Garcinia Cambogia -- In My Experience, This Stuff Really Works

Jingthing

I did just imagine a possible downside of this thread.

Suppose some people reading this hear my report of surprising and dramatic SUCCESS using GC do try it and it doesn't work for them, or just works for them a little. Which I think is more likely for sure that it working as dramatically well as it has for me.

Well, then I can imagine them feeling disappointed by their result. Maybe reading this thread would get their HOPES up about the potential of GC for them. That could be a letdown.

So, if that happens to anyone, my regrets if this thread got your hopes up unrealistically.

But there's always a risk with anything you might try, the risk/reward factor.

Oh well!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard a lot about Garcinia Cambogia. It helps curb appetite, reduces caloric intake, promotes healthy body weight, and inhibits fat production. I take two Garcinia Cambogia Capsules everyday.

Well I'm not sure at all if it provides all those benefits to me but I do know that for me it does reduce appetite, reduce cravings for food types that are not beneficial, and surprisingly (as this is not something you generally hear about GC).increases cravings for health promoting foods like fresh vegetables.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always looking for more research on GC but there doesn't seem to be much happening.

I think a big problem with potential research is to know which exact preparation of GC to use and dosage as well.

If you show a result with one brand at one dose that doesn't prove it would be the same result with another brand at a different dose.

Anyway, I saw this link for the first time and I think their POV is pretty rational, but I'm going to review it from the perspective of a person who has benefited from GC:

1. Scientific research behind the effectiveness of garcinia cambogia for weight loss has been mixed.

http://www.healthline.com/health/garcinia-cambogia-weight-loss#Overview1

That claim it has not scientifically been proven that it increases the feeling of satiety you get from food. That seems difficult to measure. It's SUBJECTIVE. I can say with full confidence it has that effect for me and many others have reported the same thing.

Lowers body weight. It says not proven. But it sounds like they put the study people on the same diet. See above. IF the GC improves the satiety you get from food, you will tend to EAT LESS and tend to have a better chance of losing weight as you're eating less, because you feel more full with LESS food. So you see, there is a DEPENDENCE between those two things and the satiety thing is SUBJECTIVE.

Speeds metabolism. They claim there IS evidence for that. From my POV I couldn't possibly know what's happening in my own own body. I'm not hooked up to a metabolism machine.

Side effects: Mild. I agree.

Drug interactions an issue to be seriously considered. I agree.

Dr. Oz? WHO CARES! That is one big mouthed man. Dr. Oz is not the same thing as GC. There is no reason to take GC or not take it based on whatever Dr. Oz says.

Miracle. Agree. It's not a miracle.

BUT, see above, if with increased feeling of satiety (IF that happens with you) and possible increased rate of metabolism you eat less and increased chance of weight loss/ decrease chance of weight gain, that is a BIG BENEFIT in anyone's book.

I've mentioned this before, but it continues to amaze.

I'm talking about the difference between what our BODIES crave and what our MINDS crave.

Yes I know the brain is part of the body but that's another topic.

So a few days ago I woke up a little early and was thinking, I think I am going to go out for PANCAKES today. I really thought I would do so.

I lingered in bed for awhile, finally got up ... and although I remember the intention of going out for PANCAKES, I had my usual daily very nutritious breakfast instead! With no regrets, no feeling of deprivation.

This is the GC in action for me.
It's like it's created some kind of switch between my brain and my body cravings. The brain is the same. The rest ... not.

If I really wanted to, yes I COULD occasionally eat pancakes without a problem ... but no point doing so if my body says don't.

Another GC observation.

Reading online of many people who don't have good experiences with GC, I often see the complaint of BLOATING.

Now that's interesting.

Because it is known effect of GC that you will usually experience some pretty major changes in shall we say toileting during the first month and the body adjusts to that.

I can imagine feeling very BLOATED on GC if I ate the exact same way I did before the GC.

It could also be the types of foods they eat ... perhaps that makes a difference for GC effectiveness.

Also, it's clear to me that many people have bought into the "magic" sell of GC and actually think if they take GC they can eat exactly as before, or even worse, and still lose weight. That's craziness.

In my case, I couldn't physically eat as before even if I wanted to ... so I'm sure the "failures" have their own individual reasons, but I still think there is as much to learn from the failures as the successes.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this article today and then this post just now and thought you all should read it.

Personally I don't take diet supplements with the exception of one vitamin tablet, skipping dinner sometimes in favor of a protein shake with 0% fat milk (full fat for everything else) and I just workout with stronglifts.com as a guide (for 18 months now) and slowly, slowly I'm getting fantastic results. And thanks to this forum as well, some good advice from many especially robblock and h90 has helped alot over time.

Anyway, here it is for your perusal and I will keep an eye on the debate.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/diet/wa-man-matthew-whitby-nearly-died-after-taking-two-popular-dietary-supplements/news-story/33b27e4f5d872815581e43fa50e27f4f

GC is not linked to liver failure. That's total BS. Thanks for nothing for posting sensationalist journalism garbage. There was a problem with a brand of GC but it was determined it was other additives not the GC. That is a big problem when there may be thousands of brands and many have multiple additives.

There is no debate about whether just GC causes liver damage. Nobody credible is saying that.

No comment about green tea extract dangers. I tried my home brew and ultimately rejected it. I do drink green tea daily in a normal way just because I like green tea.

Good luck. Reminder to use full dose and take properly before meals. I suggest a trial of at least a month. You want it to build up in your bloodstream. Look beyond the scale to how you feel. Is your appetite reduced or not. Are your cravings for foods associated with weight gain reduced. If you eat the same as before there is no point continuing.

"Before meals" means at least 30 minutes before eating meals, preferably an hour. For me sometimes it ends up two hours before I eat because it just works out that way. I don't know if that's OK or not, but the point is don't bother taking just before eating.

Actually I see the error of my way, I should really have started a new topic as it was only vaguely related to GC. But I'd never even heard of the stuff until read the article, and then on the same day saw this topic as well. And as it was getting on a bit, I just posted here instead of thinking how appropriate it was first.

Oh well, can't win them all...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I personally took it and lost 50 lbs in 3 months w/o losing too much muscle! I was on a very clean diet, and was working out on a strict schedule as well. At first I was a huge believer in Garcinia Cambogia, but then I started to realize I was more than likely just mentally tricking myself into believing it works, like a placebo effect. More than likely 99-100% of the weight loss I had came from diet and exercise. I think it mentally helped me w/ the weight loss at first. If she already has the product I would encourage her to use it, whether it works or not..

• 2 weeks later...

I did look at this stuff before, (passing glance) and found only full-on sales pitches or total scepticism…. So, being a little cynical I moved on.

Then I saw your post… Interesting, having read your posts over the years, I find you to speak your mind and not pander to others, we haven’t always seen things eye to eye…. Hey…. that’s life. I think I will give this a go on the strength of your comments.

I’m going to try this stuff, I’ve not tried any other pill or stuff to lose weight, but trying to keep my weight under control is taking over my life, I’ve always had a metabolism like a two-stroke motor, not any more.

I’m a 58 year old male with an under active thyroid, I still exercise hard at least 5 days a week… The volume of exercise is not the issue. I know I need to make adjustment with my ‘intake’….. But I need a leg-up, maybe this stuff might help.

Thanks for the post!

If your thyroid hormone level is low be sure to take thyroid hormone supplements. That's very important for your health. But just doing that won't cause weight loss but it will probably deter more rapid weight gain.

I take 'Thiroyd', an organic preparation, (like a lot of people my body does not like, or convert the synthetic stuff very well) my levels now are not only good but I feel normal... for most of the time. I probably try and pass off my inability to loss weight, maybe a little to much on my thyroid.

I know age does not help, I also read an article about weight in later life, 50+. If having been very physically fit, (and maintaining it) in younger life can lead to weight problems as you get older, something to with the fat cells.

Anyway....... I consider myself a realist, I will try the stuff for a month minimum, watch my intake and carry on with the Physical, see what happens.

• 2 months later...

So what is the outcome of this story? Did the others who posted they tried it actually lose weight? I'd be very interested to know. For right now it seems there is no scientific proof that weight can be lost.

• 1 month later...

So what is the outcome of this story? Did the others who posted they tried it actually lose weight? I'd be very interested to know. For right now it seems there is no scientific proof that weight can be lost.

The truth is that the studies that have taken place on GC have been very limited, and the results have been mixed. While I'm not promoting a conspiracy theory, consider that the pharmaceutical industry has little financial motivation to really study this. It's already out there, they can't invent anything novel and own it, it's made from a readily available fruit. They're looking for a holy grail drug that they can own and make billions on. In any case, nobody credible has suggested GC is magical, just many people (including me) think it can be quite helpful to some people to do the other things that need to be done around food intake (portion and types of food).

Jingthing, I wonder do you take any other supplements regularly. You mentioned that thyroid hormone supplements were important. Do you take those? Or is it only GC?

That is unrelated. I've been taking thyroid hormone medication for decades now under doctor's advise because my thyroid doesn't produce it.

I do think people should check the symptoms of that online and ask a doctor to run a blood test if they suspect. It's probably under-diagnosed as it's not a standard test but it's quite common.

I had a really good doctor years ago who guessed I lacked thyroid hormone simply based on looking at me in his office!

Cheers.

So you only take GC and Thyroid hormone.

No. I'm not going to list every medication that I take. The only SUPPLEMENT that I take for the purpose of assisting with food portion and type control is garcinia cambogia.

where can you buy this garcinia cambogia from ,have they got it in the pharmacy or do you need to go see a doctor

So you only take GC and Thyroid hormone.

No. I'm not going to list every medication that I take. The only SUPPLEMENT that I take for the purpose of assisting with food portion and type control is garcinia cambogia.

where can you buy this garcinia cambogia from ,have they got it in the pharmacy or do you need to go see a doctor

I have seen it in tesco lotus and other normal supermarkets here in Thailand (assuming your in Thailand)

The brand I use is Herbal One. Made in Thailand. I take 4 pills daily. 1 before breakfast, 2 before lunch. and one before dinner. Lunch tends to be my biggest meal. Take at least 30 minutes before meals. A full hour is better but don't stress it.

• 2 months later...
On Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM, vinniekintana said:

It never fails to amaze me that some people have weight problems here....

...not ony I can't get fat, I can't even increase my weight by a couple of kgs...

What are you people eating?

Blobs of fat and sugary drinks all day long?

Beer - rice-noodles- deep fried foods-poor quality oils in food stalls and restaurants, delicious European food such as pies- great fully monty brekkers, great french food-all youcan eats buffets with yorkies to say nothing of sliders and of course the usual stodge of pizzas-deep fried chicken and burgers with double carbs of bread and chips/fries. That will all help you put on weight. Oh and giving up smoking!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2013 at 2:32 PM, vinniekintana said:

It never fails to amaze me that some people have weight problems here....

...not ony I can't get fat, I can't even increase my weight by a couple of kgs...

What are you people eating?

Blobs of fat and sugary drinks all day long?

It never fails to amaze me that this kind of nonsense comes up time & time again.........

Archived