2 Turks Drugged And Robbed From Their North Pattaya Hotel Rooms

Rimmer

2 Turks drugged and robbed from their North Pattaya Hotel rooms

turk-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--Two Turkish friends on holiday in Pattaya were drugged and robbed on Monday.

Police were called to the Riviera Resort in Soi 16/1 off the Naklua Road on Monday afternoon after hotel cleaners found the two room occupants unconscious on their beds. There was clear evidence of a disturbance in both rooms and it was determined that both room safes had been stolen.

The victims, Mr. Almet aged 51 and Mr. Nihat of the same age were staying in adjoining rooms connected by a door which was unlocked. Eventually they regained consciousness and told Police that they had met two Thai women at the Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya and decided to take them back to their rooms.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/76413/2-turks-drugged-robbed-north-pattaya-hotel-rooms/

footer_n.gif2013-02-25

Equipment used to remove the room safes from the wardrobes were left behind and crucially the resort did not keep copies of the Thai ID cards of the two women which leaves Police with the difficult task of recovering the stolen items which reportedly includes 40,000 US Dollars

Crucially? or deliberately?

And $40K? Probably for the insurance company to verify.

Equipment used to remove the room safes from the wardrobes were left behind and crucially the resort did not keep copies of the Thai ID cards of the two women which leaves Police with the difficult task of recovering the stolen items which reportedly includes 40,000 US Dollars

I'm sure no insurance company would cover that much money, so what are you talking about?????

.....justice.......forget it.......

....scum.....

....collusion..........to the maximum.....

......'mai roo'......'mai roo'.........

....and the 'good Thai girls'......will do it again and again...

(...but we better hurry up and bust some westerners..for whatever....)

.........us..........and them.........

....maybe this starts at the airport......

....especially if they have to declare money they are bringing in to the country....

....and equipped with tools.......premeditated......

.and someone in the hotel is an accomplice apparently...........

What is the name of this hotel.........they name the Russian entrepreneurs struggling to make a living.....this hotel should be blacklisted....

the stolen items which reportedly includes 40,000 US Dollars, 100,000 Baht and two mobile phones.

They do not trust the banks then?

Tourists, no Thai bank account?

I know the ATM withdrawal fees are ฿150 a pop, but considering they apparently lost so much, would've been easier to utilise their Turkish debit / credit cards.

• Like 1

Why on earth would anyone have 40,000 US$ in a hotel safe attached to a wardrobe? Absolute mugs.

Unless they came to buy a condo, all cash, I find this hard to believe. Why would the hotel allow these girls to go to the room after refusing to leave their ID cards? Didn't that raise a red flag? Now the Turks need to find money to buy two new safes!

I'm sure no insurance company would cover that much money, so what are you talking about?????

I have never heard of an insurance company covering ANY cash lost. If you know of one, let me know. I think I might lose $1,000,000 next month!

....maybe this starts at the airport......

....especially if they have to declare money they are bringing in to the country....

....and equipped with tools.......premeditated......

.and someone in the hotel is an accomplice apparently...........

What is the name of this hotel.........they name the Russian entrepreneurs struggling to make a living.....this hotel should be blacklisted....

Just a guess, Riviera Resort in Soi 16/1 off the Naklua Road!!!

Why on earth would anyone have 40,000 US$ in a hotel safe attached to a wardrobe? Absolute mugs.

Unless they came to buy a condo, all cash, I find this hard to believe. Why would the hotel allow these girls to go to the room after refusing to leave their ID cards? Didn't that raise a red flag? Now the Turks need to find money to buy two new safes!

I could be mistaken, but it was the case for me for foreign ownership (or perhaps it's not applicable if buying a condo in a company name or whatever), but I thought funds for buying a condo had to be wired into Thailand from abroad???

Regardless of the above, I'm convinced this is an attempt (a poor one by the looks of it) at defrauding an insurance company!!!

I could be mistaken, but it was the case for me for foreign ownership (or perhaps it's not applicable if buying a condo in a company name or whatever), but I thought funds for buying a condo had to be wired into Thailand from abroad???

Regardless of the above, I'm convinced this is an attempt (a poor one by the looks of it) at defrauding an insurance company!!!

No thats not right, you can change your foreign currency here in Thailand at a Bank or Authorised Money Changer, they will then issue the Foreign Currency Transaction Report required by the Land Office to register the Condo it the buyers name.

Regards BW.