but i like the feel of trains bumping along. In Cm you have trekking, elephants rides, some truly amazing temples, and you can do lots of day trips from there to the golden triangle and some of the hill tribe villages. Spend a week doing this, and then get a flight down to one of the islands. Maybe Samui or phuket, bit of relaxing on a beach.

I would also not dismiss Bangkok, it has of course the grand palace, emerald buddha, it has lots of klongs(canals) for you to expolore, as well as some great shopping at some crazy markets. There is lots to see and do in Bangkok and i love to spend time here, but i do appreciate big cities arent for everyone. You can do lots of day trips from here as well, you can see the bridge of the Kwai, you have the crocodile farm, and so much more.

Good luck and most important be happy and have a great time :o