Phuket Pit Bull Owner Sued After Savage Dog Attack

webfact

Phuket Pit Bull Owner Sued After Savage Dog Attack

The mother of a 33-year-old man who was mauled by three Pit Bulldogs in Phuket has sued the dogs’ owner after her son incurred a 700,000 THB hospital bill. Her son was walking past the dog owner’s house when the deadly beasts attacked him.

PHUKET – February 25, 2013 [PDN]; A complaint was filed at the Vichit police station by the mother of a man who had been attacked by three Pit Bull Terriers. The complaint was received by investigation officer Pol. Lt. Col. Sanit Nurit.

The mother making the complaint was identified as Mrs. Benjalak Aekphaibul, age 65, from Suan Thai village, Tambon Vichit, Phuket. She was accompanied by her lawyer, Ms. Sirilak Suthajirakul Khoomwong of the SR law office.

The two women had brought the evidence of the photograph of the wounds suffered by Mrs. Benjalak’s son, as well as the hospital bills and other expenses incurred in treating his injuries. The dog attack victim was identified as Mr. Theansak Aekphaibul, age 33.

The complaint alleges that her son was bitten and severely injured by three American Pit Bull Terriers, requiring two months of hospital treatment. He was released on February 6, 2013 from the Krungthep Phuket hospital, Amphur Meuang Phuket.

The complaint accuses the dogs’ owner of being negligent in allowing his dogs to harm other people. The incident occurred on February 6, 2013, at 8.30 a.m., while Mr. Theansak was walking in front of the house of the dog owner, Mr. Prasert (no surname available).

Three American Pit Bull Terrier dogs rushed out from the house and savagely attacked Mr. Theansak. Neighbors who saw the mauling rushed over to assist the victim, and sent him to Krungthep Phuket hospital.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/02/26/phuket-pit-bull-owner-sued-after-savage-dog-attack/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-02-26

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially, the victim notified to prosecute the owner in an accusation of being careless and ignoring his dogs until they did harm to other people, for which the punishment would include both jail time and a fine.

The victim’s mother is also the aunt of Mr. Boonsin Aekphaibul, the Executive Committee of Theansin Mitsubishi Phuket Co., Ltd. the representative company selling Mitsubishi automobiles in Phuket and also the executive of a well-known hotel in Phuket.

So the victim's mother has only started the action, there has been no result. I hope she wins the case.

Also, the accusation of the dog's owner being careless may end in gaol time - excellent!

But I wonder what the result would be if the victim was a farang and if the victim's mother weren't some hi-so wannabee.

Initially, the victim notified to prosecute the owner in an accusation of being careless and ignoring his dogs until they did harm to other people, for which the punishment would include both jail time and a fine.

The victim’s mother is also the aunt of Mr. Boonsin Aekphaibul, the Executive Committee of Theansin Mitsubishi Phuket Co., Ltd. the representative company selling Mitsubishi automobiles in Phuket and also the executive of a well-known hotel in Phuket.

So the victim's mother has only started the action, there has been no result. I hope she wins the case.

Also, the accusation of the dog's owner being careless may end in gaol time - excellent!

But I wonder what the result would be if the victim was a farang and if the victim's mother weren't some hi-so wannabee.

And if the pit bull's owner was a falang the compensation would be 7,000,000.

They sould be put down if they have already attacked twice.Maybe a child next time who won't be so lucky.

• Like 2

Good on her for filing charges and sueing.

Dogs did only what they meant to do which is protect the house, the idiot owner is suppose to lock the gate so dogs can not get outside so easily.

I only hope the owner of the dogs has the money, so it will not be like trying to get water out of rock.

I also hope he does not put it out on dogs, because it is 200% owners fault for not locking the gates

• Like 1

And if the pit bull's owner was a falang the compensation would be 7,000,000.

They sould be put down if they have already attacked twice.Maybe a child next time who won't be so lucky.

I think any dog that bites a person should be put down.

And vice versa.

(The last bit was just a joke.)

Dogs protect their home and their territory, they did nothing wrong, if the gates were locked, everyone would have been safe.

If the victim was across the road in another soi and dogs attacked him, its a totally different story, but in this specific case, dogs protected the house from the stranger

If he has killed the dog, no one would be calling for deportation, there is absolutely no need to troll and play the farang game.

Dogs were not in the wrong, the owner of the dogs was for leaving the gates open

Lemoncake, there was a case recently in Pattaya where an old German guy killed a

dog in his housing community for supposedly repeatedly attacking him. I don't know

if he was wrong or right, but the Thais staged a protest asking for his deportation ...

luudee

Vicious Pit Bull Attack: Phuket mother files for compensation
Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: A compensation complaint for a hospital bill totalling nearly 700,000 baht was filed with Wichit Police yesterday after a man was savaged in a vicious pit bull attack.

Benjarat Ekpaiboon’s 33-year-old son, Tiensak Ekpaiboon, was attacked by three of their neighbor’s five pit bulls around 8am on February 6.

“He’s been in hospital for almost three weeks now. Some of the wounds, like the ones to his face, chest and arm are better, but the deep wounds to his legs still need treatment, Mrs Benjarat told the Phuket Gazette today.

Mr Tiensak was still deciding whether he would prefer a skin graft to repair his leg wounds or if he would just leave them to heal naturally, Mrs Benjarat explained.

Her son was attacked by the pit bulls moments after they attempted to attack a woman in the area, Ms Benjarat said.

“Fortunately, the woman was able to use her purse and umbrella to fend them off. Though she did lose her purse,” Mrs Benjarat said. “She filed a complaint with the Wichit Police, too.”

Mr Tiensak was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket for treatment after several neighbors were able to chase off the dogs.

“We tried to negotiate with the neighbor at the police station after the incident,” Mrs Benjarat said at the time of filing the complaint.

“The dogs’ owner asked us to transfer Tiensak to the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization Hospital [in Rassada], but I declined. Our hospital bill is now about 700,000 baht, but the owner has paid only 300,000 baht and has refused to cover the rest of the bill,” she said.

Mrs Benjarat explained to the Gazette that the owner of the five pit bulls had been raising the animals for about five years. Two of the dogs were kept inside and three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them outside, she said.

“I was also attacked by the dogs once, but it was not very serious, so I did not file a complaint,” she added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Vicious-Pit-Bull-Attack-Phuket-mother-files-for-compensation-20342.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-26

If he has killed the dog, no one would be calling for deportation, there is absolutely no need to troll and play the farang game.

Dogs were not in the wrong, the owner of the dogs was for leaving the gates open

Lemoncake, there was a case recently in Pattaya where an old German guy killed a

dog in his housing community for supposedly repeatedly attacking him. I don't know

if he was wrong or right, but the Thais staged a protest asking for his deportation ...

luudee

I remember the case very well, and it was totally different.

The dog never attacked him, but was attacking his dog when he walked past other dogs house.

That German guy, returned home, left his dog and went back purposely to kill the other dog.

So very different cases.

These dogs need to be put down immediately. The owner needs to pay whatever it takes in hospital bills to do whatever they can for the boy, for however long it takes.

Compensation should also be paid for whatever lasting trauma that poor boy will endure from the incident. Case closed. No other scenario is acceptable.

why these dogs need to be put down immediately?

remind me again who made you the judge? i must have missed it somewhere

These dogs need to be put down immediately. The owner needs to pay whatever it takes in hospital bills to do whatever they can for the boy, for however long it takes.

Compensation should also be paid for whatever lasting trauma that poor boy will endure from the incident. Case closed. No other scenario is acceptable.

No LC, I'm not "the judge", I'm merely expressing my opinion. If I were the judge, these dogs would have been put down already. They are potential killers, and they are animals. I value the life of a young boy over a dog. They need to be put down now.

Would it be better to wait until they do kill, possibly a defenseless child? Is it a good enough excuse that the owner 'should be responsible to have them under control'?

Sorry, but as much as I am an animal lover, I would put these dogs down. Once they've tasted blood they can never be trusted (if this breed can be trusted at all), especially if dependent upon the owner keeping them under control. An owner that has already shown that even a momentary lapse of judgement resulted in permanent lifelong damage, and the risk of the same to others.

• Like 1

No LC, I'm not "the judge", I'm merely expressing my opinion. If I were the judge, these dogs would have been put down already. They are potential killers, and they are animals. I value the life of a young boy over a dog. They need to be put down now.

Would it be better to wait until they do kill, possibly a defenseless child? Is it a good enough excuse that the owner 'should be responsible to have them under control'?

Sorry, but as much as I am an animal lover, I would put these dogs down. Once they've tasted blood they can never be trusted (if this breed can be trusted at all), especially if dependent upon the owner keeping them under control. An owner that has already shown that even a momentary lapse of judgement resulted in permanent lifelong damage, and the risk of the same to others.

No it would be better to teach the owner a good lesson so he locks up the gate.

Because one of those days the same dogs would save your life and protect your house.

Yes boys suffering is shame, however dogs only protected their house, they were not roaming the street and attacked him, he(boy) walked past their house and they reacted as he was a stranger.

The owner actually seems like a reasonable guy reading the update, who already paid 300 000 baht.

I do have first hand experience with this kind of thing if you really like to hear it and am also familiar with Thai extortion.

Because one of those days the same dogs would save your life and protect your house.

Yes boys suffering is shame, however dogs only protected their house, they were not roaming the street and attacked him, he(boy) walked past their house and they reacted as he was a stranger.

The owner actually seems like a reasonable guy reading the update, who already paid 300 000 baht.

I do have first hand experience with this kind of thing if you really like to hear it and am also familiar with Thai extortion.

Did you read all the story?

Benjarat Ekpaiboon’s 33-year-old son, Tiensak Ekpaiboon, was attacked by three of their neighbor’s five pit bulls around 8am on February 6.

Her son was attacked by the pit bulls moments after they attempted to attack a woman in the area, Ms Benjarat said.

Two of the dogs were kept inside and three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them outside, she said.

I know what I would do.

• Like 1

Did you read all the story?

Two of the dogs were kept inside and three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them outside, she said.

I know what I would do.

no sorry i only read this part

The complaint accuses the dogs’ owner of being negligent in allowing his dogs to harm other people. The incident occurred on February 6, 2013, at 8.30 a.m., while Mr. Theansak was walking in front of the house of the dog owner, Mr. Prasert (no surname available).

Three American Pit Bull Terrier dogs rushed out from the house and savagely attacked Mr. Theansak. Neighbors who saw the mauling rushed over to assist the victim, and sent him to Krungthep Phuket hospital.

PS. May be you can explain to me then the situation. So the dogs are inside on the concrete which was made for them, but her son walks past and they attack, so he walked past the concrete or the gate? so gates were not locked? or there were no gates?

Edited by lemoncake

PS. May be you can explain to me then the situation. So the dogs are inside on the concrete which was made for them, but her son walks past and they attack, so he walked past the concrete or the gate? so gates were not locked? or there were no gates?

What part of :

...three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them outside

don't you understand?

What part of :

...three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them outside

don't you understand?
The part where dogs can break through concrete area, do enlighten me since you seem to be an expert on the matter of dogs breaking concrete

What part of :

...three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them o

utside
don't you understand?
The part where dogs can break through concrete area, do enlighten me since you seem to be an expert on the matter of dogs breaking concrete

It doesn't matter if there were gates, or no gates, or special concrete areas. If the man who was attacked was not trespassing on the dog owners property and there's no indication that he was, he had every right to assume he would be safe on public property.

If the content of the report is correct, then this was a very savage attack by three out-of-control animals and something needs to be done to ensure that there isn't a third attack. I don't think that telling the dogs not to do it again will work. I do know what will, as do a few others here.

• Like 2

What part of :

...three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them o

utside

don't you understand?

It doesn't matter if there were gates, or no gates, or special concrete areas. If the man who was attacked was not trespassing on the dog owners property and there's no indication that he was, he had every right to assume he would be safe on public property.

If the content of the report is correct, then this was a very savage attack by three out-of-control animals and something needs to be done to ensure that there isn't a third attack. I don't think that telling the dogs not to do it again will work. I do know what will, as do a few others here.

It does matter if there were gates, especially so if dogs were behind concrete wall, because it is simply not possible for dogs to break through concrete walls to attack.

Just because mother side of the story does not say he was tresspassing it does not automatically mean that her son was not.

If someone sticks their hand through the gates and gets bitten, does it make any difference? sure it does.

Owner has clearly accepted responsibility and has paid 300 000 baht.

What is unclear is the situation with the concrete place for the dogs, though it seems it is very clear for some of you here, the resident experts without much information

No, Lemoncack, it doesn't matter about walls or concrete areas or gates, or whatever, that's not the issue; the owner has already accepted responsibility.

My point, that you missed, was that something needs to be done about dogs that have a propensity to attack which the dogs in question clearly do, whether it was their fault or their owner's. The next attack could be on a child.

The man who was attacked this time had a reasonable right not to expect to be attacked in a public area. I think it can be assumed he wasn't trespassing or putting his hand through a gate, that would have been mentioned in the report. I'm sure the owner would not be paying hospital bills for a trespasser on his property.

Regarding your "resident experts" comment, that's a bit rich coming from you.

• Like 2

No, Lemoncack, it doesn't matter about walls or concrete areas or gates, or whatever, that's not the issue; the owner has already accepted responsibility.

My point, that you missed, was that something needs to be done about dogs that have a propensity to attack which the dogs in question clearly do, whether it was their fault or their owner's. The next attack could be on a child.

The man who was attacked this time had a reasonable right not to expect to be attacked in a public area. I think it can be assumed he wasn't trespassing or putting his hand through a gate, that would have been mentioned in the report. I'm sure the owner would not be paying hospital bills for a trespasser on his property.

Regarding your "resident experts" comment, that's a bit rich coming from you.

Any guard dog including a Chihuahuas has the propensity to attack when you enter their house

You do not know where the man was nor do you know if he was inside dogs property

All you know is what mother had stated,which again does not mean true or a fact.

Mother also chose to keep the son in a private hospital, and did not file any charges when the bills reached 350K or 400K.

Lets deal with the facts at hand instead of fantasizing.

And do explain the meaning of this part of you post "Regarding your "resident experts" comment, that's a bit rich coming from you"

chooka, on 27 Feb 2013 - 06:24, said:

lemoncake, on 27 Feb 2013 - 00:13, said:

iSabai, on 27 Feb 2013 - 00:09, said:

lemoncake, on 26 Feb 2013 - 20:15, said:

They are a danger to the public. What is they get out again and attack a small child? The child would be torn to pieces. Unless someone can garantee 150% that these animals have been totally reabilitated and will not re offend then they should be put down before they kill.

Totally understand what you saying, HOWEVER In this case it appears they were in concrete something, so anyone to be attacked, they must be in their enclosure.

SO far there is only one side of the story without much detail of how they managed to get through the concrete.

Guard dogs did what they were suppose to do, as mother did say, the boy walked "past the house" possibly "through the house"?

But again, no point speculating because it is also unclear about the concrete part of the story