Respect .

mickylonster

( There is no smoke with out any fire) I dont think this is a one off incident ?? I might be wrong , but am i right in saying , when they come to live in the UK on a settlement visa it is for 2 years ?, Then they have to apply for a definite stay to remain visa ? until that visa is granted, then I think they are screwed, Happened to a mate of mine, she was coming home later and later, going out with there friend to party, ETC, when she got the 2 settlement visa and she left him,

It's 5 now, but it was 3 for the OP.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( There is no smoke with out any fire) I dont think this is a one off incident ?? I might be wrong , but am i right in saying , when they come to live in the UK on a settlement visa it is for 2 years ?, Then they have to apply for a definite stay to remain visa ? until that visa is granted, then I think they are screwed, Happened to a mate of mine, she was coming home later and later, going out with there friend to party, ETC, when she got the 2 settlement visa and she left him,

For a younger model I might had, some one her own age smile.png

Rene 123 ,

She worked for 20 years in the same job in Bangkok, and she actually paid for the construction of `our` house in her village at a cost of 2 million baht, As for her staying with friends overnight occasionally , they are all female , and yes , I have met most of them , some with `falang` husbands , its just a `Thai thing` ladies meet , eat ang gossip , for me its no big deal , I trust her implicitly !

Thai ladies will ALWAYS cover one another. sad.png

Spot on thumbsup.gif

Yep, I know folk don't want to read this stuff but it is true. sad.png

And where have you been W1 ?

That's slightly insulting to Thai's, particularly Thai ladies, Trembly. The ladies I know in the UK are well aware of the requirements and do care about their immigration status and relationships with their husbands.

Happens to be true according to my experience. A great deal of Thais are so used to playing cat and mouse with the law in their own country that they have a very casual contempt for laws in any country, unless of course they clue themselves up on the benefits of adhering to certain laws. Not all of them are going to do that though, not least because of the language barrier (to say nothing of the cultural barrier). Edited by Trembly

It's 5 now, but it was 3 for the OP.
That's what I said, but you're not concentrating, Tommo. Just going for the poor guy's jugular. Give him a break.
  • Like 1

Blimey, you lot seem to know a bunch of people who've never read the signs. This isn't my experience.

I'm glad to know a lot of UK husbands and their Thai wives who are very happy and have been for years.

Perhaps you have learned something today. Lots going on out there and the No.1 is a UK passport.

Wooloomooloo,

She has already sat and passed the life in the UK test , after 3 atempts , so is already prepared for the ILR visa , which she would apply for in Oct. 2013 , but hey now with thing up in the air so to speak , I`m not sure at this time , whats gonna happen in October

• Like 2

Happens to be true according to my experience. A great deal of Thais are so used to playing cat and mouse with the law in their own country that they have a very casual contempt for laws in any country, unless of course they clue themselves up on the benefits of adhering to certain laws. Not all of them are going to do that though, not least because of the language barrier (to say nothing of the cultural barrier).

Your associates appear to demonstrate even a basic understanding of Thai culture if you know so many, Trembly.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Rene 123 ,

She worked for 20 years in the same job in Bangkok, and she actually paid for the construction of `our` house in her village at a cost of 2 million baht, As for her staying with friends overnight occasionally , they are all female , and yes , I have met most of them , some with `falang` husbands , its just a `Thai thing` ladies meet , eat ang gossip , for me its no big deal , I trust her implicitly !

Why would she spend 2 million on a house in Thailand if she is settling in the UK, why not spend that on a joint house in the UK ? With Thai building standards it won't be very good by the time she retires.

Rene 123 ,

Why would she spend 2 million on a house in Thailand if she is settling in the UK, why not spend that on a joint house in the UK ? With Thai building standards it won't be very good by the time she retires.

It's the norm, goes pear shaped, home. coffee1.gif

.... and another one bites the dust. Next thing that will have to occur is comments like: My Thai-Wfe/ GF will never act in such a manner. Nevermind.

Cheers.

Time for a song ,,,Queen another one bites the dust

• Like 1

Yep, I know folk don't want to read this stuff but it is true. sad.png

And where have you been W1 ?

Still here TS, having been posting for a while, been keeping a low profilebiggrin.png

I would never trivialize someone else's relationship, much less their marriage -- but without knowing any other details than what's been shared, the lady is in need of a ticket back to LOS, preferably one with 3 layovers.

It does indeed take 30 seconds to text someone, so as small a thing as that may seem, it speaks to a larger issue, not just one of respect but of caring at all. PARTICULARLY ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! Come on, man.

Furthermore, that you allowed your wife sleepovers is ridiculous. What is she seven?

• Like 1

This might surprise you... She probably thinks you are the one being selfish. Why? Because you didn't keep your emotions in check. And, in her eyes, you hurt the relationship. Not her.
Direct communication is very important to westerners. But, for Asians, it is not. What is 'not said' is sometimes more important than what 'is said'. And it's not easy to read the signals!
Asians are focused on being. Westerners are focused on doing. Her job and her friends are part of her being. Just as you are. When you question (lambast) any of those things, you are putting her down.
Am I an expert? Hell no! I've known my Thai wife for 40 years. And I still suck at reading the signals. But, I do know how to apologize. Even, when I think I'm right. And so far it's been worth it!

This is interesting, as I started a thread about this yesterday. The difference being that because I live in Thailand I'm trying better to understand the Asian way of things. But this lady is in the UK, and should be falling in line with the customs of the land. Besides, she left the guy hanging on his birthday.... if that doesn't say it all, then I don't know what will.

• Like 1

.... and another one bites the dust. Next thing that will have to occur is comments like: My Thai-Wfe/ GF will never act in such a manner. Nevermind.

Cheers.

Time for a song ,,,Queen another one bites the dust

You could be more tactful... whistling.gif

Edited by Dancealot

aToms life , when she first came to the UK , she had funds of her own ,£5.000 + so If she wanted to , she could return to Thailand at any time ,and as for letting her stay over with friends , for me that is not a concern, I have no wish to keep her on a short lead , I have much more respect for than you imply !

@OP

Your wife was given a VISA to the UK for one reason only, to live with you as your wife.

Now she no longer wants to be your wife (moved out and not answering calls), she no longer has any justification to remain in the UK.

Do your duty to your country and all other legitimate settlement applicants, and report her to immigration, withdrawing your permission for her to remain.

Many of us would like our wife's to have a chance of UK settlement, but this sort of behaviour, and the husband letting it happen just spoils all our chances.

My mate did that. End of story. She now lives in a shed in LOS and CANNOT get a visa to be with the ''Richer'' farang she ''pleased''. clap2.gif

• Like 2

This might surprise you... She probably thinks you are the one being selfish. Why? Because you didn't keep your emotions in check. And, in her eyes, you hurt the relationship. Not her.
Direct communication is very important to westerners. But, for Asians, it is not. What is 'not said' is sometimes more important than what 'is said'. And it's not easy to read the signals!
Asians are focused on being. Westerners are focused on doing. Her job and her friends are part of her being. Just as you are. When you question (lambast) any of those things, you are putting her down.
Am I an expert? Hell no! I've known my Thai wife for 40 years. And I still suck at reading the signals. But, I do know how to apologize. Even, when I think I'm right. And so far it's been worth it!

This is interesting, as I started a thread about this yesterday. The difference being that because I live in Thailand I'm trying better to understand the Asian way of things. But this lady is in the UK, and should be falling in line with the customs of the land. Besides, she left the guy hanging on his birthday.... if that doesn't say it all, then I don't know what will.

And i fine thread indeedclap2.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621316-thais-and-emotional-suppression/#entry6142107

There is something else you need to consider, why have her friends not enouraged her to contact you and make an attempt to patch things up, especially if they know she really loves you but has been hurt by your reaction, in an ideal situation mutual friends would be at least encouraging communication in an attempt to heal the rift.....so what do they know that you do not?

• Like 1